U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-03-2010, 04:49 AM

17,574 posts, read 19,665,824 times
Default Friday's "Girls day" exercise thread

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Woo hoo I just realized it is a 3 day weekend !!!

My my down the street (lol no not NN) and I are having girls day today

We are going for breakfast and then wandering around the outdoor town center to see if anyone is having great sales

I just know I the payroll figures will be coming in while I am out so i am going to take a blank check and deposit slip with me and ask her to text me the amount

This afternoon I will be negotiating the mattress battle I am hoping it will go smoothly but my gut is telling me I may need to pull out all the stops

Not sure yet what we are doing for the holiday weekend might have to grill on Monday

What are you all doing this long weekend ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-03-2010, 06:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,660 posts, read 10,149,981 times
No plans. Gee, what a surprise, huh???

We are on our way to Fleamasters in a few minutes. DH found a real bargain on some plastic tie thingies last time and he wants more. OK with me!

Did the hot tub/pool/coffee thing this morning. Gosh, it just feels so good.

OK, Karla, have fun with your friend. Is this the one you got your hair cut with??

Unread 09-03-2010, 07:25 AM

Pattie yup it is

Woo hoo just talked to the mattress guy he said give it a few nights and if I still hate it he will do a "comfort swap"

Unread 09-03-2010, 07:49 AM

5,250 posts, read 4,090,318 times
Wow that is great news Karla. Is it too soft for you?
Last day of work for 3 days and then next week I have to give these guys notice. We still don't have a def. move date so I gotta work on that this weekend, pack and find a place. Karla, my hubby is "over thinking the temp. living" thing so I will take over this weekend and find us something for 3-6 months.
I have lots of work today to do here so I best close and go back on the clock.
Have a great one all.

Unread 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM

8,192 posts, read 17,694,365 times
Sandy, see if there is an Extended Stay near where you are going. They are like small apartments with a kitchen and allow dogs. Not the most upscale place, but they are for stuff like this.

We will be listing sometime in the next 2 weeks, so my weekend will be filled with de-cluttering and paint touch ups. Also trying to figure out the best way for me to move my stuff. PODS does not go to Marion, but U-haul now offers container moving and they do go there. They had a pretty good rate, way cheaper than renting a truck plus a trailer to tow my truck plus fuel. Plus it would be hard to find a rental truck with room for Shadow plus 3 kitty carriers. Ugh! I hate moving.

So, Shadow & I went for a lovely walk this morning. We will hit the beach this afternoon. No way we are going anywhere near the beach over the weekend, too many drunk fools with boats/jet skis.

Unread 09-03-2010, 04:02 PM

4,282 posts, read 6,158,043 times
Can't beat a good mattress! We tried one of those memory foam. Not for me. I love my plush pillow top.

Ok, I must have missed something... are you moving again Evey? If so, I think you'd like Wisconsin. My JRT could get Shadow in so much trouble chasing shrews, chippies, gofers, and fish.

Sandy, you sound very organized. Really happy for you guys!

Two good things happened today. I managed a short walk, and it seems like my hair has stopped falling out. I think the latter was due to stress and meds.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Unread 09-03-2010, 05:06 PM

Both good news, tet. I know stress and meds both can wreak havoc on your hair.

Oh, and I hear those sleep by number beds tend to leak not too long after purchase.

Unread 09-03-2010, 05:23 PM

5,250 posts, read 4,090,318 times
I'm with you Tet, pillow top all the way! Ours has lasted far longer than any other I have bought, sometime within the next few years we need to replace it. Glad your hair is not falling out anylonger, meds to a job on the hair and even changes the texture.........
I don't think there is an extended stay around there Evey, but there is 3-6 month leases and that is what I think we should get......never know there might just be a nice "rent to own" option. Love those cuz you can live there for awhile and move if the house shows problems.
Hubby is beyond reason, he has not gotten a call back from Courier and he is freaking out......shoot he has a written job offer what more does he need? I keep explaining that it is a holiday week/weekend and he HAS to learn patience........what????
Have a great night all.

Unread 09-04-2010, 05:16 AM

morning ladies
the bed we got is a plush top kinda between the pillowtop & plush underneath the top is 4 or 5 inches of memory foam
last night was better so maybe he was right about the getting use to it

Girls day was fun breakfast was great we went to Mimi's Cafe if you "friend" them on facebook and join their eclub you get buy one get one free breakfast lol of course I signed both me & hubby up
So using the coupon breakfast was $7 each including tip

pattie is fleamasters the place you found the glasses strings ?
what other goodies did you find ?

Sandy from another overthinker sometimes it is best to take those things away from us
A shot lease sound like a good option to get to know the area
I had been coming to fla for 10 years visiting my sister so I knew pretty much the area I wanted to live when I moved

Evey the pod moving thing is so much easier I think there is another company called SAM that does the same thing

Was there any more news on the rental across from your friends ?
Will you be up there in time to enjoy the leave change

Sue yay on the walk it looks like you are feeling better each day

Unread 09-04-2010, 06:17 AM

We were told about 10 years ago that it takes almost a month to get used to the memory foam. Maybe the getting used to takes less time now.

Yes, that's where I got the glasses thingies. Do you want me to get you some the next time we go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals