Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,033,908 times

Advertisements

It is 7:00 and I just got up ! let the dogs out, poured my glass of diet pepsi and here I am
See what happens when you stay up till almost 1 am. lol maybe it should be caffene diet pepsi

No walk this morning because I knew I was going to sleep late.
But I have lots to do today so fear not something will get worked out
Quite the interesting experience getting the new appliances yesterday, first thing is how does all that yucky stuff get under and behind the stove and fridge? omg I wanted to die when the tech pulled them out. He said "everyones looks like that"
So he goes to disconnect the water line to the fridge and the next thing you know I have a very wet tech not to mention wet under the fridge yuck. He said the valve wouldn't turn off. So hubby and I try to figure out where the water main to the house is. lol talk about the blind leading the blind. So we go get the neighbor.
Whew thank god he knew. So installation went as planned. The old fridge,stove and micro are in the garage waiting for me to clean them for the new owners. and a pile of new appliance manuals are waiting for me to read.
We got the french door fridge so I will be moving things around and refilling the freezer, how much fun does that sound
Then it is off to mow the lawn.

Who will be the first today

karla

Last edited by FLPL75; 07-06-2007 at 05:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 05:21 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,250,517 times
OK, now me... I was up MUCH EARLIER Karla, but I hate to keep stealing your thread...lol

100 crunches, then off to the park for my walk. 4 miles, to include a nature hike I always see the runners use, yep, I cleaned out the spider webs for them..,I am such a good girl. I also implemented some up and down hill today, and some upper body with the walk.

I feel good.... I was sweating... whew! Think I am gonna get some weights this weekend to include, and maybe some other stuff, who knows. Sometimes I am up in the middle of the night, and what else to do but exercise?

Hope everyone has a great day and those hills were for Sweden

Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,204,584 times
Good morning, ladies (and gentlemen who will be visiting later).

Walked hubby for 35 minutes, then did 30 min. of weights at the gym. Man, I'll miss that place!

Karla, I'm jealous. I just love getting new appliances! New toys! Our house that we sold has much nicer appliances than the one in FL, but we're leaving them here (Gawd, I'd hate to see our moving bill if we took them!). I'll definitely miss having the water/ice in the refrigerator door, the two ovens and my over the oven microwave. Oh, and don't forget the quiet dishwasher. ***sobbing***

It's ok; I'll get over it.

Have a great day, all.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,166,083 times
Morning all!

I also love new appliances. The house we just sold had all new, and we are staying here with the folks who have, ahem, older and less nice (did I say that?) stuff.

20 minute dog walk done and walked 4 blocks to look at a house. Whew! It is Africa hot here.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:17 AM

72,334 posts, read 18,159,670 times
Oh! congrats Karla!...it's always exciting getting new appliances.
I am early today,feeling much better,after feeling out of sorts
My monrning M.W.F. walking class instructor is having a welcoming home party for her son who just came back from Irag.... She suffered greatly emotionally for a year. We constantly saw pictures of her son.She and her husband had sleepless nights so she didn't come that often. I'll let you guys know about the party later..

Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 AM

4,271 posts, read 15,222,212 times
I LOVE new appliances, too! Well, I like new everything that has a plug to it. We've been married 3 years and I've gone through 2 toasters already. Wack-o. And two computers!

Anyway, I have an announcement to make. It's my birthday today and I'm totally bummed. I've been in a funk for the past 2 months because today I'll be celebrating my last 20-something birthday. Yes, I'm turning 29. I keep telling DH that we'll be celebrating my 25th birthday. I don't know why it's so depressing for me but I totally don't want to do anything celebratory.

DH thinks I'm wack-o. He's like, "If this is how depressing you're going to be turning 29, how the h ell are you going to act next year?!" I think I'll probably crawl into a hole and sleep all day!

I know I should get over it but this is very traumatic for me. My 20s just felt like I was on a standstill, like someone pressed pause on the dvd and fast forwarded a few chapters. sniff sniff

Okay, workout, hmm, I'll probably do treadmill today. Going to the gym lately has been kicking my butt!

Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,078,693 times
Good morning everyone!!

Went on a nice and muggy walk this morning with grouchy pants and little sweet Chloe.

Everyone try and stay cool and drink lots of fluids. I hear the weather is crazy all over the U.S. We are flooding here Texas and I heard that in the far west, they are having a severe drought and temps well over 100. Stay safe.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:25 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,637,399 times
Default Exercise? Hein? ;)

Congrats to the new appliances Karla! I hope the new refrigirator is bigger than the one before.
(My mother just bought another, and it's about 2/3 the size of the one we had before. Not much can fit in there)

Thanks Robyn Now, maybe you want to come and clear my way from all the spider webs? There's a route in the forest that I haven't walked since my neighbours lost their dog...No one walks before me...

Roma...Tell you hubby that I COMPLETELY understand you! There is nothing worse than a birthday. For me, atleast. I am absolutely SURE that age just makes you more beautiful than you already are!

Ok, maybe no rain today (what a shock! But, they say it will get worse again for the weekend. Uhm, excuse me: when did it get less than bad???) but still no walk. I'm getting lazy. Not good.

So: yoga (of a book, it's power yoga zorst) or a workout à la push ups and other exhausting activities I can do in my room?
(please say take a rest, oh please say rest!)

Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 AM

179 posts, read 782,775 times
Good morning all! Just finished my 3 miles in a little less than an hour on the treadmill. It must be really yucky outside because it's not so nice in the basement today.

Karla - don't forget to fill in those appliance registration cards. Just in case there's ever a safety notice, they will be able to track you down. Hopefully, you paid with a credit card that offers extra protection - like doubling the manufacturers warranty.

Dragonten - Good news for your instructor. My nephew's friend is in the Marines and is back on leave right now. He's a good kid and it would be horrible should anything happen to him. Keep us posted on the party.

NMS & Evey- I don't think I could last very long with a loud dishwasher. I suffered with the builder grade one for too many years and finally, DH agreed to upgrade.

Cinderobyn - We just travelled through your area on the way back from NC. Nice area, it's built up some since I was last there. Sounds like you're an exercise maniac - i mean that in a nice way of course. I wish I had your enthusiasm. maybe one day, but not today because it's FRIDAY!

Oops - all typing at the same time.

Happy Birthday to you FOMA! It will be fine. At least I hope so. I am 8, actually 44, but I tend to add the 4's together. I am actually sort of dreading 45 - getting closer to the big 50! But there are different 50's and right now, I am doing my best to get in shape to be the best 50 I can be.

Roma - Good luck with the floods. I grew up on the Jersey shore and can relate to the flooding, lack of drinking water, no toilet flushing and no power.

Sweden - Howdy from NJ. Have fun doing indoor exercises.

Enjoy the day! I'm off to meet my sister for lunch.

Last edited by jersey2nm; 07-06-2007 at 09:38 AM..

Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,491,671 times
foma
In a few weeks I will be 'celebrating' the last year of my 40s, so I don't want to even hear it!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Have some fun!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals