U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:07 PM

3,356 posts, read 2,349,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It was never all that fun even when I was a teen. I went on them then with my friends, but I was never a speed person. I'd rather go in the Funhouse. My brother and I took his kids to an amusement park and ?teamed up" my brother with my nephew and me with my niece. When we went on the coaster (very old wooden coaster) we had the opportunity to sit in the first car...and I said no, and let the kids behind us take it. She was so mad at me, lol.
Do you generally exceed the speed limit on the freeways? My wife is scared to death go on a roller coaster yet she is an aggressive driver on the road she scares me sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 03:38 AM

21,860 posts, read 17,274,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Do you generally exceed the speed limit on the freeways? My wife is scared to death go on a roller coaster yet she is an aggressive driver on the road she scares me sometimes.
Thatís so weird because yes I do have a lead foot!

Old 10-04-2019, 06:15 AM

4,202 posts, read 2,906,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
I never said people should pay for something if they won't enjoy it, I was just pointing out the facts. Yall are free to miss out on the fun
Right? I still love the old fashioned roller coasters, I'll still wait to get the front seat and put my hands up. We used to fly a bit out of the seats on those big hills, back before restraints. I'm not a fan of the coasters with big upside down loops and sharp turns that jerk you around and bang your head on the restraints. The scariest one was on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas.

When accidents happen, it's terrible and sad, but I'm more concerned about getting hurt or killed while driving, having to avoid aggressive speeders, inexperienced teens, DUIers and road ragers.

Old Yesterday, 02:48 AM

2,437 posts, read 922,914 times
I thought the stratosphere was boring. The scariest part was letting go of the railing to step into the cart and being able to look straight down 32 stories (or whatever it is).
If you like roller coasters, do the ny ny one in las vegas with the virtual reality headset. That was the most fun ever! This link shows the side by side visuals of it. The vr is like going thru a factory in area 51, and a crate is dropped with an alien in it. Then hoes up a desert mountain and a creature hooks a tow rope onto cart and starts swinging you around.

https://youtu.be/yVU-k85yWKU

Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM

21,860 posts, read 17,274,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
I thought the stratosphere was boring. The scariest part was letting go of the railing to step into the cart and being able to look straight down 32 stories (or whatever it is).
If you like roller coasters, do the ny ny one in las vegas with the virtual reality headset. That was the most fun ever! This link shows the side by side visuals of it. The vr is like going thru a factory in area 51, and a crate is dropped with an alien in it. Then hoes up a desert mountain and a creature hooks a tow rope onto cart and starts swinging you around.

That was cool!

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

4,013 posts, read 1,746,511 times
Quote:

Way cool! Way to ride the roller coaster virtually from our laptop! Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Way cool! Way to ride the roller coaster virtually from our laptop! Thanks.
It was only 3.00 extra for the VR headset. What's funny is the ticket taker at counter didnt even try to upsell for it. I asker her "So whats the VR headset like? Worth getting?" And she just shrugged and said "it's different". I got it anyways for my brother and I and when i got off, I was telling everyone in line "GET THE VR HEADSET!!! IT'S AWESOME!"

Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM

1,319 posts, read 370,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
That's one of my favorite carnival rides. One of the travelling carnivals has one that does that about 40 ft up in the air.

I would have thought a tree landing would be best-case scenario. I guess not.
Perhaps it is the best-case scenario... but it can still be fatal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Back in the 60's we had a small amusement type thing out in farm country. Roller rink and a few rides including one with swings. Swings were on ten foot chains and the thing rotated around a pinwheel arrangement. A highway was right along the park. So they wound up the swings and got some "g"s going with about 20 people on it, as the revs built up the swings were almost straight out. One of the chains broke and tossed a rider across the highway into a tree with fatal results. In a small town that sent out some shockwaves........
Didn't we all think about that possibility while on that ride?

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM

3,356 posts, read 2,349,724 times
Quote:

Stratosphere Tower is 1149 feet tall which is about equal to 77 floors of a building.

Old Today, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Stratosphere Tower is 1149 feet tall which is about equal to 77 floors of a building.
Thx!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events