U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2010, 05:23 AM

17,800 posts, read 21,198,720 times
Default Saturday's "Happy Birthday Evey !!!" exercise thread

woo hoo today is your birthday !!

As you say "Birthday calories don't count " !!!

I hope your day is filled with wonderful surprises and cake !!

Do you have any special plans ?

Not sure what today will hold its going to be a toasty 94 but from the 7 day forecast this may be out last mid 90 day for at least a week

I want to miracle grow the front and back gardens
maybe do some weeding Hubby is going to be out in the woodshop

So what is everyone doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,150,362 times
Wow...another 39 Club Member! Have a great day, Evey. Any special plans??

I don't know what we're doing today. DH is out on the front porch having coffee with Bumper at the moment. He said he had a bad night, so I doubt he'll feel like doing much. He found 6 caterpillars out there this morning - one we think belongs to that interesting looking moth and the other 5 are monarchs. That's out front. I don't know if there are any out back yet.

Karla, I took those photos of the tomato grow boxes. Now I just have to get hubby to download them for me.

I have my daily chores almost done, so I think it'll be a quiet day today.

Anybody have any big Labor Day plans?? I remember years ago I used to watch the Jerry Lewis Telethon, but it doesn't appeal to me any more, so that won't be on my agenda. We got a couple of chickens at BJ's yesterday, so maybe we'll rotisserie one today. It's only calling for 30% chance of rain today, 50% every day till Thursday. That's the local guy. I haven't checked the weather channel yet.

Have a good day, all. Hugs.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:40 AM

8,192 posts, read 19,330,269 times
Morning peeps!

Thank you ladies! Actually, today is the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday. Of course, my father thought it was yesterday. How sad is it when your parents don't know what day your birthday is? *shakes head*

In a little while we are headed to the flea market to pick up my present, an electronic cigarette. I have been trying to quit without results. I tested one of these last weekend and my "light up every 20 minutes" self did not even think about a cigarette for 4.5 hours. I like that I can control the nicotine level, so hopefully I will be able to wean myself off.

Later we are going to my favorite hole in the wall Mexican restaurant for dinner.

Shadow & I have been out exercising the neighborhood squirrels this morning.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:43 AM

5,401 posts, read 4,576,091 times
Morning all!
My plans include packing and bringing over stuff from the storage unit so I can have everything in the right box. Hubby just throws everything in a box and calls it good. I have to know which containers go to which rooms. Besides that I plan on floating in the pool this afternoon, probably finish my book too.
We have some steak to grill for dinner and I have some lovely lettuce for salad, baked potatoes and I am good to go.
I have my windows open girls! It was in the low 60's last night and it feels so good to step out there I could not resist. I believe it will only be in the 80's today so we will see how long this lasts.
Karla, hubby is a mess and yes, I do need to only leave him with the truck rental.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 AM

5,401 posts, read 4,576,091 times
Oh yes, happy birthday Evey! I know I told you on fb but can't forget here

Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 AM

12,593 posts, read 7,958,826 times
Happy Birthday Evey! Great idea, those e-cigarettes are supposed to be a lot safer. Maybe you can wean yourself into quitting altogether. I don't know about the laws in Florida or Indiana, but here you can't smoke inside anywhere and I think some places you have to stay a certain distance away from entrances (which makes sense. I try telling dh if he sits ousided the patio with his friends smoking, or stands outside the front door smoking and the screen is in, well, duh). I am SO glad I quit.

Thank you all for your help on facebook! From the looks of it right now, they came in FIRST!!! So, the good guys DID win, no fancy prizes, no cheating, ha!

I don't know if I'm gonna get a chance to work out or not. DH went out to check the boat again. It's a crappy day, weather-wise, but there's always inside stuff, I mean $tuff, to do

Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,150,362 times
Congrats, fuzzy!

Good luck with quitting, Evey. It ain't easy, I know.

hm... I had something to tell you ladies, but I can't remember what it was. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was quite witty and intelligent! ;p

Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 AM

7,088 posts, read 11,739,570 times
Hi everyone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVEY !!!! Are you talking about the American Bluetip cigs? I've seen them advertised on tv. Let me know how they do for you as I'm trying to get Charlie to try them. Good luck on quitting.

Haven't posted for a couple of days but I read yesterdays thread. We have 2 ladies moving soon and both to Indiana???? or did I misunderstand?

Nothing going on today. I bought a yoga dvd to help with my balance and did some of it yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals