U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 01:56 PM

22,554 posts, read 22,100,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Oh I agree with that. Yelling at the driver and getting on the bus is way out of line.
I just also think that the driver should have handled things MUCH better than he did. If the bus is going to be delayed THAT MUCH, he NEEDS to find a way to alert the parents, be it by contacting the school, or the parents directly. No parent should be wondering where their child is.
They all have cell phones. Many called their parents. The parents showed up so they know exactly where their kids are and what is going on.
My kids bus was late several times for mechanical and other reasons. He always text me to let me know what was up.

Our society has developed this irrational fear and belief that we must know where our children are every second of everyday and have immediate access to them. I can remember when parents didnt freak out if the bus was late or if you were not through the door exactly at X:00 everyday as long as you were in for supper they assumed you were just being a kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 09:19 PM

535 posts, read 1,060,590 times
As soon as he pulled the bus over, go fund me accounts were being set up

Old 09-25-2019, 11:26 PM

3,311 posts, read 4,567,034 times
Bus conduct is crazy out of control. Had too many incidents and ended up driving my kids and they were grateful. I wouldn’t let them be on the bus. Forget that.

Old 09-26-2019, 12:37 PM

17,021 posts, read 20,967,860 times
Quote:
You donít hold kids for extended periods of time without alerting the parents, ever.

If it was so bad that he had to park the bus for such a length of time, he should have called for help.

She went inside the bus to get her child (after watching him yank/grab another child.) He got physical with her. He pulled her hair and she punched him.

Everything about this video is wrong, from the unruly kids, to his behavior, and then to hers. No way was he in the right on this one.

How would you feel if you went to pick up your child from the bus stop at 3:30, only to be waiting for 30+ minutes with no sign of the child/bus? That would be enough to give any parent a panic attack.

Again, you DO NOT hold kids without first alerting the parents.
Get help from whom exactly? The dispatcher who doesn't leave the office?

Would you have preferred he tried driving and turning around to get these kids to calm down and end up getting in an accident?

I can clearly remember growing up and having the bus driver pull over to get the kids to calm down. Of course that was before cell phones, and every child gets a medal, and people weren't offended and ready to sue because they thought someone looked at them funny.

Old 09-26-2019, 12:48 PM

9,933 posts, read 5,963,671 times
The mom gave a tearful interview where she talked about how she still hears the children screaming in her dreams at night. Very dramatic.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-with-students

Old 09-26-2019, 12:54 PM

10,175 posts, read 7,013,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Get help from whom exactly? The dispatcher who doesn't leave the office?

Would you have preferred he tried driving and turning around to get these kids to calm down and end up getting in an accident?

I can clearly remember growing up and having the bus driver pull over to get the kids to calm down. Of course that was before cell phones, and every child gets a medal, and people weren't offended and ready to sue because they thought someone looked at them funny.
Our bus driver would pull over as well... For maybe a minute or two. There is no way we'd ever be 30+ minutes late to our stop, or however long this was that gave enough time for students to call their parents, and for the parents to get in their cars and drive to the bus location.
I don't have an issue with the driver pulling over, but rather the extended amount of time it took. Not to mention, I've been able to pick up my kids from different stops by providing proper ID. Why weren't the parents allowed to get their kids from the bus when they arrived? Do they not have such protocol in place?

Old 09-26-2019, 12:56 PM

10,175 posts, read 7,013,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The mom gave a tearful interview where she talked about how she still hears the children screaming in her dreams at night. Very dramatic.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-with-students
LOL. Now THIS is ridiculous.

Old 09-26-2019, 12:57 PM

7,266 posts, read 4,004,481 times
Quote:
Oh I agree with that. Yelling at the driver and getting on the bus is way out of line.
I just also think that the driver should have handled things MUCH better than he did. If the bus is going to be delayed THAT MUCH, he NEEDS to find a way to alert the parents, be it by contacting the school, or the parents directly. No parent should be wondering where their child is.
I'll grant you that. And he MAY have. The article doesn't state that he didn't. He pulled over because of fighting by the kids. It's possible he called it in, and that's how the parents knew where the bus was.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:08 PM

9,933 posts, read 5,963,671 times
According to the news story I just posted, the bus was parked close enough to itís regular stop that the parents could see it so they walked over. It sounds like the bus driver had pulled over twice in order to try to calm down a rowdy bus load of kids. The bus driver radioed for help. Parents called police and the police came right after the video ends. These were middle school aged kids.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:43 PM

Location: Southern California native, last 20 yrs in Milwaukee Wisc.
1,250 posts, read 3,453,110 times
Every. Single. Time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or