Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 07:55 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Okay I know this is no laughing matter... But some of what she was saying certainly made me chuckle. Also The 5th grader who called 9-1-1 sounds just like my ten year Old.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 09:17 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
If I lived in that school district I would be demanding to know which store she bought the alcohol from, what brand it was, etc.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:33 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,209,487 times
Why would you be demanding to know those details. Especially, "etc." Why would you want to know "etc."?

Old 09-30-2019, 10:09 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times
This is what happens when you contract out school bus service to the lowest bidder, who in turn hire minimum wage bus drivers.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:42 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
First, she is driving drunk with a bunch of innocent children. Second, she is driving a bus drunk which is very dangerous for innocent drivers. Thankfully, she did not get in an accident. In this case, I think she should lose her driver's license for life. She is a menace to society.

Old 10-01-2019, 04:29 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If I lived in that school district I would be demanding to know which store she bought the alcohol from, what brand it was, etc.
Why? What purpose would that serve?

She...was...gassed! I can't believe her behavior went unnoticed when she checked in at the bus station that day. Coworkers, other bus drivers, her supervisor... wth, none of them were the wiser about her thirst for the grape and/or grain? It took a ten-year-old child to turn her in?!

Be very afraid if you have kids riding the bus. Adults who enjoy drinking will cover for other adults who enjoy drinking. They'll pretend they don't see it. "Not my problem". "Somebody should do something about her".
That dangerously frightening day didn't happen all of a sudden and out of the blue. Adults knew. And they knew for a long time, but did nothing to stop it.

That's society today. Our school administrators will terminate a child who bites a pop tart into the shape of a pistol, but turn their heads to drunken bus drivers.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:16 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
I remember this not too long ago on "What would you do?" I would have stopped him and I hope most people would too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnB8D65nPE

Old 10-01-2019, 06:22 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Why? What purpose would that serve?

She...was...gassed! I can't believe her behavior went unnoticed when she checked in at the bus station that day. Coworkers, other bus drivers, her supervisor... wth, none of them were the wiser about her thirst for the grape and/or grain? It took a ten-year-old child to turn her in?!

Be very afraid if you have kids riding the bus. Adults who enjoy drinking will cover for other adults who enjoy drinking. They'll pretend they don't see it. "Not my problem". "Somebody should do something about her".
That dangerously frightening day didn't happen all of a sudden and out of the blue. Adults knew. And they knew for a long time, but did nothing to stop it.

That's society today. Our school administrators will terminate a child who bites a pop tart into the shape of a pistol, but turn their heads to drunken bus drivers.
Yes, I sure do miss those good old days when drunk driving wasn't dismissed as not very serious.

Oh.
Wait.

That's precisely the opposite long-term arc of social attitudes towards drunk driving.

PS - In your 'good old days', students would get sent home for such offenses as wearing their hair too long (boys) or wearing pants (girls). Yeah, that wasn't trivial at all...

Old 10-01-2019, 07:18 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
Smart kid for calling the bus driver in.

In defense of the adults who didn't turn her in, she may have done her drinking in the parking lot before she checked in. The effects may not have been obvious until she was on the road.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:40 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Smart kid for calling the bus driver in.

In defense of the adults who didn't turn her in, she may have done her drinking in the parking lot before she checked in. The effects may not have been obvious until she was on the road.
Oh, pah-lease! Yeah, and she would have been completely sober by the time she drove the bus back to the school lot and turned in her keys?

People in whom you trust to safely transport your kids to school knew about her. If that doesn't tick you off, nothing will.

We all know who the drunks are where we work. If the staggering doesn't alert us, the smell will. This is a travesty that could have cost those children their lives. Stop burying your head in the sand, Sarahsez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events