U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

9,886 posts, read 5,950,748 times

Advertisements

A school bus driver pulls over in an attempt to calm students down before proceeding. They wait for an extended period of time and many of the kids call their parents. Parents arrive and demand that their kids be let off of the bus. A fight ensues when a mom jumps aboard in an attempt to grab her kid. You can view the full video in the link below. https://denverite.com/2019/09/23/a-f...arents-arrest/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM

211 posts, read 70,656 times
Can't view the video just yet. But if someone is telling me they're keeping my kid, I won't take that lightly. Likely a messy situation for all involved.

Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM

1,489 posts, read 589,726 times
What color were the wackos?

I saw the vid.

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

5,634 posts, read 2,292,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A school bus driver pulls over in an attempt to calm students down before proceeding. They wait for an extended period of time and many of the kids call their parents. Parents arrive and demand that their kids be let off of the bus. A fight ensues when a mom jumps aboard in an attempt to grab her kid. You can view the full video in the link below. https://denverite.com/2019/09/23/a-f...arents-arrest/
The actual description of what happened.

Quote:
Denver Public School bus driver and bus aide assaulted a parent, child being held against her will and being inappropriately touched, children were being held against their will parents were frantic. The parent that gets taken to jail and the Denver Public Schools Employees get put in an ambulance and put on another route!

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

11,138 posts, read 4,528,972 times
It's no wonder children are thinking it's ok to kick a teacher.

Their parents are assaulting school employees themselves.

This IS a bit outrageous, that the bus driver is holding all these kids on the bus for what seems to be a half hour or so - gave the kids time to call their parents, and the parents had time to arrive, and then wait for several minutes before acting.

At this point, I'd have called the school principal and asked for help, not assaulted an old man on the bus.

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM

7,555 posts, read 1,690,165 times
More on the story here.

https://kdvr.com/2019/09/23/video-sh...driver-parent/

From reading the article, it seems to me that both the parent and the bus driver were at fault. The driver was over 70 years old, and maybe he just did not have the necessary patience to deal with problem situations.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The actual description of what happened.
That’s one version. I did watch the full video though and the parent did punch the 70 year old bus driver several times in the face. She’s not an innocent party.

There have been rumors that the bus driver or the para touched a student’s breast while trying to grab her phone as she was filming while the bus was stopped.

The bus driver and aid are on leave. The parent who was arrested has a go fund me and has raised more then $1500.

Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM

3,983 posts, read 2,077,671 times
The old man pulled the bus to the curb to wait for the students to calm down. What's wrong with that? That's what my bus driver used to do. It worked,,,, but she was driving civilized children to school.

That group is savage. All of them. There was no reason for them to swarm and beat on an elderly man like that. Period.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

I’m curious what the policies are for bus drivers within Denver public Schools. I’ve read that bus drivers are not allowed to let children off the bus if not at their assigned bus stop. I’ve also read that they are not allowed to let adults on the bus without ID and/or a background check due to not allowing adults access to other people’s kids.

I think the driver should have probably taken the kids to their correct stop after stopping for a few minutes in an attempt to calm them down and then reviewed video (School buses have video nowadays) with his boss and if the kids who were said to be acting out were really deemed to be a problem, suspend them from the bus.

The parents should have calmed down if they were that concerned, call the police and wait.

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

22,547 posts, read 22,087,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Iím curious what the policies are for bus drivers within Denver public Schools. Iíve read that bus drivers are not allowed to let children off the bus if not at their assigned bus stop. Iíve also read that they are not allowed to let adults on the bus without ID and/or a background check due to not allowing adults access to other peopleís kids.

I think the driver should have probably taken the kids to their correct stop after stopping for a few minutes in an attempt to calm them down and then reviewed video (School buses have video nowadays) with his boss and if the kids who were said to be acting out were really deemed to be a problem, suspend them from the bus.
I didnt think about that. I was wondering why he didnt just let the kids whose parents were there off the bus.

Definitely need to suspend those kids from riding the bus. If the parents have to drive them to school and pick them up they might polish their parenting skills and teach their kids to behave. Seems like plenty parents were there quick to get their kids off the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or