Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Yikes it is freezing here in NEFL
Right now it is 31 with a WC of 22 It is suppose to drop to 29 in the next hour or so

Today is run around day so lol I will have the heated seats on high

Hubby is helping a friend install some speakers in his SUV lol ya think they could of picked a warmer day

Part of me wants to start taking down some of the Christmas stuff but we have company coming end of the week so I guess it will all stay

I might squeeze in some treadmill later today lol it will be a good way to warm up after being outside all day

So what is everyone planning to do today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 05:07 AM

lol I just took the Infrared Temperature Gun that Hubby got me for Christmas outside !! The grass is 24 degrees so of course I then had to check other things
I have ot head over to my friends to feed her cat in a bit I am going to see how cold the car seats and the hood of the car are

Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Karla....all we need to do to keep you occupied is to hand you a gadget. I swear, girlfriend!

Our computer says it's 39, but the thermometer on the house says 43. It might be getting some heat from inside - this place isn't well insulated.

Don't think I told you, but hubster's Christmas theme this year was Keep Pattie Warm. Among other things, he got me a flannel nightie, suede/lambswool slippers, fleece socks, 2 pairs of long pants (I'm so sick of wearing jeans!), and those hand and toe warmers, all from LL Bean. Say, Karla...did those warmers work on your plants???

Want to go out and do some shopping today. I'm sure the crowds have calmed down a bit. DH also has a dr's appt. to find out about his sonogram. Oh, and we have to drop a box off at the UPS store to return a couple of things to LL Bean. I looked online and both things tend to run small, so I don't feel so bad I had to order up!

Gotta run to OOH, say hello. I'll be back later, let you know how shopping went.

Hugs, everybody.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:26 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
OMG Karla and your toys!!!
Good morning! The ground is snowcovered and it is blue skies in NW MI! Going to be a beautiful day to hang out with oldest two g-daughters (we might just have to stroll up into downtown Rockford so I can see the newest stores and get some good coffee). Once Tricia comes home from work I am heading to Kims and leave for IN tomorrow morning. Bob and Cassy are fairing well and I'm excited to get back home.
Nothing more planned today, just a hang out and get some of my clothes washed.
What all do you have planned for the new year? My MK lady in Auburn is giving me a "facial' on Friday, lol have to get Bob to take me out while my skin looks beautiful!

Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 AM

lol ladies on my new gadget though let me tell you it sure is fun
I think the real purpose is to check the temp on your pans for correct cooking temps
lol I think it is more fun to see how cold the dirt in the pots outside are
lol I should of taken it over to CD to see how cold the pool water is

I think the hand warmers flunked when it came to the plants probably not enough moving air

Oh and buying you all those warm clothes will pretty much guarantee we get warmer weather

Sandy was the bouncy house a hit !!!
oh I am mailing out the bottle today I didn't want it arriving while you were gone lol didn't want Bob wondering ok why are these strange pills arriving

Old 12-27-2010, 06:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Um, Karla...if the top of the pool is hard, that's called ice and it's quite cold.

Sandy...For me, MK means Magic Kingdom. What's it mean for you???

No New Year's plans. I hate going out on NYEve. Amateur boozers. Ick. We usually stay home and have a prime rib dinner, either NYEve or Day, depending on our mood, and crack open a bottle of M&R Asti Spumante. I know - big yawn, but that's ok.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 AM

rofl pattie I actually did check the temp of the ice in my BFC 27

good thing the pool is saltwater or there might of been some ice on top

Old 12-27-2010, 07:11 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times
an hour of shoveling snow...were officially at 18"

Old 12-27-2010, 07:22 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
lol ladies! Karla does it tell the temperature of a person?
Pattie, MK is Mary Kay, I am a new customer and she wants to reel me in and sell me lots, but I just wear the foundation and powder, not all the other stuff...........so she will not have a successful "sell" at my facial.
Okay on the pills Karla, Bob probably has not touched the mail box since I left anyway! And you are right, he would be thinking "what has she done now"?.
We are like you and hubby Pattie, we usually don't even see the ball drop........that was for the younger days but I do like getting an early dinner out (one of the few times I go out to eat).

Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
So yesterday didn't work out as planned. Hubster had itchy feet, so we went shopping. Not my favorite thing in the world to do if it doesn't involve plants! I was pleasantly surprised though. The stores weren't packed like I thought they would be. Spent my Christmas $$ on myself this year and nailed a bargain at the GAP... $70 jeans for $24! Am I a happy camper.

Karla, those heat camera gadgets are great for finding cold air leaks in your home!!

Glad to hear everyone survived Christmas... now onto New year! I hardly ever manage to stay awake to see anything drop! Hubby normally wakes me up, then I go to bed. This year the Badgers are playing in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day, so we'll be watching that.

Will be heading out for a walk soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals