U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2019, 01:40 PM
 
3,356 posts, read 2,349,724 times
Reputation: 3755

Advertisements

Love roller coasters but it's always in the back of my mind when riding if it will come off the tracks. I guess that's the thrill of the ride.


https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico...nt-park-derail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2019, 06:11 PM
 
Location: South to West
429 posts, read 105,650 times
Reputation: 815
This is some Final Destination level news. I'd never get on any amusement park ride again if I ever saw something like that happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Texas from Maryland
183 posts, read 37,334 times
Reputation: 291
My god! I think about it but not scared. I mean I am scared but not enough to stop me
..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Texas from Maryland
183 posts, read 37,334 times
Reputation: 291
The video doesn't even show it!!!
Gotta check YouTube.. Heck yes I wanna see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 10:17 PM
 
3,356 posts, read 2,349,724 times
Reputation: 3755
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
The video doesn't even show it!!!
Gotta check YouTube.. Heck yes I wanna see!
I looked on Facebook, and YouTube could not find any other video I suspect the woman video recording was related to someone on the ride when she saw it fly off the tracks she lowered the phone or what ever she was using. Some tried to do slow motion it was not easy to see. Maybe there is someone translate it. Seems like in the US the small carnival rides the ones which fly apart more often. Every once in awhile one of the big amusement parks has a fatality. Your probably higher risk of being killed driving home from the park we have accepted that has normal everyday life don't even think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2019, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Oregon Coast
5,676 posts, read 2,325,157 times
Reputation: 7517
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I looked on Facebook, and YouTube could not find any other video I suspect the woman video recording was related to someone on the ride when she saw it fly off the tracks she lowered the phone or what ever she was using. Some tried to do slow motion it was not easy to see. Maybe there is someone translate it. Seems like in the US the small carnival rides the ones which fly apart more often. Every once in awhile one of the big amusement parks has a fatality. Your probably higher risk of being killed driving home from the park we have accepted that has normal everyday life don't even think about it.
Yeah, I don't even know why some people even try to take videos, when they have absolutely zero skill at it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh4R3rAPdHQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2019, 07:21 AM
 
4,007 posts, read 2,093,987 times
Reputation: 19261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yeah, I don't even know why some people even try to take videos, when they have absolutely zero skill at it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh4R3rAPdHQ

Awww. Someone slowed down film and added drums for extra drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2019, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Oregon Coast
5,676 posts, read 2,325,157 times
Reputation: 7517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Awww. Someone slowed down film and added drums for extra drama.
Yeah, I agree that is bad. But without the editing, the video is completely useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2019, 09:25 AM
 
2,606 posts, read 712,772 times
Reputation: 1655
Back in the 60's we had a small amusement type thing out in farm country. Roller rink and a few rides including one with swings. Swings were on ten foot chains and the thing rotated around a pinwheel arrangement. A highway was right along the park. So they wound up the swings and got some "g"s going with about 20 people on it, as the revs built up the swings were almost straight out. One of the chains broke and tossed a rider across the highway into a tree with fatal results. In a small town that sent out some shockwaves........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2019, 10:47 AM
 
21,860 posts, read 17,274,106 times
Reputation: 40730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Back in the 60's we had a small amusement type thing out in farm country. Roller rink and a few rides including one with swings. Swings were on ten foot chains and the thing rotated around a pinwheel arrangement. A highway was right along the park. So they wound up the swings and got some "g"s going with about 20 people on it, as the revs built up the swings were almost straight out. One of the chains broke and tossed a rider across the highway into a tree with fatal results. In a small town that sent out some shockwaves........
I stopped going on big roller coasters after a girl fell out of the Lightening Loops ride at Six Flags Great Adventure a couple decades ago. Her restraint was not pushed down all the way. The ride starts at the top and goes straight down. She tumbled out the second it started, and the other riders had to finish the ride. We also had a mother and small daughter killed on a very small kids roller coaster on the boardwalk when the brakes on their car failed and they crashed into stationary cars at the end of the ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top