U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 11:17 PM

627 posts, read 217,850 times

Advertisements

In the Middle Ages, the Church feared that sexually repressed men would revolt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 05:51 PM

2,282 posts, read 694,133 times
I empathise with young guys whose hormones are raging that aren't attractive to females, I really do. But mass murder over it I can't understand in the least. If you are THAT po'd about your lot in life, committing suicide is a far better choice.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:57 AM

1,271 posts, read 310,000 times
In the pre-internet days, these losers would just wallow in self-pity in the basement.

Today, they're online and networking with other losers. They're also eagerly consuming MGTOW drivel, which tells them that they deserve sex, that it's being unfairly denied to them, that women are manipulative succubi who toy with them for amusement then laugh at them behind their backs. And their urged to 'be alpha' - ie, starting putting women 'in their place'.

One of the things the internet allows is for losers to network and hatch schemes to 'get even'. The vast majority don't, of course. But some do (at least, they do what they think is 'getting even, whether the target is women or Jews or brown people - pick a group that's somewhat less marginalized than it used to be, and you'll find a whole lot of other people who are flying off the handle at the 'injustice' of the erosion of some of their previous privilege.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:43 PM

12,752 posts, read 7,735,751 times
By the way, an earlier poster (I'm not going back to find the post right now, but it's not a big enough point to necessitate a quote) referred to the women that the incels complain about as "Tracys." It is not Tracy, it's Stacy. And the top 20% of men who get 80% of the women in their "soft harems" are "Chads" and the less attractive provider guys who get pity partnership after Stacy finishes banging all the Chads on the "carousel" that she can, are "Timothys." Other words that are common flags for some of these groups, are "hypergamy" and "monkey branching" and "females." There are other phrases, words, and concepts but some of them are pretty vulgar so I'll stop there.

I'm plenty familiar with these fellas, been hearing from them for years and years. Where? Here on CD. Eventually they did try to shush and quiet down some of the incessant brayings on the subject, but it used to more or less dominate the Relationships subforum, which is where I first heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I really think the difference in the guys who turn to violence are those Internet forums, which cultivate the rage and encourage the violence. Just like ISIS, it becomes a community of acceptance and validation for all the wrong things, to outcasts who never felt they fit before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
In the pre-internet days, these losers would just wallow in self-pity in the basement.

Today, they're online and networking with other losers. They're also eagerly consuming MGTOW drivel, which tells them that they deserve sex, that it's being unfairly denied to them, that women are manipulative succubi who toy with them for amusement then laugh at them behind their backs. And their urged to 'be alpha' - ie, starting putting women 'in their place'.

One of the things the internet allows is for losers to network and hatch schemes to 'get even'. The vast majority don't, of course. But some do (at least, they do what they think is 'getting even, whether the target is women or Jews or brown people - pick a group that's somewhat less marginalized than it used to be, and you'll find a whole lot of other people who are flying off the handle at the 'injustice' of the erosion of some of their previous privilege.
Yyyup. I have been told that this is a huge "movement" (which prompted a poop joke on my part, I just couldn't help it) and that us evil wimminz are gonna be real, real sorry one of these days.

In all seriousness, we had one crop up some years back, a "new poster" who started a thread saying he was going to rape and murder women. I'm sure he got reported into oblivion. I don't know if the site is able to track an IP to alert police, or if all they can do is kick him outta here.

For those (or one poster, upthread) who grumpily grouse about "muh free speech!" and feminism and whatever... Look, if you are heard threatening to commit suicide in certain places, authorities will be called and you'll be institutionalized. Maybe not for long, but you'll be taken away for assessment. If you are making threats of violence against other people, it should be AT LEAST as bad as making threats against yourself. That kind of "speech" should not be protected. And I don't think that nutty woman who shot Andy Warhol and wrote a book about how men should be killed or whatever, I don't think that her "speech" needed protecting either. She needed to get her head checked f'sho. So this is not some kind of attack on poor men's free speech. Society does not need people who advocate for rape, murder, and subjugation of others.

Like "fire in a theater" there are limits to your rights where that is concerned.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 PM

2,810 posts, read 1,066,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_spork View Post
by the way, an earlier poster (i'm not going back to find the post right now, but it's not a big enough point to necessitate a quote) referred to the women that the incels complain about as "tracys." it is not tracy, it's stacy. And the top 20% of men who get 80% of the women in their "soft harems" are "chads" and the less attractive provider guys who get pity partnership after stacy finishes banging all the chads on the "carousel" that she can, are "timothys." other words that are common flags for some of these groups, are "hypergamy" and "monkey branching" and "females." there are other phrases, words, and concepts but some of them are pretty vulgar so i'll stop there.

I'm plenty familiar with these fellas, been hearing from them for years and years. Where? Here on cd. Eventually they did try to shush and quiet down some of the incessant brayings on the subject, but it used to more or less dominate the relationships subforum, which is where i first heard of it.

Yyyup. I have been told that this is a huge "movement" (which prompted a poop joke on my part, i just couldn't help it) and that us evil wimminz are gonna be real, real sorry one of these days.

In all seriousness, we had one crop up some years back, a "new poster" who started a thread saying he was going to rape and murder women. I'm sure he got reported into oblivion. I don't know if the site is able to track an ip to alert police, or if all they can do is kick him outta here.

For those (or one poster, upthread) who grumpily grouse about "muh free speech!" and feminism and whatever... Look, if you are heard threatening to commit suicide in certain places, authorities will be called and you'll be institutionalized. Maybe not for long, but you'll be taken away for assessment. If you are making threats of violence against other people, it should be at least as bad as making threats against yourself. That kind of "speech" should not be protected. And i don't think that nutty woman who shot andy warhol and wrote a book about how men should be killed or whatever, i don't think that her "speech" needed protecting either. She needed to get her head checked f'sho. So this is not some kind of attack on poor men's free speech. Society does not need people who advocate for rape, murder, and subjugation of others.

Like "fire in a theater" there are limits to your rights where that is concerned.

amen!!!

Old 10-08-2019, 08:55 AM

2,282 posts, read 694,133 times
Incels make some very valid points about society, many are dead on accurate. Where they go wrong is blaming women for their lot in life. It's certainly not their fault these guys aren't attractive, personal relationships are and have never been based on charity or fairness. It's the luck of the cards whether you are born a Chad or an incel or something in between, gotta play the cards you are dealt - however sh$tty they may be. Or fold I guess, that's another option. I guess going on a murder spree brings attention to their group and gripes about life, but it's certainly not going to get any of them laid so I have no idea why these two freak shows resorted to it. I also don't think either of them resemble you typical incel - both were average looking but with really bad attitudes towards the opposite sex. A typical incel is pretty much way below average looking.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:22 AM

21,960 posts, read 17,314,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Incels make some very valid points about society, many are dead on accurate. Where they go wrong is blaming women for their lot in life. It's certainly not their fault these guys aren't attractive, personal relationships are and have never been based on charity or fairness. It's the luck of the cards whether you are born a Chad or an incel or something in between, gotta play the cards you are dealt - however sh$tty they may be. Or fold I guess, that's another option. I guess going on a murder spree brings attention to their group and gripes about life, but it's certainly not going to get any of them laid so I have no idea why these two freak shows resorted to it. I also don't think either of them resemble you typical incel - both were average looking but with really bad attitudes towards the opposite sex. A typical incel is pretty much way below average looking.

It's not always about looks. Many are incels due to social anxiety or just poor social skills, many have Aspergers or something else that interferes.

But the one thing I notice is they ONLY discuss "Stacy's" and how they are either dating Chads or Timothy's...but where is the mention of the girls who are NOT Stacy's, who are average, or overweight, or don't have good social skills, just like THEM.

There are a LOT of well below average looks guys who have gf's and wives. Just go to Walmart, you will see lots of guys with unattractive faces and big pot bellies walking with their wife and kids. BUT their wives are not "Stacy;s:, they are average or below average just like the guy.

So it's not that incels can't get girls, it's that they can't get the only girls they want, the Stacy's, who naturally are going to pair up with their evolutionary equals in looks and personality (WTF would an incel who sits in basement playing video games even have in common with a social Stacy in any case?).

It's like you crying saying you can't afford a car, when what you really mean is you can't afford a Tesla. If you buy what you can afford, you can get a great car. If you pair up with women you actually have something in common with (think Sheldon and Amy) you can get a great relationship. If you choose to sink into rage an misery because you only want a Tesla, that's not society's fault.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:07 AM

2,852 posts, read 2,330,787 times
Jeez all that one guy has to do is quit feeling sorry for himself , start playing an instrument and join a band.

I know it’s not quite that easy but that route has worked for many others with similar looks. Lack of talent is not necessarily a setback, lol.

Old 10-09-2019, 02:37 PM

12,752 posts, read 7,735,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not always about looks. Many are incels due to social anxiety or just poor social skills, many have Aspergers or something else that interferes.

But the one thing I notice is they ONLY discuss "Stacy's" and how they are either dating Chads or Timothy's...but where is the mention of the girls who are NOT Stacy's, who are average, or overweight, or don't have good social skills, just like THEM.

There are a LOT of well below average looks guys who have gf's and wives. Just go to Walmart, you will see lots of guys with unattractive faces and big pot bellies walking with their wife and kids. BUT their wives are not "Stacy;s:, they are average or below average just like the guy.

So it's not that incels can't get girls, it's that they can't get the only girls they want, the Stacy's, who naturally are going to pair up with their evolutionary equals in looks and personality (WTF would an incel who sits in basement playing video games even have in common with a social Stacy in any case?).

It's like you crying saying you can't afford a car, when what you really mean is you can't afford a Tesla. If you buy what you can afford, you can get a great car. If you pair up with women you actually have something in common with (think Sheldon and Amy) you can get a great relationship. If you choose to sink into rage an misery because you only want a Tesla, that's not society's fault.
I'm convinced that some of the obsession with looks is simple projection. That first of all, some of these incels are not ugly at all really, in fact if you look at photos of the ones who have committed crimes, even the most notorious one was slightly effeminate looking but not ugly, and I've known plenty of guys who had that slightly feminine "pretty" going on, who got laid left and right.

Yet they are not getting any good feedback from women, and since in THEIR minds, what "attractive" means = "good looking" they cannot comprehend that anyone might possibly think differently than that. So women must not like them, because they don't look good enough, since if a woman looked hot he'd bang her even if she were a drooling idiot or a lunatic apparently. Some people cannot understand or accept that anyone might have other motivations than they do. Or in this case that if you project off-putting mannerisms or a negative or disturbing personality enough, then it won't matter how hot you are, women are gonna run from you.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:50 PM

2,810 posts, read 1,066,583 times
It's their warped personalities more than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events