Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies
Yesterday I started feeling a little yucky,by last night I knew something was brewing so I started right away with the musinex and lots of juice
this morning it feels as if it is deciding whether it wants to go to my head or chest
I do not have time for this I am going to get some more saline and do the homemade neti pot thingy

The outside thermometer is saying 28 but the weather .com says it is suppose to be 33. We have no wind so we are going to see lots of frost which will turn most of the green we had left to brown

School this morning then mailing my cards then picking up the car and then that will be it for me today I need to shake the crud !!

What is everyone up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 04:56 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
You gotta rest Karla in order to shake that thing! What is it, zinc, that is supposed to shorten the cold if you take it right away? My sil swears by it.
I have a new doctor appointment today, so off I go to the unknown area of Fort Wayne, I've been in the NW area but never by this huge hospital! Oh well! I am going to ask him to refer me to a primary care doctor in the practice also, so that way I can have all bases covered.
Nothing else on my list to do today. I should make some candy and get that out of the way, should but may not!
I sent out some of you a petition on FB about a pitt mix in danger of being put down (sad story), anyway I had a friend from NC respond to my message and I guess he must have sent it to everyone I sent the petition to. Sorry about that...........I did not even look at the message to box when I responded. Anyway thanks Cheryl for pointing that out to me!
Well all have a great day, more snow in our future.........

Old 12-15-2010, 05:01 AM

Sandy I am also taking airborne I think it has extra zinc
I have a feeling with all the craziness the past couple weeks I might have gotten a little run down So come Friday I should have everything done and can relax

When I get home I will look at the petition and sign it gotta fight for the puppies !

Old 12-15-2010, 05:16 AM

I think you are right, Airborne is the zinc one! Just slow down so you can help the fur babies enjoy their presents under the tree on Christmas Day!
About the petition, thanks if you find it in your heart to sign it, what happened to this dog should never happen to any dog that has a responsible family (and Lennox does). I can see this slowly happening in the States also, time to nip it in the bud and concentrate on the bad dog owners!
Enough, I can rant...........Feel better Karla.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Hi, all. Safe to come out now - my rant is over. It just really ticked me off that ON didn't even have the courtesy to call and say she wasn't able to help.

Water under the bridge. She'll get hers, right?

Sorry the creepin' crud hit you, Karla. I swore by the zinc stuff, too (I used to use Cold Eeze) but it started attacking my stomach, so I had to decide if I wanted to feel cruddy or feel like throwing up feeling a little less cruddy. So I quit taking the zinc. Oh, well.

My plan is to crochet today. I want to get that package off and my mom's gifts too tomorrow. JCP.com says my blanket shipped on the 12th, so I'm hoping it'll arrive today and I can meet my goal of shipping tomorrow.

We'll see how far I get on that. SN said yesterday she has a dental appt. today, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her name on my caller ID. She likes to do things last minute. Poor soul. She has pancreatic cancer and has lost 32 lbs. in one month. She lost so much weight that her false teeth don't fit anymore and they fall down, which makes understanding her very difficult. She thinks that if she gets her teeth fixed she'll be able to eat more and regain her weight and feel better. Ain't gonna happen, I'm afraid. Nothing she eats tastes good to her and she gets pain in her stomach. It's the cancer, not her teeth. God bless her.

Anyhow...now that I've cheer y'all up.....

You must hate seeing my posts lately. Nothing but rants and sickness. I'm sorry. I'll be more upbeat from here on out.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Love ya all.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:02 AM

Awwww Pattie, we all rant, that is why Karla and all of us call it the exercise family! Heck if I can rant about insurance and copy rights than you can talk about your neighbor!
On a personal note, I hate seeing someone go downhill that quickly......My BIL had Pancreatic Cancer and it was about 3 months from diagnosis to his death.......they just don't find that one very easily.
I'm glad she has a caring neighbor such as yourself and your husband to help out. Hopefully we all have such caring neighbors.......

Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 AM

thats what 'family is for" we can rant and get sick and share and we still "love" each other
omg the weirdest thing just happened every smoke detector in our house just went off it is a good thing the same thing happened to my friend down the street yesterday morning I told her to ask the local fire dept if they have heard of this and they said dust buildup and old age (they only last 8 to10 years) I am going to have hubby go around with the canned air to "dust them" the dogs finally stopped shaking

Old 12-15-2010, 06:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Those detectors scare the heck out of animals, don't they?

DH's dr's office just called. He's scheduled for a nuclear stress test on Tuesday and follow-up w/the dr. on Wed. So, in a week, we should know what we're dealing with.

Thanks for understanding.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Chin up Pattie, we're in your corner. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. It sounds awful what the poor soul is going through. Hope the tests on your hubby give you guys some good news!

Hope you feel better soon Karla. You need plenty of fluids and plenty of rest to get shut of that crud.

Well, it's -17 (-30 windchill) so I'll be doing my improvised stair climbing again. I managed 20 ups and downs yesterday and my lungs were screaming! In a sick way it felt good!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 AM

-17 !! -30 w/c
omg
I am pretty sure the cows are not real happy where they reside !!!

p.s the kids were beyond wild today off to pick up the 4runner
back to chat more later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals