Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,198,140 times

Advertisements

Good morning, all.

Granny Sue just posted on the Other Topics that Karla's internet is down, so I thought I'd start us off today. Can you imagine Karla without the Internet????

I did my 3 mile walk this morning. Was wishing that my golf cart would magically appear about 2/3 of the way thru it. Saw some neat wildlife, tho. As I started across the bridge that goes from one side of a "lake" to another, I heard a splash and looked down just in time to see a handsome turtle swim off. I guess I scared him. Lots of nice birds and, just for Shadow....several feisty squirrels and a couple of bunnies.

So what's up with everyone else? Whatever you do, wherever you go, I hope you enjoy it.

LOL...DH just came into the den to tell me about the frog. We have a big ol' frog out in our garden. Well, we also feed a feral kitty - another beautiful black one, Evey - and he fed him this a.m. Well, a little while later, he could hear the bowl being moved around out on the steps, so he figured the cat came back to lick up the bowl or beg for more food. He looked out, and there's the big ol' frog in the middle of the bowl, eating the cat food scraps! No wonder he's so big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,157,616 times
Morning peeps!!

Happy Birthday Sandy!!!!!

Eeeeewwwwwww!! Frogs are gross. Giant frogs are worse!!

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk this morning. She is now on her way to the vet for another round of tests. Everyone cross your fingers...... I will be able to pick her up sometime this afternoon. Dunno when I will get test results, my vet is one who sees cats/dogs/birds/bunnies all day then sees raccoons/cranes/turtles/possums well into the very late evening.

Another day of waiting........

Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,200,299 times
I'm sure she in on the mend and that her test results will be fine but hugs to you for the day Evey!
Thanks for the Birthday wish, I have the day off but have to stop in and see my favorite GYN doctor for my semi-annual check up Besides that hubby and I have nothing planned but bbq chicken today.
Cassy let me sleep in until 7 am today and that seemed nice, except my living room is a disaster! When she gets a little cranky (ie she wants things on her schedule) she gets on the love seat and tosses the pillows on the floor. It's really quite funny she butts them off with her head. Shakes head, they get real funny in "old age".
Well all have a wonderful day, I'm not going to exercise on my special day.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 AM

Evey, frogs don't bother me, as long as I don't have to touch them.

Well, Sandy, I didn't know it was your b'day today. I know Karla would have called it Tuesday's "Happy Birthday Sandy" thread. She's real good at that sort of thing. Sorry. Happy Birthday anyway. Can I come to your house for dinner? I love BBQ'd chicken. Have fun at the dr. I get to go to my "regular" dr. tomorrow. Don't blame you for not exercising. Enjoy your day.

Best of luck to Shadows. Fingers crossed.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,200,299 times
Not a big deal Pattie, I really quit celebrating quite a few years ago, now I just celebrate every day that I am still here
LOL, When Bob bbq's the chicken everyone comes out and says "what is that marinated in"? lol, just bb sauce (sweet baby rays). Yummy and ice cream cake

Old 06-29-2010, 09:41 AM

Ooooo... ice cream cake! I'm definitely there!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,024,389 times
Happy Birthday Sandy !!!! I love ice cream cake what time should we be there !!!

yay I'm back online hubby spent a few hours but was able to fix the problem
So while I waited I went over to C/D to let my buddy out and adjust the sprinkler heads so they spray on the grass not the air
lol of course I got soaked so borrowed one of his t-shirts
Came home still no internet so went in the back and planted some flower seeds in the watermelon bed since they never did anything

Evey re the black cats we had the same thing with adopting the greyhounds black was the least popular color I can't remember how many times I would say look at the dog not the color

pattie I didn't know frogs ate cat food !!!
We have a frog somewhere in the back I hear him singing

Well I think hubby is taking the day off so I am going to go jump in the shower and we are going to head off somewhere

Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 PM

She's baa-aaaack! Yay! We didn't know frogs ate cat food, either!

Have fun, Karla.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM

I can't pull up email.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,157,616 times
I just posted some new pics of the kittens New Kitten Pics!

Pattie, sometimes I can't get in to one of my e-mail accounts. It is always a problem on their end and it is almost always resolved in a few minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals