Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:39 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,491,671 times

Advertisements

Doggone dial-up! I'd love to see the david Bowie/*ick Jagger video, but on this, they'd be doing the herky-jerky [although i think that is a dance maybe??] My birthday is the same as M*ick Jagger- my extremely lame claim to fame!!! So, anyway, what a turnout today-it's just beautiful up here today, all finished w/ my working out, now i"m gonna soak up the sun...
Oh, this is off topic but last night I saw the Space Shuttle AND the International Space Station-equidistant apart going across the sky-came in from the northwest and at almost 90 degrees went across the sky til they were out of sight toward the east-southeast! And, my son got to see it with me-which made it all the better. I will tell you something, if anyone happened to be casually looking up at 10:33 and saw that-they would absolutely FREAK!! Unless they knew,of course!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 02:58 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,637,399 times
HI everyone - I'm back from my walk + shopping! 1 hour and 50 minutes of walking without any shade is too hot! Where did my fall- weather go?? (See, when it's summer you want fall/winter, and when it's winter...Well, then you want winter)

Dreameyes, your pictures are gorgeous! And thanks, but I really can't take the credit. I just live in a beautiful surrounding. Want to come visit?

That was a smart idea, Karla! Tie the plants up, huh? Hm, maybe I should try that now that my "mowing-helper" comes tomorrow...I don't want all the currant bushes being mown down os filled with gras (they are allready full of "dogbiscuits". You know, these white flowers. My mother says they cannot be called dog biscuits in English, but, that's what they are called in Swedish, so why not?)

Roma - Harpling and Malmö? Yes, I know of them. Malmö is the third biggest city in Sweden (I've only been there once, though...) and I believe Harpling is the place where Gyllene Tider (a Swedish band, extremely popular around here and in...Japan! The singer is the same as in Roxette) first started. On the west coast. I've been there! It's a really nice place (Am I doing some commercial for my country? Hm...Na!)

Rachx90 - I've done the same... Did it survive? (Mine didn't)

Ok, just need to point this out, again...I vacuumed the entire house all monday and thuesday, and today is wednesday.
It looks as if no one has vacuumed the place in weeks!
Ho can two boys make such a mess???!!! I even wrote a message to them that they should pick up after them...

Oh, well...I hope my visitors doesn't care that much for a tidy home...

Ok, I love summer for one thing...It's amazing how light it can be so late in the evening! This was taken at 11 pm yesterday eveing (it's just as light out there right now!)

Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 PM

238 posts, read 553,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
HI everyone - I'm back from my walk + shopping! 1 hour and 50 minutes of walking without any shade is too hot! Where did my fall- weather go?? (See, when it's summer you want fall/winter, and when it's winter...Well, then you want winter)

Dreameyes, your pictures are gorgeous! And thanks, but I really can't take the credit. I just live in a beautiful surrounding. Want to come visit?

That was a smart idea, Karla! Tie the plants up, huh? Hm, maybe I should try that now that my "mowing-helper" comes tomorrow...I don't want all the currant bushes being mown down os filled with gras (they are allready full of "dogbiscuits". You know, these white flowers. My mother says they cannot be called dog biscuits in English, but, that's what they are called in Swedish, so why not?)

Roma - Harpling and Malmö? Yes, I know of them. Malmö is the third biggest city in Sweden (I've only been there once, though...) and I believe Harpling is the place where Gyllene Tider (a Swedish band, extremely popular around here and in...Japan! The singer is the same as in Roxette) first started. On the west coast. I've been there! It's a really nice place (Am I doing some commercial for my country? Hm...Na!)

Rachx90 - I've done the same... Did it survive? (Mine didn't)

Ok, just need to point this out, again...I vacuumed the entire house all monday and thuesday, and today is wednesday.
It looks as if no one has vacuumed the place in weeks!
Ho can two boys make such a mess???!!! I even wrote a message to them that they should pick up after them...

Oh, well...I hope my visitors doesn't care that much for a tidy home...

Ok, I love summer for one thing...It's amazing how light it can be so late in the evening! This was taken at 11 pm yesterday eveing (it's just as light out there right now!)
just about lol i know what you mean with the weather, it was only sunny for about 2 hours here n it was the time i was in town shopping where you don't waant it too hot. we're never satisfied. :s

Old 06-20-2007, 03:35 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,130,950 times
Thanks Sweden. You live in a gorgeous area. I would absolutely LOVE to visit!! I am a clean freak though.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:43 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,637,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Thanks Sweden. You live in a gorgeous area. I would absolutely LOVE to visit!! I am a clean freak though.
So am I!!!!!! Please come visit, together we can kick my brothers out of the house!
(Ok, they are sort of already "out of the house" since they spend most of their time in a little house that our father built once)

You don't happen to know any karate, do you?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:14 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,343,370 times
Love all the photos today ... thanks!
Been doing a lot of walking today on top of my usual. Might have found our future home and it's around the corner from a nice gym! I am so excited I could pee myself

Thanks for the well wishes for my pooch. He's getting around, but we're taking it real easy with him. Thanks again.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,033,908 times
great turnout today everyone

I decided to get extra credit on top of my extra credit so I mowed the lawn , it feels like I just mowed it I guess all the rain is making it grow
got more rain this afternoon so my sisiter cancelled meeting for dinner so no birthday cake *sigh*

the sun is out now so hopefull that will dry things enough so that that fungus stuff won't appear on the back lawn.
ate too much dinner make a great chicken and rince thing with cheese hubbu said it was so good I will haveto make it again

It is nice and quiet everyone including hubby is asleep. another exciting evening guess I will go pick up my book

I wil check in later

karla

Old 06-20-2007, 05:34 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,130,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
So am I!!!!!! Please come visit, together we can kick my brothers out of the house!
(Ok, they are sort of already "out of the house" since they spend most of their time in a little house that our father built once)

You don't happen to know any karate, do you?
I feel your pain girl.....I used to have a brother once....lol but it gets better...it does. Once you get married you get to clean up after your husband....lol Oh and then the fun just continues when you have kids...lol
Women: You are assigned to a lifetime of cleaning!
(ofcourse there are exceptions....right Rance )

Old 06-20-2007, 05:41 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,033,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Once you get married you get to clean up after your husband....lol
no kidding After I cleaned up from dinner I announced "the kitchen is clean you make a mess you clean it up"

karla

Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 PM

5,683 posts, read 11,234,293 times
Yesterday was a rest day, could tell that the legs were getting tired. Today was a bike commute to work day. The morning fog was pea soup thick when I left home, couldn't see one block ahead. No complaints from me though, it's nature's air conditioning around here. Soon as the sun pops up for an hour or so, the 60 degree fog burns off and it warms up to about low 80s. Total bike miles today was about 28, time for some dinner. See you tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals