U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 01:57 PM

2,809 posts, read 1,065,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thanks for posting that 5th Estate video about the incel movement. It's definitely worth the 22 minutes of viewing time to watch it and give some perspective about the phenomenon for anyone not familiar with it.
You are very welcome. I couldn't rep you again.

I honestly had never heard of the term before today so looked it up. I think I was happier not knowing. I've been trying to avoid spending too much time on the news every day because most of it is so wretched that it makes me sick at heart for what people have gone through. Especially when children, or animals are involved, anybody really. But sometimes we have to take a cold, hard look at society, as horrific as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 02:43 PM

21,950 posts, read 17,306,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thanks for posting that 5th Estate video about the incel terrorism movement. It's definitely worth the 22 minutes of viewing time to watch it and get some perspective about the phenomenon for anyone not familiar with it.
Iím glad you called it a terrorist group. All these hate groups need to be considered domestic terrorism recruiting sites and treated no differently than ISIS recruiting sites. People are groomed for domestic terrorism on these sites yet people try to say itís just one crazy individual instead of calling it what it is.

Old 09-29-2019, 02:49 PM

1,258 posts, read 307,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Such a bunch of nonsense. There is absolutely nothing to learn from a scumbag like this. Just put a 12 gauge slug into the back of his head tonight, cremate the remains and throw them into the trash.
Trial is set next year - this society is completely bonkers. His trial should have been done and over with within a month of his atrocious act.
While I agree that there is little to be learned from this individual, I also note that the Canada criminal justice produces a homicide rate of 1.80/100k (compare to 5.30/100k in the United States).

Of course, I do realize that a lot of people care not one iota about reducing crime - they just want to 'feel good' and indulge their revenge fantasies (and if the results are that the violent crime rate is higher as a result, they're fine with that).

Old 09-29-2019, 04:05 PM

2,726 posts, read 2,393,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
https://dynamic.postmedia.com/toronto-van-attack

There really aren't words for this.

Trial is set for February, 2020.
I think he should be used as a test subject instead of lab mice and/or rats.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:18 PM

1,083 posts, read 385,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Iím glad you called it a terrorist group. All these hate groups need to be considered domestic terrorism recruiting sites and treated no differently than ISIS recruiting sites. People are groomed for domestic terrorism on these sites yet people try to say itís just one crazy individual instead of calling it what it is.

It's covered by the 1st Amendment just like man-hating rhetoric from women.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:25 PM

21,950 posts, read 17,306,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
It's covered by the 1st Amendment just like man-hating rhetoric from women.
Well as I said many pages ago, there has to be a balance between protecting the first amendment and policing the increasing growth of hate groups that promote violence. If “man hating” women forums become promoters and cultivators of domestic terrorism than so be it. So far that is not the case. It’s not the case yet with the majority of men’s forums either, including red pill. But the groups that have cultivated, encouraged and protected domestic terrorists need to be policed by the FBI and restricted just as we police ISIS groups online. Doesn’t matter if they’re red pill, feminist, white supremacist or whatever. This is hardly about men vs women. This guy killed both.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 09-29-2019 at 04:34 PM..

Old 09-30-2019, 07:26 AM

9,179 posts, read 8,545,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well as I said many pages ago, there has to be a balance between protecting the first amendment and policing the increasing growth of hate groups that promote violence. If ďman hatingĒ women forums become promoters and cultivators of domestic terrorism than so be it. So far that is not the case. Itís not the case yet with the majority of menís forums either, including red pill. But the groups that have cultivated, encouraged and protected domestic terrorists need to be policed by the FBI and restricted just as we police ISIS groups online. Doesnít matter if theyíre red pill, feminist, white supremacist or whatever. This is hardly about men vs women. This guy killed both.
An article in the Toronto Sun today goes to your point of being radicalized online and calling it domestic terrorism against women.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...ly-responsible

Old 09-30-2019, 11:11 AM

327 posts, read 84,986 times
As soon as he gets to general population he's going to be an involuntary non-celibate.

Old 09-30-2019, 02:50 PM

63 posts, read 11,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Has being an incel been successfully used as an insanity defense?
No.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:04 AM

16,817 posts, read 6,658,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Put him in the general prison population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
As soon as he gets to general population he's going to be an involuntary non-celibate.
Are you saying the prisoners in the gen-pop are also necrophiliacs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events