U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 03:42 PM

8,534 posts, read 5,564,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Maybe the lion was a on lowfat diet.
The lion only likes white meat...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 04:33 PM

8,096 posts, read 10,894,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Has it been established that she has mental issues? I admit that the first thought I had was that she was drunk or high on something.

I laughed at and agreed with the poster who said that the lion seems to be looking at her like she's a nutcase. It reminds me of dogs who seem to be able to differentiate between full-grown, adult humans and baby humans. The babies seem to get a separate pass from the dogs.
There is a video of her dancing and puffing on something before going into the lion enclosure and she says she is "going to "Expletive" with mother nature". It was also her birthday.

The really sad part is that if she were killed her family would sue the zoo. There is a huge moat that is both deep and wide so in all likelihood she was probably never in real danger, however, rules are in place for a reason and they should be observed.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:41 PM

5,782 posts, read 1,162,262 times
This is not the way to get a contract with classic movie studio MGM!

Old 10-03-2019, 05:46 PM

5,640 posts, read 5,050,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Then if the lion attacked her it will be destroyed. I think it’s awful of her doing that and all those people laughing are jerks as well. This isn’t a joke. That poor animal.
That's one of the reasons I really hate zoos. The animals are at the mercy of people who gawk, point and in this case, enroach into their space.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:54 PM

5,640 posts, read 5,050,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It really wasn’t like Steve Irwin at all. He talk to them the way I talk to my cat the guy in the movie. “Who is the little baby girl who’s mama’s little pumpkin pie?” That’s more like he talked to them. I thought Steve Irwin was great, and that was a freak accident when he was killed. It wasn’t even the animal that did it he just swam over the stingrays back and that sharp long piece went into his heart.

Here’s a trailer for the movie: it’s really pretty amazing that he survived living among them for 13 years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWycuaWJFCM
The bear that killed him was not one of the pack(?) that he had been living among. There was no bond between Timothy Treadwell and the bear that killed him.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:11 AM

13,903 posts, read 13,029,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The bear that killed him was not one of the pack(?) that he had been living among. There was no bond between Timothy Treadwell and the bear that killed him.
Ok, but that bear was also supposedly old and hungry so it still might've decided to kill him even if they did have a "bond."

Old 10-04-2019, 11:14 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,414,014 times
Default I heard she is OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
A woman was caught on camera by visitors at the Bronx Zoo as she climbed over the barrier and entered the lion's enclosure. Apparently there is a mote in between her and the lion, but still. I feel bad for the lion. He looks confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5nhEaimeB0

more here: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...uzm-story.html

If you want to see what happens when a captive lion decides to attack a human, watch this (spoiler alert: the man survives, no life-threatening injuries). This video was next in cue when I watched the Bronx Zoo one. This one is pretty nerve-wracking. The "trainer" guy is treating this poor lion badly. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets killed eventually. I don't think any smart individual would ever be this close to a grown lion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgsmr92udc

The lion was off nuts.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:37 AM

9,894 posts, read 13,756,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
anybody have any background on the person???,

when I saw her sort of dancing like that I would wonder if she's all there cognitively.

she should face some kind of charges.
I read something about her best friend saying she worries about her sometimes … like implying she is not 'all there'. I mean, no sane person would do this right?

Old 10-04-2019, 11:39 AM

9,894 posts, read 13,756,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I AM from the Beavis & Butthead generation but I don't think she is one of ours!

I'm pretty sure it would make a for good story line for that show; fairly consistent with their 'another Great Idea' theme.
She is 32.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:48 PM

1,558 posts, read 770,908 times
One thing I have always hated, is when people do awful things.....and they are called animals. It bothers me too no end. I call them monsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or