U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 05:37 PM

7,593 posts, read 4,366,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Incels?? Are we sure this isn't just a label we're putting in a run of the mill nut case? Because it's trendy or something?
It's a label these particular nut cases actually invented for themselves. (I guess they think it sound better than "antisocial misogynistic a-hole," which is a more accurate if longer description of them.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 05:56 PM

5,994 posts, read 2,460,751 times
Really people. This guy is just a common run of the mill a-hole for the most part along with some mental issues probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_zSdw1nShk&app=desktop

Old 09-28-2019, 06:07 PM

7,741 posts, read 6,865,836 times
Quote:
Damn. Is this actually becoming a thing?

Maybe I'm behind the times or live in a small world but how in the hell did this ever become a trend? I don't know any "Incels", it's never been an issue for me. I can't think of one person i have known or known of that this can be applied too. I know one guy who has slept with one woman his entire life (religious, 6 kids) and is in his early 60s and they've been married for 45 years or so. I have worked with a guy who according to the ladies is "A" sexual much to a couple of them who find it totally frustrating as he is a very desirable specimen. There are different people out there.

Incels?? Are we sure this isn't just a label we're putting in a run of the mill nut case? Because it's trendy or something?

Yes, it really has become a thing. And yes, ocnjgirl is correct in saying it's mainly been influenced and encouraged by other like-minded angry men on internet forums. And from watching youtubes posted by other incels all sniveling about how badly done by they are.

In this particular instance with Alek Minassian nobody else is putting a label on the guy because it's trendy. He's labeled himself, he's a self-admitted incel, he's pronounced it on internet on forums and also to the police when he was being interviewed after his arrest.

Last night on our local TV news here in Canada the police released some portions of the video of Alek Minassian telling the interviewer in the interrogation room that he's an angry incel. He said that killing people was his way of showing his objection to his involuntary celibacy and to being rejected by women. He showed no remorse and said he wished he could have killed more people.

And yes, he is a nut-case. Listening to him talk there is no way he can use his Asperger syndrome as an excuse for his behavior. He doesn't talk or look like someone with Asperger. He sounds like a perfectly intelligent, well-spoken, polite, easy to understand and a well built, easy looking on the eye kind of fellow, actually quite handsome in a slightly effeminate way because he has beautiful eyes and long eyelashes. Effeminate eyes being something I've noted that many other incels also do have that same characteristic and which may be a put off for women because it suggests effeminacy.

But he also has a wild, crazy schizoid gleam in his eye and over-eagerness in his manner of speech when he's talking that would be a sure tip off and red flag to the majority of women that there is something else not right going on in his head. Personally my impression of him was that he is a psychopathic schizophrenic and was off his meds.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:13 PM

5,994 posts, read 2,460,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
It's a label these particular nut cases actually invented for themselves. (I guess they think it sound better than "antisocial misogynistic a-hole," which is a more accurate if longer description of them.)
Yeah, it's a mental illness. I've been rejected by females many times, that's their loss. I've been latched onto by females who wouldn't let go and I had to make it very clear they were not my type.

Men need to understand what is required of them by women. Men need fathers, real men to teach them about responsibility and obligation, duty. I wonder if this guy had a father at all.

Men, the world in general, need to stop making women objects. That includes women who allow themselves to become objects. I think that's a big part of the problem.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:58 PM

16,689 posts, read 6,609,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
https://dynamic.postmedia.com/toronto-van-attack

There really aren't words for this.

Trial is set for February, 2020.
Put him in the general prison population.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:44 PM

21,749 posts, read 17,223,159 times
Quote:
Damn. Is this actually becoming a thing?

Maybe I'm behind the times or live in a small world but how in the hell did this ever become a trend? I don't know any "Incels", it's never been an issue for me. I can't think of one person i have known or known of that this can be applied too. I know one guy who has slept with one woman his entire life (religious, 6 kids) and is in his early 60s and they've been married for 45 years or so. I have worked with a guy who according to the ladies is "A" sexual much to a couple of them who find it totally frustrating as he is a very desirable specimen. There are different people out there.

If you read the link, he gave a lengthy interview to the police about why he did it. He is the one who said that. And now they’ve seen all his posts on the Incel forum that he goes on that encouraged this. That’s the thing, he’s a hero to those guys. That’s how warped they are. You ask why now, those forums are the reason why now. They actively cultivate rage and revenge.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:47 PM

507 posts, read 132,159 times
The problem the incels have is that they are nuts and women run off. Also they want a supermodel girlfriend.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:17 PM

1,049 posts, read 370,153 times
I guess if anyone would know about getting with nutty guys itd be Foxy Knoxy.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:37 PM

5,331 posts, read 2,603,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If you read the link, he gave a lengthy interview to the police about why he did it. He is the one who said that. And now theyíve seen all his posts on the Incel forum that he goes on that encouraged this. Thatís the thing, heís a hero to those guys. Thatís how warped they are. You ask why now, those forums are the reason why now. They actively cultivate rage and revenge.
The Incel recruiting forum seems similar to the recruiting model used by ISIS and the supremacy group that inspired the New Zealand Mosque murders. Off-kilter recruiting site moderators seem to make a claim, then reinforce that claim and belief repeatedly. Lonely, unpopular, unemployed men seem particularly vulnerable to repeated assurances that they belong. Any group that accepts them, they are all-in, whether it is cutting off heads in the Middle East, shooting people at Church, driving over strangers because they don't have a girlfriend, they become extreme in some belief.

I don't think it's so much about the type of people who are vulnerable, but moreso about the Charles Manson / Hari Krishna like brainwashing they encounter.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:14 AM

16,270 posts, read 15,438,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
He said that killing people was his way of showing his objection to his involuntary celibacy and to being rejected by women. He showed no remorse and said he wished he could have killed more people.

And yes, he is a nut-case. Listening to him talk there is no way he can use his Asperger syndrome as an excuse for his behavior.
I agree that being on the autism spectrum has little to do with this man's anger and self hatred. He sounds a lot like Elliot Rodger, the suspect in the 2014 Isla Vista (U.C. Santa Barbara) killings, who had similar issues.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...219-story.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events