U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

9,167 posts, read 8,513,247 times

Advertisements

https://dynamic.postmedia.com/toronto-van-attack

Quote:
Toronto van attacker Alek Minassian has just one regret.

After coolly confessing to running down 26 people and killing 10 of them on Yonge St., he's disappointed that he had to end his murderous rampage too soon.
There really aren't words for this.

Trial is set for February, 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

350 posts, read 95,922 times
He can actually be very useful now for psychiatric studies:

- strip him of any human rights (no Miranda for you darling)
- start doing FMRI scans of his brain

I can think of at least half a dozen other experiments that could significantly advance psychiatric field (but are illegal against humans, or severely limited even with Navy Seals training).

It's actually cheap to keep him fed and alive for next 20 years while documenting findings gradually extracted from his brain matter.

I hope Canada doesn't do death penalty ?

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

2,237 posts, read 672,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
He can actually be very useful now for psychiatric studies:

- strip him of any human rights (no Miranda for you darling)
- start doing FMRI scans of his brain

I can think of at least half a dozen other experiments that could significantly advance psychiatric field (but are illegal against humans, or severely limited even with Navy Seals training).

It's actually cheap to keep him fed and alive for next 20 years while documenting findings gradually extracted from his brain matter.

I hope Canada doesn't do death penalty ?
Such a bunch of nonsense. There is absolutely nothing to learn from a scumbag like this. Just put a 12 gauge slug into the back of his head tonight, cremate the remains and throw them into the trash.
Trial is set next year - this society is completely bonkers. His trial should have been done and over with within a month of his atrocious act.

Old Today, 02:21 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,528,008 times
What it comes down to is just an angry person taking his anger out on other. This happens all the time, albeit usually on a far smaller, toned down scale. It's totally wrong and a horrible thing that happened but I don't know why people don't see the logic in it. The world is filled with people who feel they've been wronged who take out their anger on others. Child abuse survivors, people who grew up in poor and violent neighborhoods, those who were bullied, ex romantic partners who feel they've been wronged, and of course people who can't get laid. It's all comes down to people who feel they are victimized and want to seek revenge on whoever they feel wronged them. Besides the body count, it's a big story because of the supposed motive (incel) in the killings.

Old Today, 02:43 AM

26,581 posts, read 28,997,643 times
Coach Red Pill had some excellent insights on incels (and even non-incels) in 2 different videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIlEQEU-Z8&t=11s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXjWs8TnBEE

Old Today, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Such a bunch of nonsense. There is absolutely nothing to learn from a scumbag like this.
Oh, you're so wrong here. There's so much ! You don't seem familiar with this field, but I can assure you that this is a prime specimen for a controlled study that could go on for a decade and result in dozens scientific papers.

Quote:
Just put a 12 gauge slug into the back of his head tonight, cremate the remains and throw them into the trash.
Wouldn't it be a greater punishment for him to suffer ~3,000 nights than just one&done ?

Ideally, they'd partner up with military and I'm sure they wouldn't mind fitting portion of the bill - if you strip him of human rights and can go BlackOps on him under a microscope without any of the red tape

Old Today, 06:54 AM

3,988 posts, read 2,081,794 times
Quote:
Such a bunch of nonsense. There is absolutely nothing to learn from a scumbag like this. Just put a 12 gauge slug into the back of his head tonight, cremate the remains and throw them into the trash.
Trial is set next year - this society is completely bonkers. His trial should have been done and over with within a month of his atrocious act.
I agree. Nothing preventable will be learned from him. He's evil. He doesn't deserve to to be sheltered, clothed and fed by us while he pleasures himself with our sick interest in him. Destroy him quickly before he becomes a pitied, martyred poster boy for others.

Old Today, 07:28 AM

It's too late for that now given the media coverage, don't you think ?

Might as well do something good with him instead of a short-sighted society-approved revenge kill...

Then again, people are what they are, so no surprise there...

Old Today, 08:02 AM
KCZ

1,814 posts, read 1,049,187 times
Has being an incel been successfully used as an insanity defense?

Old Today, 10:44 AM

21,712 posts, read 17,193,074 times
Quote:
I think the Aspergers is being discounted, but we ignore it at a peril. Many of these guys have similar issues, resulting in zero understanding of social skills and inability to fit into society. Sure, we can play whack-a-mole and wait till they kill people and then kill them, but its not a very effective way to actually stop what has become basically online recruiting and egging on by these online forums that they join that feed and feed their anger and sense of societal injustice until they lash out. many of these sites operate just like ISIS recruitment sites do. I know it's a tricky balance between protecting the first amendment and policing the internet, but it is the internet creating these monsters and unleashing them on society, and taking down one while 100 more are being created seems kind of short-sighted. I understand the desire for vengeance, but I'm actually more interested in prevention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events