U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 11:05 AM

14,281 posts, read 21,144,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
It was a very reasonable decision. If the bus drivers don't show up for work, they should be fired.

Denver DA Releases Statement on School Bus Incident (Martin) – Denver DA

Nice to see you condom violence against the elderly by a POS. I'm sure if it was your father you'd be saying something very different...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2019, 02:28 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,983,982 times

From DPS Transportation:
“DPS Transportation Update: We are expecting a higher number of absences this afternoon among our bus drivers, Wednesday, Oct. 2. There are likely to be delays on some bus routes – especially those after 3 p.m.”

Old 10-02-2019, 03:33 PM

10,197 posts, read 7,041,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Nice to see you condom violence against the elderly by a POS. I'm sure if it was your father you'd be saying something very different...

Old 10-02-2019, 03:39 PM

5,478 posts, read 2,500,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I support the drivers in striking today. The school district did not back them up at all.
Me too. I'm sure that the driver followed the district's policy & now the district is going to scapegoat him?

Old 10-02-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Me too. I'm sure that the driver followed the district's policy & now the district is going to scapegoat him?
It seems to be the case. I think that the driver and para were likely trying to follow the policy (no unauthorized adults not he bus, if there is a disturbance on the bus pull over until things calm down, don’t let kids off of the bus unless at their authorized bus stop, etc.) and I seriously doubt that there is an “in case of a riot” clause in their policy manual. It’s easy for the district to say after the fact that they should have abandoned the policy in this crazy scenario when they could have been fired for dong so. The bus driver was in a no win situation and DPS didn’t back him up. This is being portrayed in at least some of the local media as a racist event and some say that DPS needs to do better.

RTD is desperately looking to hire drivers, as is DPS yet RTD pays a little bit better. Wonder how many DPS drivers will jump ship.

Old 10-02-2019, 04:41 PM

450 posts, read 271,051 times
Quote:
It seems to be the case. I think that the driver and para were likely trying to follow the policy (no unauthorized adults not he bus, if there is a disturbance on the bus pull over until things calm down, don’t let kids off of the bus unless at their authorized bus stop, etc.) and I seriously doubt that there is an “in case of a riot” clause in their policy manual. It’s easy for the district to say after the fact that they should have abandoned the policy in this crazy scenario when they could have been fired for dong so. The bus driver was in a no win situation and DPS didn’t back him up. This is being portrayed in at least some of the local media as a racist event and some say that DPS needs to do better.

RTD is desperately looking to hire drivers, as is DPS yet RTD pays a little bit better. Wonder how many DPS drivers will jump ship.

They should just hire only African American drivers so it can't be racism anymore when someone tries to discipline poorly behaved kids.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:46 PM

5,668 posts, read 2,318,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So arrest the bus driver for starting it. Again the DA who has seen the videos from inside the bus, has decided that no charges should be filed. The superintendent and the director of security for the school district who have seen the videos from inside the bus, have condemned the bus driver's actions. But you people who have not seen the evidence that the DA, superintendent, and the director of security have, believe she is guilty. That means you have made up you mind before even seeing the evidence. That would disqualify you from even being on the jury.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:40 PM

The superintendent didn’t condemn the driver. She didn’t support him either, which is what led to this afternoon’s “sick-out”.

She released a new statement today:
https://www.dpsk12.org/superintenden...team-meetings/

Quote:
I appreciate the conversations I’ve had today with Transportation Team members. I met with staff at both of our bus terminals, to listen to concerns and answer questions about the Sept. 18 bus incident and about the way we have supported all of our DPS community: our Transportation staff, our students and their families. These meetings were held in addition to the meeting we hosted last week with the impacted family members.

First of all, I want to acknowledge the anger and disappointment I heard from our Transportation Team members in regards to my initial public statement about the incident. I want to apologize to them for not sufficiently acknowledging the complexity of their jobs and showing support and appreciation for the work they do to serve our students and families. That, of course, was not my intention. I expressed genuine concern about what happened, but did so in a way that made our team members feel unsupported. I’m very sorry for that, and I will learn from it.
Also an excerpt from the DPS Code of Conduct in regards to the transportation policy:
Quote:
Students can get off the bus only at their designated stops. Any temporary changes require a parent/guardian’s written request, that is approved by the school administrator and by Transportation.

Only assigned students and school staff are allowed to ride on a school bus, unless special permission is granted by Transportation or a school leader.
http://transportation.dpsk12.org/wp-...rd-Website.pdf

Old 10-02-2019, 08:54 PM

5,478 posts, read 2,500,299 times
Quote:
The superintendent didn’t condemn the driver. She didn’t support him either, which is what led to this afternoon’s “sick-out”.

She released a new statement today:
https://www.dpsk12.org/superintenden...team-meetings/

Also an excerpt from the DPS Code of Conduct in regards to the transportation policy:

http://transportation.dpsk12.org/wp-...rd-Website.pdf
Yup, that's similar to ours but ours specifically says 'board or ride'.

Ironically, my disabled son punched his bus driver yesterday getting off the bus & I was stuck standing there, yelling into the wind & being drowned out by the idling bus engine. The para on that route appears to be about 70 years old & the driver was a sub & hadn't been warned about letting him come up behind you or getting in your blind spot.

I wanted to run up those steps, pin his wrists behind his back (I can still do this even though he's now 6'3", oddly enough) & march him into the house but I knew better & this thread had served as a recent reminder.

Today I called the Supervisor of SPED transportation (who I have known for 12 years) & I asked her; 'Did I do the right thing?'

Her answer was 'Absolutely.' Then she said 'As soon as I was told about this; I felt so bad for you. I know how hard that was for you!' Geez; I felt bad for the unsuspecting sub but at least I got the confirmation from 'the horses mouth', as they say.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:32 PM

14,281 posts, read 21,144,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
So arrest the bus driver for starting it. Again the DA who has seen the videos from inside the bus, has decided that no charges should be filed. The superintendent and the director of security for the school district who have seen the videos from inside the bus, have condemned the bus driver's actions. But you people who have not seen the evidence that the DA, superintendent, and the director of security have, believe she is guilty. That means you have made up you mind before even seeing the evidence. That would disqualify you from even being on the jury.
Good because I would have voted to have that POS mother arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or