Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

I have absolutely nothing that I have to do !!

My friends are back so I don't have to run over to feed the cat
Everyone has received their Christmas presents so I don't have anymore shopping to do

I am not sure I know how to have a day off

lol I may just veg all day what a novel concept !!!

I am with pattie on restarting my exercise on the 3rd

So what are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
I wish 'nothing' was scheduled on my calendar!!! Enjoy, Karla.

We've got some odd weather moving in tonight, so I am heading to the grocery store early. We're warming up with rain tonight (in the 30s), then drastically cooling down with snow. That means very slippery roads. We're definitely staying in for New Years now. Not risking driving especially when you get the drunken idiots behind the wheel who think they can drive on ice!

Other than shopping, laundry, dusting, vaccuming, bathroom scrubbing, school project helper, I'll be out walking later on. I did the big loop yesterday despite the wind... and I'm still kicking!

Got all my Christmas decorations down from upstairs and moved into the family room. Will be taking the tree down on Sunday, so I can then pack everything away.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk this morning. We are getting ready to go visit the cookie ladies, then to the barn to hunt mousies and ride.

We also have some odd weather coming and I am hoping to make a big dent in the unloading before it hits. We are supposed to get ice/snow/sleet overnight then it is supposed to warm up and rain. We are supposed to hit 50 on Friday! I better look for my shorts.

So, last night I decided that I had not had enough drama in my day. When I returned Shadow's new bed to the store (much to scary to lay on) I spotted the fire logs. Hmmmm, that sounds nice. I get home and give the fireplace the cigarette test, sit on the floor in front of the fireplace, light a cigarette, and see where the smoke goes. Up the chimney goes the smoke. Yay! So I light the fire log. 20 minutes later I pick my nose up out of the book and the house is full of smoke. Hmmmm. There is not a pair of tongs with the fireplace tools. Haven't found the fire extinguisher yet. O.K., I better pour some water on this thing. OMG!

When you pour water on a burning fire log it produces an unholy amount of smoke! So now I am opening windows in the 17 degree weather. *sighs* I guess the landlady needs to get a chimney sweep out here.....

This morning everything in the house reeks of smoke. Not even nice wood smoke, but the nasty diesel smoke from the fire log.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Well, I have much-neglected housework to do today. For once, we have no appointments or plans.

Evey, did you open the flu??? Best of luck with the unloading.

Tet, that's one reason we don't go out on NY's Eve.

Gotta go say a quick hi to OOH and then back to work.....

Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post

Evey, did you open the flu??? Best of luck with the unloading.
There is not a damper on this fireplace. Very common in these turn of the century homes. I guess they had not been invented yet.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
That's strange. Never knew that. The heat must run right up the chimney, even tho the smoke doesn't.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Morning all! I think I picked up a little cold bug in MI so I am just getting up. Well not really I got up when Bob left for work, had a cup of coffee and wham the head was pounding and nose stuffed up. I think I am going to run the vaporizer today and see if I can knock out what ever is beginning.
I have phone calls to make today and I am going to clean, do laundry and take down most of the Christmas decorations. I also have medical record releases to send out to my new doctors, I think I am just going to fax them, that way the records should be there in a couple of weeks.
Evey, lol my Daughter, Tricia, had a fire on Christmas day and most of the smoke came in the house, I told her time to call the chimney sweep!
Another test Pattie for hubby! Thoughts are with you two, but they are probably just eliminating out everything because of his fainting episode, better safe than sorry.
Gotta get, work to begin around here so tomorrow can be total looking for a job day.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Morning ladies

well so much for my do nothing day

lol there was lots of "oh I forgots"

I forgot my MIL was coming over
I forgot my sister was dropping their dog off for a few days while they go spend NYE with my niece in SC
add in a "oh can we stop by to visit so BIL can see the workshop" from our Sunday breakfast friends around 4

lol there went my "do nothing day"

Add in the fact that the stupid smoke detectors decided they were going to all go off again
hubby tried the open it
that lasted 15 mins then there they go again
after the 3rd time he unconnected the bad one in the MB and put it on the breakfast bar so we could replace it lol then it started going off because he left the battery in
he kept saying "won't this thing every die" I thought he was going to go get the big hammer but once he took the battery out it stopped

Sounds like you all had an interesting day

Sandy I am blaming the stuffiness on the heat we have had to crank
I am also thinking of running the vaporizer just to get some humidity in the house
Everything seem staticy I joke that if I took the dog in the closet and rubbed her fur you woudl see sparks
I am looking forward to the 70 degree days coming up so I can turn off the heat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals