U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:16 AM

3,777 posts, read 5,946,281 times

Advertisements

Luckily the lion had put himself on a low-fat diet, so he didn't attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:19 AM

5,660 posts, read 2,310,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The woman at the zoo I agree if she had been attacked police would be called to shoot the lion. What I don't get is why does the Bronx Zoo have such a stupid looking fence. Looked like to me the lion could just jump over that trench small 4 foot fence easily.

The 2nd video lion with the 2 men was just rough playing wasn't an attack if it was they would not be walking out with just minor flesh wounds.
Exactly. That is the most disturbing part. Zoos are not doing enough to protect the animals or humans. There should be no possibility for zoo animals and humans to ever have contact like that. But the zoos just don't really care. If an animal gets killed in an incident like this, they have plenty more. So they just put up minimum barriers needed to protect the zoo from liability.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; Today at 01:28 AM..

Old Today, 04:34 AM

1,555 posts, read 766,233 times
These stupid people should face a very large fine. Should be arrested. Big sign should be posted at entrance.

Old Today, 06:31 AM

2,387 posts, read 3,092,372 times
anybody have any background on the person???,

when I saw her sort of dancing like that I would wonder if she's all there cognitively.

she should face some kind of charges.

Old Today, 06:40 AM

3,996 posts, read 2,086,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
These stupid people should face a very large fine. Should be arrested. Big sign should be posted at entrance.
What should the sign say?

Old Today, 07:00 AM

5,382 posts, read 5,323,075 times
There is a moat there with a fourteen foot drop that you cannot really see.

People can complain about the fence but that zoo has been there a long time (maybe that enclosure as well) without issue but there will always be someone who has to try to ruin something. That pretty much applies to everything in life. Too many people have to be protected from themselves.

Old Today, 07:30 AM

21,760 posts, read 17,223,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
Darwin's theory in live action example. Sadly I would guess her children were watching. Not a good example to set for the kids.

Can people suck any more than they do today?
If shes already reproduced, it’s not Darwin’s theory. Every single thread about someone who dies doing something stupid people come on and make the Darwin comments and they’re really not reflective of Darwins theories or how evolution actually works.

Old Today, 07:35 AM

21,760 posts, read 17,223,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Exactly. That is the most disturbing part. Zoos are not doing enough to protect the animals or humans. There should be no possibility for zoo animals and humans to ever have contact like that. But the zoos just don't really care. If an animal gets killed in an incident like this, they have plenty more. So they just put up minimum barriers needed to protect the zoo from liability.
That’s actually not the case. Zoos are designed to create a habitat that is natural for the animal as possible. That’s why they don’t have more and bigger barriers. I don’t think they should design zoos for the occasional mentally ill person in mind. This kind of thing it’s been going on for years and years and years at zoos. You just hear about it more because of social media. I remember reading a couple of decades ago about a mentally ill woman who had done one of those adopt an animal things through the zoo. She adopted a panther. She came to believe that her and the panther had a bond. So she hid in the zoo and went into his enclosure after the zoo close and was killed. There are a lot of mentally ill people in this country, things are going to happen like this once in a while.

Also people are attacking the zoo for “not doing enough to protect animals and humans”, but this zoo did protect both because they had a big moat inside the enclosure that she was not able to cross to get to the lion or the lion to her.

Old Today, 07:35 AM

825 posts, read 1,126,389 times
To judge by the look on the lion's face, he took one look at her oversized butt, thought "Mmmm, looks tasty!", then reflected for a second and thought, "Nah, the vet told me my cholesterol is a bit high and I have to cut down on my fat intake."

Old Today, 07:44 AM

1,820 posts, read 2,241,033 times
How this moron did not get mauled is beyond me. So many stupid people in this world.......sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or