Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 04:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
This thread was almost dead, why keep it going?
agreed I hate bumping it too
but was glad when it fell off the main CD automotive page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 04:50 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,675,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
This thread was almost dead, why keep it going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
agreed I hate bumping it too
but was glad when it fell off the main CD automotive page
I don't know what the hell is wrong with folk''s like you two. The topic of this thread does you no harm but gives those few of us that like cycling a place to discuss the topic of cycling so stop being sour grapes will ya?

Old 12-28-2010, 04:59 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
I don't know what the hell is wrong with folk''s like you two. The topic of this thread does you no harm but gives those few of us that like cycling a place to discuss the topic of cycling so stop being sour grapes will ya?
Probably because it is in the wrong forum. There is nothing automotive about a bicycle. Just sayin'.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Probably because it is in the wrong forum. There is nothing automotive about a bicycle. Just sayin'.
There is NO forum for bicycles and you know that. That said, a bicycle is a vehicle just like a car so Automotive is where bicycles go.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I just finished reading this article that details the growing interest at state and local levels in using bicycles to replace cars for percentage of all travel functions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9RATQKiOZE

The article to read to see for yourself the ways a bicycle can make your life better and easier.........

Worldchanging: Bright Green: A Week of Biking Joyously: An American Delegation Learns from the Dutch

While many will poo-poo the very idea of a bicycle for daily transport ,for some task, this change is coming like it or not. Our local/state gov't just need to learn how to implement these changes......the right way.

IMO ,just as in the article, make it safe to bike and more people will.
THIS is the topic of this thread as a reminder..........

Old 12-28-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
There is NO forum for bicycles and you know that.

Sure there are, they may not specifically be called that, but they're there. And they are certainly not "auto"motive. That is what is specific to this forum. I just don't know why you are so surprised at people's attitude that you get in THIS forum and then you get all defensive, unless of course, you are trolling, then it is perfectly understandable. I can think of other forums to
Quote:
give those few of us that like cycling a place to discuss the topic of cycling.
We have had great bicyling discussions in the exercize and fitness, health and wellness, and even Green Living, and I have never seen you posting in those threads. Why is that? I just wonder if you are trying to aggrivate people?

Quote:
That said, a bicycle is a vehicle just like a car so Automotive is where bicycles go.
Along with skate boards, rollerblades, and Rail hand carts.

My whole point is that you shouldn't be surprised at the ire you raise. It justs seems too calculated to not be intentional. Cycling should mellow you out more. Are you riding enough? How many miles did you log this year?

Last edited by PanTerra; 12-28-2010 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Baker, CA to Las Vegas to shop wouldn't be much fun at any time of the year.

How is this thread got anything to do with automotive?

In the sense that it is anti-auto-motive.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Sure there are, they may not specifically be called that, but they're there. And they are certainly not "auto"motive. That is what is specific to this forum. I just don't know why you are so surprised at people's attitude that you get in THIS forum and then you get all defensive, unless of course, you are trolling, then it is perfectly understandable. I can think of other forums to We have had great bicyling discussions in the exercize and fitness, health and wellness, and even Green Living, and I have never seen you posting in those threads. Why is that? I just wonder if you are trying to aggrivate people?

Along with skate boards, rollerblades, and Rail hand carts.

My whole point is that you shouldn't be surprised at the ire you raise. It justs seems too calculated to not be intentional. Cycling should mellow you out more. Are you riding enough? How many miles did you log this year?
The broad answer to this is that A.) the thread is still here and has not been moved and B.) I've contacted every CD mod/Admin with the power to create a sub-forum for bicycles and they have not responded so I take that as an agreement that bicycles , in it's own thread, belongs here at Automotive.

What more could the car fans & throttle jockies ask for??

Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
The broad answer to this is that A.) the thread is still here and has not been moved and B.) I've contacted every CD mod/Admin with the power to create a sub-forum for bicycles and they have not responded so I take that as an agreement that bicycles , in it's own thread, belongs here at Automotive.

for this thread to die and fall off the main page of the main automotive forum

so PLZ stop bumping it and let it just die

Old 12-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Really? They haven't responded? Like you haven't responded to my question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling