Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 11:53 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times

Advertisements

Are these seats STILL the MOST comfortable seats these days & if so, will it fit for the 20" Fat Tire & Dolphin Bikes? (I'll put links for the exact bikes we have below too just in case.)

https://www.ylgbike.com/collections/...-for-women-men

Exact ECOTRIC bikes we have:

https://www.ecotric.com/collections/...ire-bike-black

https://www.ecotric.com/collections/...fat-tire-white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 12:43 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
You'll need to check the diameter of the bike's seat post tube. The seat info states there is an adapter collar that fits "most" bikes, but the bike info didn't provide the diameter of the tube...you may have to call the manufacturer to find out. One of the more frustrating things about dialing in the "fit" of a bike is finding the right saddle. Trial and error. What works for one person will drive the next crazy. Some people find a saddle that's too wide or too soft irritates the inner and undersides of their thighs. But, if all you are doing is sitting and letting the motor do all the work, the saddle may matter less. An article that might help:

https://cyclingvitality.com/can-a-bi...ted%20properly.

The fat tires will create a lot of rolling resistance which will shorten the bike's range when using the battery. A 55lb bike? Ouf! Quite a monster! Lugging that thing around while it's folded won't be fun.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-07-2021 at 01:56 PM..

Old 03-09-2021, 08:40 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
It has a standard seat post clamp. If your existing seat post has a clamp integral with it, this saddle may or may not fit properly - its shape is pretty different from a standard saddle - in which case you would need to buy a straight seat post that fits the seat tube of your existing bike. If your existing bike already has a straight seat post, then the clamp will almost certainly fit it; you might have to remove or install a bushing in the clamp. If by chance it doesn't fit, any bike shop (NOT Wal Mart) will have a clamp that will fit. Same for seat posts. There are several different sizes but any competent shop will be able to supply.

Now in my opinion that is NOT going to be a comfortable saddle. Too much padding. It's somewhat counterintuitive but the most comfortable saddle for most riders is a fairly wide, flat, hard seat. You want your weight to be taken on the ”sit bones”, two protrusions of the pelvis; with too much padding the sit bones sink down into the padding and the padding presses up on the soft tissues that need not to be pressed on. So instead of your weight being taken by the sit bones, your weight is being taken on the soft tissues in the middle of your crotch (I'll not describe further, let's keep it G rated). Also don't forget your legs are churning around, so they need room to move. What I see there looks to me like it's going to hit you right behind the top of the thighs with every pedal stroke.

After a short period of familiarization I believe most people will be happy with the Brooks B67 (https://www.brooksengland.com/en_us/b67.html) - it's what I use.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:56 AM

Thank you! Yes, I'll probably have to order & see & just return if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:05 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Any competent bike shop can sell you the parts you need to make it fit. They'll probably install it for a nominal fee. It's literally one or two bolts to loosen, take off/put on a couple small parts, tighten the bolts.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Any competent bike shop can sell you the parts you need to make it fit. They'll probably install it for a nominal fee. It's literally one or two bolts to loosen, take off/put on a couple small parts, tighten the bolts.

Thanks turf3!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling