Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:14 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times

Advertisements

NMS - You know, most of the folks from the area feel the same way you do. I remember all my co-workers saying they don't like the fall season either. I was almost always in a good mood then which is kind of weird now that I think about it because the color change on the leaves symbolizes its death! All my coworkers were always excited about the spring, too!

Okay, I only did 2.4 miles today. 35 min on the treadmill felt like forever for some reason! I think it's because the heel of my foot and my shin have been kind of bothering me lately. It doesn't bother me when I'm on the treadmill - only after so I guess I was anticipating the pain and had trouble getting through the jog! Tomorrow I think I'm taking it easy and doing the elliptical. My body is probably telling me to take it easy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
WHen I tell people I hate the fall, they look at me like I have two heads! I do, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it!

I used to have the shin problem, too. My doctor had me stand arm length away from the wall, put one leg behind me, then bend the front leg, leaning into the wall. Hold this for about 10 seconds, then switch. It helped me. Do it before you walk, about halfway thru, and after. Let me know if it works.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:22 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
I'm here, I'm here...don't forget me!! I forgot to check in. Did a 1.5 mile trek during lunch. No elliptical today, but got that good walk in before the rain hit!! Brown rice, tofu and veggies for lunch...it was actually quite good!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:14 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I'm here, I'm here...don't forget me!! I forgot to check in. Did a 1.5 mile trek during lunch. No elliptical today, but got that good walk in before the rain hit!! Brown rice, tofu and veggies for lunch...it was actually quite good!
HOOOOOO. That lunch sound yucky yuk!

What's all this health food stuff now? Bored??

Old 07-02-2007, 06:28 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Rain? I am wishing for rain here,we have 90+degree out here in the valley.
Brown rice,tofu and veggie, add pumpkin seeds,that will taste even better!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:41 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
WHen I tell people I hate the fall, they look at me like I have two heads! I do, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it!
Okay, I thought about deleting this absolutely horrible post attacking fall. Then I thought you should get some neg rep points because it's, well just so Un-something-or-other to "hate" fall. Then I said to myself, I really like NMS and if she has this one fault (it is only one right?) then maybe she's not so bad after all (you are a she right?). But I do think you need to wash your mouth out with tofu for saying the "hate" word. We were not allowed to say it as kids. Go wash your mouth out now young lady (or is it mature lady?) LOL.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:08 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,292 times
Default I'm the nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Good Morning all!

"O beautiful for spacious skies, .....For amber waves of grain,..... For purple mountain majesties.....Above the fruited plain!.....America! America......God shed his grace on thee.........And crown thy good with brotherhood.....From sea to shining sea! "

Have a super duper day everyone!!
This has to be the ONLY song that I can sing (quite well) at the top of my lungs whilst driving in my SUV. I am the nut driving next to you singing America Ammerica Gawddd Sheed his Grace on Theeeeeeeeee !!!! I even add an Operatic Flair to it

I give myself goose bumps when I sing this song

Old 07-02-2007, 08:46 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,358,171 times
Back on the bike today for another car free commute week. Pedaled 14 miles to work this morning, 16 miles on the trip home. The second half of 2007 is here, time flies when you're having fun! Today was a semi-fun day, low stress work day and the bike ride home was pretty good too. I didn't leave the office till about 5:30, by then it had cooled off down to the mid-80s.
Another hot one tomorrow, keep cool out there.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:49 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,775 times
More with moving things around here, got the garage cleaned out, and running up and down steps, I think I will like it so much better at the apartment, no more steps, and I can walk on the trail instead. Count me in for another day. Yorkie

Old 07-03-2007, 03:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
" Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Brown rice, tofu and veggies for lunch...it was actually quite good!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
HOOOOOO. That lunch sound yucky yuk!
soory hoos love ya but I am with vp on this "yucky yuk"

Veggies and tofu ? at the same time!!! I can't understand well maybe thats because I don't eat veggies and have never been near tofu

Great turn out yesterday everyone. !!!!!!!!

Got all my to do list done yay me lol
ok let me go start todays thread

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals