Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

I can't believe it is Friday already !!

This morning is check writing day I am still waiting for the fax with payroll numbers I hope they show up early so I don't have to go to the bank at lunch

I am also planning a session with the treadmill and maybe even the free weights since I still have aggravation to get rid of from yesterdays dramas lol

I will also be deciding today on the replacement mattress I want to make sure if the other place picks up the sucky one that we arent stuck mattress-less "you know who" would not be pleased and might send me to auction

So what is everyone "getting into" today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
After reading your final post yesterday Karla, I'm not surprised your week went by fast! Hope you get the mattress problem sorted.

Thinking I might head out for a short walk in a few. The weather is wonderfully cool at the moment.

I'm going to finish chores today. I tried working on some of my artwork yesterday, but I get the shakes after a short while... you want to see me trying to put make up on!! Needless to say, I haven't wore the stuff in a long while. Rather go naked than look like a freaked out Cruella De Vil.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and be careful with that knee Karla.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:31 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Morning all!
At work, donuts.......hot and glazed with coffee ahhhhh what a life! lol, actually my week has flown by to but for different reasons. We are trying to work out getting two cars up north and a moving van, PODS does not go to the area we are moving so we are putting our thinking caps on. Hubby does not want to spend the 200+ dollars to fly back one way so..........
Karla, glad to hear you purchased the mattress with cc that will dispute the charge, Beth here had a horrible time with the same type of return, at least all of us is learning from this.
Well I am on company time and gotta get to work, donut is gone and need another shot of coffee.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Sandy, can I have one of those donuts, please???

TEt, I can just see Cruella with her cig. holder. Too funny.

Karla, karla, karla..... My oh my. I just don't know what to say about your mattress issue. Hey, maybe you should sleep on it! Sorry....couldn't resist.

Did the pool thing this a.m., trying to get some housework done. I'm missing a pad for my floor cleaner. I have a blue one for dust mopping and a white one to use with the cleaning solution. I must have put them on top of the washer and they must have danced off. DH dug behind the W/D and found the cleaning one, but the blue one has disappeared. Oh, well.

So I have to run and do that, then shower and head off to the PO. DH printed a mess of photos to send his parents to give them something nice after they've moved into the asstd. living place.

OK, catch y'all later.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:30 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

Sandy, U-Haul now offers container shipping. It is called UBox. That is what I am going to use, since they do go up there. Check out the U-Haul website. Their containers are smaller, but even after you compensate for that it is still less expensive than PODS or renting a truck plus a car dolly.

Shadow & I went for a quick walk this morning. Someone down the street is hiding a sheep or a goat behind their privacy fence. You can't see it but you can hear it. Shadow was going crazy! *sighs* Guess it is time for me to call code enforcement, again........

Old 09-10-2010, 12:17 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Just checking in to say hi. Not much going on but I did get some stuff done around the house.
CT scan results yesterday are showing something in one of the lymph nodes. Doc is pretty positive it is not cancerous but some kind of inflamation. I've got an appt. to get pet scan late Mon. afternoon so we'll see what that shows. Thinking of putting our house for sale and moving closer to a town/city. I'm getting too stir crazy here.

Since you all have animals, do you have a good vacuum to get up the hair? We're looking into buying a new vacuum and there's about 5 pet vacuums. Wondering if you alll have any recomendations.

Karla, hope you find the mattress you want soon. Evey, how's your elec. cigs coming along?

Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Cheryl I have a Vax that kills the pet hair. I love it. My BFF has a Dyson that makes mine look weak.

With the e-cig I have gone from 1.5 packs a day to 3 cigarettes a day. My sticking point seems to be right after I eat.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM

Cheryl, best of luck with the cat scan.

Our vac has a pet hair attachment. OMG, it's wonderful. It picks up every single strand of cat hair on whatever we're vacuuming. Ours is a Kenmore Progressive canister. I hate the canister part, but that pet attachment almost makes up for it.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Way to go, Evey. My weak moments were when I had my first cup of coffee, when I was having a drink and after meals. Hang in there.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
And Evey, when you're back up north and you have to go outside to smoke, that after meal cigarette will seem a lot less appealing! That sounds like you're doing so well, you are probably starting to feel a little better too aren't you? If not, you will!

Well, my darling husband came home last night and informed me that he is taking a week's vacation next week. Great joy of joys, I can hardly contain myself. Then, he came home about an hour early today, which is NOT good. I was getting ready to work out, which, of course, I am doing all day long, since I procrastinate so much, but still...thank heavens there was laundry in the dryer!

He just left to 'go to the bank' so, I should have a few hours to myself now.

Karla, I kinda like that idea about a dinner, but just a thanks would be fine. oh, and Billy's doing fine, having some car issues and debating about getting a new(er) one. I've been telling him he should get a Buick Lacrosse. They are SO sweet! Luxury, power, sleek, sophisticated, he says Buicks are old people cars. I said, no only older people can afford them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals