Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 06:00 PM

1,159 posts, read 620,298 times

Advertisements

GRAND CANYON WEST, Ariz. — Authorities are trying to locate the body of a man who climbed over a safety barrier at the Grand Canyon Skywalk and apparently jumped to his death.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1060236
---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 06:04 PM

128 posts, read 113,599 times
I was at the Skywalk 2 years ago...was an interesting experience. Its a tourist trap but worth seeing once.

With that being said...jumping from that high up would NOT be a way to go out. I'm sure they'll find his body. Sad...

There is always help out there...

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Old 09-30-2019, 06:08 PM

1,159 posts, read 620,298 times
Apparently? Or accidental?

Old 09-30-2019, 06:08 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,397 times
I just read the article. Wow. I can't imagine. I hate my life at times but I'm too afraid of heights, pain, and hurting my family to end my own life. It's sad he couldn't find another way to ease his pain.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unxpctd View Post
I was at the Skywalk 2 years ago...was an interesting experience. Its a tourist trap but worth seeing once.

With that being said...jumping from that high up would NOT be a way to go out. I'm sure they'll find his body. Sad...

There is always help out there...

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
If someone is serious about ending their life, this is a sure fire way, there is absolutely no chance of surviving, and more than likely, he was dead before he hit the ground, (the level of fear would probably cause the person to go into shock as soon as they jumped).

One of the things that kept me from going thru like some years ago, when I was coming off dope, the question of what happens next kept popping into my head, it was way too much of a risk jumping head first into death via suicide, when NO ONE knows what death is like!...what if conditions are worse than those I was trying to escape from? would I be able to kill myself again?

Old 09-30-2019, 09:41 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Americans have made it so hard to commit suicide safely and efficiently, everybody has to search for hit-miss "coat hanger" method that make an awful mess.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:59 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
GRAND CANYON WEST, Ariz. — Authorities are trying to locate the body of a man who climbed over a safety barrier at the Grand Canyon Skywalk and apparently jumped to his death.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1060236
---
What I'd like to know is who's brilliant idea it was to build a glass skywalk over the Grand Canyon? Is it really necessary to turn our national parks into amusement parks? What's next, maybe a roller coaster suspended over the Grand Canyon?

Old 10-01-2019, 06:01 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,708,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
What I'd like to know is who's brilliant idea it was to build a glass skywalk over the Grand Canyon? Is it really necessary to turn our national parks into amusement parks? What's next, maybe a roller coaster suspended over the Grand Canyon?
FFS...

This skywalk is not - repeat, not - in Grand Canyon National Park. This is made clear in the second sentence of the linked article. The national park encompasses only a portion of the canyon. The skywalk is on tribal lands; it was built and is operated by the Hualapai Indian Tribe.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:45 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Americans have made it so hard to commit suicide safely and efficiently, everybody has to search for hit-miss "coat hanger" method that make an awful mess.
If you've got the money, you can buy a one-way air ticket to Switzerland and go to Dignitas Clinic, the most liberal suicide clinic in the world, they'll grant your wish even if you're only 40YO and suffering from Depression. Cost: $5850 + airfare. The reason I know is because I was in so much pain 3 years ago I actually researched this place as a possibility.

Working in a LTC/Rehab facility for 17 years, with 3 coming into the facility who shot themselves but it was an unaccomplished mission for all 3 of them. Not the best choice, as you never know, a neighbor could hear the shot, call the ambulance and you lfie is saved, and being hooked up to tubes the rest of your life, some life!

Old 10-01-2019, 03:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
There will have to be a wire cage put over the top of it to save us from ourselves.

This won't be a popular opinion but I find what he did to be somewhat disrespectful to the tribe that owns that attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events