Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 08:01 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks for posting the article. I see I was right that the government is paying for Tinslee's medical care which is 24 million according to your article. Apparently Medicare of Texas is beginning to review Tinslee's case and whether tax dollars should continue to be spent on her. They're saying it's far beyond the applicable medical standard of care. The hospital has asked the court for a trial date of July 26.

So far it's the main article on Tinslee. I'm not seeing the blog that usually responds to them. Hopefully they'll do one too. I'm also not seeing anything during the last year except Cook tried to take her off again last fall but lost.

I wonder how deathly ill she is since she's made it passed her 2nd birthday. I still don't understand why they didn't do the trach and release her to a nursing home. It seems all they're interested in is ending her life. Now sadly, it's coming down to tax payer money like I originally thought.
The hospital pretty much has had to do all it can to keep her alive so it will not be accused of killing her. If money were the object they have been getting paid. If she dies, they get paid nothing.

The question is how much Medicaid money is a single individual entitled to? Are other people, including infants and children, not going to get care they need because one person is consuming a large chunk of the budget?

In addition, there is the ethical question related to forcing health care personnel to provide what is ultimately painful, futile care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 09:22 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Let the child pass. It has no future

Old 04-30-2021, 03:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I really didn't think this baby would be still alive, all these months later.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:26 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks for posting the article. I see I was right that the government is paying for Tinslee's medical care which is 24 million according to your article. Apparently Medicare of Texas is beginning to review Tinslee's case and whether tax dollars should continue to be spent on her. They're saying it's far beyond the applicable medical standard of care. The hospital has asked the court for a trial date of July 26.

So far it's the main article on Tinslee. I'm not seeing the blog that usually responds to them. Hopefully they'll do one too. I'm also not seeing anything during the last year except Cook tried to take her off again last fall but lost.

I wonder how deathly ill she is since she's made it passed her 2nd birthday. I still don't understand why they didn't do the trach and release her to a nursing home. It seems all they're interested in is ending her life. Now sadly, it's coming down to tax payer money like I originally thought.

$24 million spent on Fort Worth toddler’s life support; hospital says Texas may intervene April 29, 2021 03:12 PM, Updated April 29, 2021 06:16 PM
As an aside from the fact that the little girl would be better off passing, I find it insane that anyone’s medical care could come to $24 million. Something is seriously wrong with healthcare in this country.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As an aside from the fact that the little girl would be better off passing, I find it insane that anyone’s medical care could come to $24 million. Something is seriously wrong with healthcare in this country.
I agree. 24 MILLION??? I'm wondering how this prices out, for skilled nursing care for 2 years.

Those nurses certainly didn't earn 24 million bucks in the last two years.

Old 05-01-2021, 08:11 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree. 24 MILLION??? I'm wondering how this prices out, for skilled nursing care for 2 years.

No, not even close!

Old 06-14-2021, 04:16 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
Here is another update from last month. https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...8-5bec8e17f0ce There is a short video of Tinslee.

Another article said they were trying to get this to go to trial in July.

Old 06-14-2021, 04:20 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:

She is in ICU on a vent, sedated and a feeding tube 24/7/365 with round the clock monitoring.
That for 2 years. Yes the costs mount and it's not just nursing salaries.

Old 06-14-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Here is another update from last month. https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...8-5bec8e17f0ce There is a short video of Tinslee.

Another article said they were trying to get this to go to trial in July.
Once again, I'm grateful I don't have to make this decision. That is a responsive child. She's responding to her PT by lifting her leg repetitively - no one can say she's incoherent.

Tragic situation.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:44 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Quote:
Once again, I'm grateful I don't have to make this decision. That is a responsive child. She's responding to her PT by lifting her leg repetitively - no one can say she's incoherent.

Tragic situation.
Maybe not, that could be a spastic movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events