Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 04:30 PM

50,422 posts, read 36,095,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
once i get my lambrongini, i will drive you to work. ill pick you up also since 5pm is the busiest time usually and more people will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 09:23 AM

22,202 posts, read 29,258,195 times
They are amazing to drive. Ex had one and several friends

Old 05-05-2021, 05:10 PM

72 posts, read 51,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
A 17 year old 'driving' a Lamborghini 120 mph killed a women running into the side of her car.
A Lamborghini ? Doesn't say if stolen, his parents or his own. The 17 year old is a murderer and should be treated/charged as an adult.
You've failed to substantiate that. Sounds more like a manslaughter or vehicular homicide charge. I'm curious what extenuating circumstances you believe would merit it being tried as an adult?

This is why discussions about law, when people are being ignorant of it or lacking some basic literacy in it, are not usually very productive or meaningful, since passion and emotion tends to get the better of facts and reason, that's my perception anyway.

Last edited by SoulfulSnake; 05-05-2021 at 05:31 PM..

Old 05-14-2021, 12:57 PM

711 posts, read 931,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
A 17 year old 'driving' a Lamborghini 120 mph killed a women running into the side of her car.

https://www.newsbreak.com/california...n-tragic-crash

Police won't release name yet. Friends and family want the driver/murderer prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

A Lamborghini ? Doesn't say if stolen, his parents or his own. The 17 year old is a murderer and should be treated/charged as an adult.
I'm appalled, but not surprised. Living in Hillsborough county Fl. vehicular disorderly conduct is a daily occurrence. The running over and killing a mother pushing a stroller while youth were street racing in Tampa come to mind. No prison time was served by the offenders. The daily roar of illegal mufflers and pick-up truck bullying is what Sun City Center residents must tolerate--along with dangerously high speeds in parking lots where people are walking to and from their cars. According to our law enforcement authorities the alibis are numerous as to why the law is not enforced.

I understand traffic enforcement is not a favorite police duty, they would rather go after the " BAD GUYS."
IMO these are bad people and some very bad criminals have been apprehended via traffic stops. Yes, they are dangerous but necessary. An officers salary could easily be paid writing traffic violations in Hillsborough county. The revenue thus generated would also help with tax increases and our citizens would be much safer.

Some municipalities across the US have sponsored events at drag strips and other areas where "hot rodders" can do their thing--instead of doing this on public roads. Some find out they are not very good "hot rods" just disobedient punks who get away with endangering others on public property.

Something should and must be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events