U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 05:54 AM

10,416 posts, read 5,724,388 times

Advertisements

A reason why I don't get into fights unless absolutely necessary.......because I know hand to hand can be deadly.

The point is.......does the rest of the world know that or do they think that HtH is nothing more than a bloody nose?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 06:32 AM

7,649 posts, read 1,727,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalHell View Post
I was going to PM you until I recognized the value in the opportunity that was created.
I truly do hope that you will not see this because you might view this as bullying, also, although that is not my intention. I am writing the following not only for you, but for others who are sensitive to what others write, whether they have cause to be or not.

EH, you are new to City Data, while I have been posting for about seven or eight years to these kinds of forums (actually, only two in the past and only C-D now). In that time, I have learned that sometimes people perceive offense when none is meant. If I am unsure whether someone intended a post to be mean or offensive, I will ask nicely for clarification instead of just immediately "attacking" them in return.

Now I have no idea what Roselvr actually wrote (verbatim), but although I don't always agree with his/her posts, s/he is not usually offensive. I know this because a few months ago, I made the decision to put anyone on my Ignore list who I thought was intentionally mean or was on the lookout for a fight, and there are now about three dozen people on my Ignore list, and Roselvr is NOT on that list.

To emphasize, I despise bullies, but I also don't think that "two wrongs make a right" -- even though, yes, I do believe that people have a right to speak up and defend themselves.

P.S. I could not get your video link to work, either. Sorry.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:53 AM

1,275 posts, read 886,060 times
This is not about bullying. This is about murder..

Old 10-01-2019, 07:19 AM

9,834 posts, read 15,162,960 times
Boxus, You were misinformed. If you have been trained, it is very easy to break somebody's neck. That takes him out of the fight. Both of my sons took karate. They never attacked anybody. If they were attacked by one person, the attack ended VERY quickly.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:40 AM

7,649 posts, read 1,727,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
I am not excusing those two bullies AT ALL, but I truly don't think (at this point, anyway) that they set out to actually kill (murder) him. I do think that they should be charged with manslaughter, however.

To be clear, the family and friends of Diego have my utmost sympathy, but I have no sympathy at all for those who were responsible for his death.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:51 AM

9,720 posts, read 4,983,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
People like to share their bullying and fight anecdotes. This was assault and battery resulting in death. I don't know how California defines murder, involuntary manslaughter, etc., but this incident was neither bullying nor a fight.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:01 AM

474 posts, read 169,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
People like to share their bullying and fight anecdotes. This was assault and battery resulting in death. I don't know how California defines murder, involuntary manslaughter, etc., but this incident was neither bullying nor a fight.
That all depends on what started it. My first assumption is that the larger kid was picking on Diego who then says something in defense and ends up getting hit. In my opinion, the only way it couldn't be called bullying is if the victim started it.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:26 AM

4,240 posts, read 865,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There’s not a school anywhere that doesn’t have bullying. There was bullying in my school 40+ years ago and the demographics do not match this school.

If there’s any common factor in schools with significant bullying problems I would think economic class is a more important factor than racial demographics.
Yeah, but there was bullying then....and bullying now.

Then: You get your books knocked to the floor and everyone laughs as you pick them up.

Now: You get your brains knocked to cement and someone videos your dying moments with a cell phone.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:59 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,313,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
9% whites, 82% low income.
Yeah, because bullying never happens at a predominantly white, upper-income school.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:32 AM

55 posts, read 5,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I truly do hope that you will not see this because you might view this as bullying, also, although that is not my intention. I am writing the following not only for you, but for others who are sensitive to what others write, whether they have cause to be or not.

EH, you are new to City Data, while I have been posting for about seven or eight years to these kinds of forums (actually, only two in the past and only C-D now). In that time, I have learned that sometimes people perceive offense when none is meant. If I am unsure whether someone intended a post to be mean or offensive, I will ask nicely for clarification instead of just immediately "attacking" them in return.

Now I have no idea what Roselvr actually wrote (verbatim), but although I don't always agree with his/her posts, s/he is not usually offensive. I know this because a few months ago, I made the decision to put anyone on my Ignore list who I thought was intentionally mean or was on the lookout for a fight, and there are now about three dozen people on my Ignore list, and Roselvr is NOT on that list.

To emphasize, I despise bullies, but I also don't think that "two wrongs make a right" -- even though, yes, I do believe that people have a right to speak up and defend themselves.

P.S. I could not get your video link to work, either. Sorry.
I don't know why you'd bother to write something to me but hope I don't see it. It's pretty clear that I'm fully willing and able to engage discussion on the matter of epidemic bullying (which largely includes adults).

I'm no stranger to online forums. I've been a member of most mainstream communities and dozens of hidden jewels out there. In fact, earlier I recalled a woman I met on a forum who wrote on my wall all upset that I gave her negative rep. It wasn't me, it was someone else. Took a while to bring her to awareness but shortly after it was resolved she turned dark and paranoid again. I ran into her 5 years later on another forum, and have crossed paths with others I knew from all over.

The link works for me. My YouTube app opened the link and went directly to the time marker. Roselvr said something about not having sound. That's an exceptional factor which no one would anticipate. She didn't say she didn't have sound when she made her note. She asked what the video had to do with the topic.

And, I'm not born this morning. I know to infer meaning, and asking what the video I posted had to do with the topic did not convey "hey, I don't have sound (highly unusual, i know) but what is the video of?"

Anyone would infer, and accurately so, that the question indicates annoyance (at least).

What does the video have to do with the topic?

Benign question? No, not really.

She could have said "I don't have sound. What is the video of?"

So, big difference.

As for feeling bullied by your contribution - no, I do not feel that way. Because it isn't that way. But I do envision you snuggling Roselvr in a comfort hug.

She's fine. She will not die from these little ouchies like the poor boy who was attacked by uncivilized animals (products of monster parents in an atrocious society).

I'm fine, too. And just FYI, I'm not entertained (or entertaining). I'm sincerely interested in seeing people engage in more examination and analysis of bullying behaviors, and how people respond to it. I'd like to see this little snag here serve as a springboard for exactly that purpose. Maybe it needs a new thread in a different forum but that's not likely to happen (unless I myself lead the way). I won't be leading the way.

Now I'm off to discuss the biggest bullying epidemic on earth: gang stalking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events