Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I just went outside and it is nice and cool !!!
It is around 63 degrees and the humidity is only 62%
They say the high will only be 77 what a nice change from yesterdays 91

I am going to try something today I was thinking why can't I use the spin DVD for the treadmill

The DVD I tried yesterday will work well for this "test"
When they get to the "sprint" part I can jog and when they are on a "climb" I can raise the incline and walk
The other 2 spin DVDs have you going up and down on the seat so don't think they will work on the treadmill lol I would probably fall off
This may work !! I do a lot better when I have a DVD to follow instead of doing it on my own

I have to go to the bank this morning to deposit invoices and want to pick up a couple more bags of mulch afterwards
So my experiment will be when I get home so I can mulch once I am already sweaty from the "spinning-tread"

What is on your list for the last Friday in October ?

Where oh where did this month go I just realized Thanksgiving is less than a month away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,724 times
ooo I can't wait for Thanksgiving! Let's see I want to do at least 50 pushups today 600 jumping jacks 500 crunches 100 squats and maybe some weights for upper body

Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Oh goodness we already have the turkey's in the grocery stores here, and on sale too!
I bought a huge bag of candy yesterday just in case we get the local kids trick or treating, we have enough here that I am expecting some. If not well I guess I have enough candy to keep the kids and g-kids happy for awhile, me too!
I've been up since 5 and applied for 2 jobs online already. I'm also going to find a list of local attorney's and just cold apply directly to their office, ya never know!
I've got fed-ex coming this morning, have to run to the post office and that will be the extent to my day. Got some cube steaks thawing and will make swiss steak for dinner, funny how certain foods are fall/winter foods and grilling foods for spring/summer. Something about swiss steak just makes me feel warm and cozy.
I pulled out my Denise Austin CD yesterday and made it through 15 minutes, she works the cardio and I guess at my age that should be what I am working. We will see if I can make it just a few minutes longer. Once I tackle her, I can go onto the exercise channel, just need to work myself up. I eagerly await the day that I am excited to exercise, lol that is not going to happen.
Well all I will log back on later to see what is happening. Have a good day!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 AM

Sandy when I was at the mall yesterday with my friend I saw Christmas sweaters on the racks. lol it was weird seeing sweaters when it was 91 degrees Yeah I bet they were flying off the rack
We also stopped in the Hallmark store and omg lol they had 2 of the cutest things that I had to buy
The snowman band
Wireless Snowman Band Special Offer | Hallmark Gold Crown

They are wireless so when you push the button on one they all play rofl I had 3 shelves of them going at the same time

the other thing had me laughing so hard I just had to have one
It is called "Jolly in the john" snowman
It has a motion sensor so when someone walks into the bathroom it talks
Jolly in the John Snowman Special Offer | Hallmark Gold Crown

It says things like "whatca doing" , If you need any presents wrapped I have plenty of tissue in here" lol hang on I have to go get it for the other sayings
ok so then it says "pull up a seat and make yourself comfy"
and lol it sings
"Ho Ho Ho who's gotta go
Ho Ho Ho whos gotta go
Here in the bathroom,don't mind me
I'm here to keep you com-pa-ny"

There is no way I can wait till Christmas to put it in the bathroom
It is going in now

I bought a turkey breast yesterday I had them cut it in half for me. Since I like my turkey cooked really really well done I am the only one here who will eat it so 1/2 will be good for sandwiches for a few days.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:52 AM

People always tell me that the fresh turkey's are the way to go but goodness I have always used the frozen guy who has the timer. Anyone ever try fresh turkey? How fresh can it be if it is in the grocery store?
Karla, I love your snow guys! Lol, years ago I would have bought that but now, well lets just say I have more than enough decorations any more and I would look like "The Griswold Family Christmas"!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:06 AM

rofl my sides hurt from laughing
You all have to get the jolly in the john snowman
Here I am sitting minding my own business when I hear from across the house "OK WTH"

lol hubby went into the bathroom and the snowman started talking to him and he jumped

So of course I had to make it say the other things

oh why do I have a feeling I am going to go buy more of these
My sister needs one !!!!

Sandy I don't think we have ever had a "fresh" turkey I am with you on how fresh can it be on Thanksgiving if they are selling them now

If you bought one now you would have to freeze it and there goes the "fresh"

Old 10-29-2010, 06:15 AM

Stop Karla, you are making me want to go out and buy one of those! Just to see Bob's face when it began talking to him = priceless!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I saw that snowman advertised. Karla, I have to come to your place to check him out!

GOsh, you two have been chatty already this a.m.

Sandy, that's all I ever buy is fresh turkeys, but I wait until T'giving week before I buy mine. DH had never had one till I came along and we never buy frozen now. It just takes so darned long to thaw the darned things. Most people say they can't tell the difference, but we find them more flavorful and juicy. Just our opinion.

Still humid here, Karla, but the "cold front" is supposed to come thru this afternoon.

Anybody have any Halloween plans this weekend???

Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I saw that snowman advertised. Karla, I have to come to your place to check him out!

GOsh, you two have been chatty already this a.m.

Sandy, that's all I ever buy is fresh turkeys, but I wait until T'giving week before I buy mine. DH had never had one till I came along and we never buy frozen now. It just takes so darned long to thaw the darned things. Most people say they can't tell the difference, but we find them more flavorful and juicy. Just our opinion.

Still humid here, Karla, but the "cold front" is supposed to come thru this afternoon.

Anybody have any Halloween plans this weekend???
Come on up Pattie !! lol and while your here want a job

I have to chuckle over the "juicy" on the turkey poor hubby he never experiences juicy poultry I cook the you know what out of mine so I guess I shouldn't look for one of these

No plans here at all Sunday night we will be sitting out front with our adult beverages handing out candy

Such exciting lives we lead lol can you stand it !!!

ok checks written off to hell um I mean the bank

Old 10-29-2010, 07:12 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Today is going to be a good one. Going for lunch with my friend, then we follow wherever the road takes us from there. It's become a regular Friday thing. We talk about everything and nothing!

I had a fun moment this morning. Hubby was in the bathroom going tinkle... with the light off (I taught him to sit ). Well I didn't know he was in there. Had a scoop of food for the dog's breakfast, turned the light on and jumped out of my skin. Dog food went flying all over the place. I tell you. Who besides my nut job of a hubby goes to the bathroom in the dark?

Halloween will find me sitting out front wrapped up in a blanket with my dog handing out the candy. My son will be hair raising around the neighborood with his buddies trick or treating.

I'm looking forward to the Holidays this year more than usual. We're having Thanksgiving at our friends house again. She always does such a good job at making people feel welcome in her home.

Anyone bought Christmas presents yet? I've already started!

Sandy, keeping my fingers crossed for you regarding the job hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals