Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 04:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

rofl after yesterdays adventures I can't wait to see today

I only hope it will not be a multitasking phone day again

Meeting our friends for breakfast then I have to run over to the dealership at noon to check out a car for my nephew (see yesterdays rambling)

While I am gone I am hoping the nightlite and its accessories will find their way into the attic

I will probably watch some of the football games or if it is nice maybe head out side to do some pruning

What are you all up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 04:44 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Oh, too early to say, Karla. Even a strong cup of coffee isn't helping much this a.m. Woke up at 5, couldn't get back to sleep. Started watching my usual Sunday a.m. lineup, even that didn't work for me, once I was done with Suze Orman.

There'll be coffee with my friends in a bit. Not sure what else the day will hold. A chilly start to the a.m. 40 out there right now. I think the planned high is mid to upper 60's.

DH made a nice dinner last night - a kind of Italian stir-fry. It was with all sorts of veggies (which we both love - sorry, Karla!), bow tie pasta, and it was called Lemon Pepper Chicken. Well, I'm pretty sure there was a mistake in the recipe. It called for 2 tablespoons of ground black pepper, but something tells me (my burning throat, most likely!) that they meant 2 TEASPOONS! Whoo, baby! Now, I like black pepper, but it was a bit much, even for me.

OK, gang.....I'll see you all later. Keep warm, ok???

Old 01-23-2011, 05:05 AM

oops lol it was a little colder than I expected last night I guess I should of turned off the sprinklers the stuff in the back is covered with a fine coating of ice
lola is having too much fun crunching in it lil ralphie just looked and said no way lol

Pattie I love fresh ground pepper I use lots on my steaks & burgers

Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 AM

want a chuckle

Happy What? Worst Cake Disasters - Photos - WJXT Jacksonville (http://www.news4jax.com/slideshow/entertainment/26569373/detail.html - broken link)

Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 AM

LOL...me, too, Karla, but I drank a lot of water with my dinner last night!

Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 AM

Love the cakes! I think they hired some folks from our local Walmart to decorate them!

I just read a bit of an article that a guy from the Buffalo Sabres (hockey team) had to be told by someone else that his name was misspelled on the back of his jersey! His name is Niedermayer, but it was spelled Neidermayer.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:34 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Hahahah on the cakes!

Morning all!

I actually slept until 8 am! I did wake up at 3 but I would not get out of bed and eventually went back to sleep. First good nights sleep I have gotten in quite a while.

Today will just be cleaning and laundry day for me, I'm trying to think of something for dinner that is exciting, I guess I am bored with the same old meat and potato thing Bob has going on! That stir fry sounded good Pattie but I will pass on that much pepper!

I ended up watching the History Channel yesterday (no good movies), it was pretty interesting series on Hitler and the Rise of the Nazi. Some of the stuff I really don't remember from History class. Anyway went to bed about 9:30 ish.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:42 AM

Sandy, that history channel has some neat stuff sometimes.

DH brought home 2 chickens yesterday. I think it's about time he tries out his deep fryer I got him for Christmas and makes us some fried chicken. Doesn't that sound good??? I haven't had it in ages.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Oh my gosh it does, the last time I had good fried chicken that I made was in NC, I used a Paula Dean recipe with a buttermilk marinade that was to die for! When I was young fried chicken was a staple at our house with mashed potatoes and poor man's gravy (her version of the gravy that is served with biscuits in the south). Deep fryers are the best and I have not had one since the 80's, when my Fry Daddy died I never bought another

Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

LOL at those cakes!

The conversation at my house this morning went something like this:

me: Shadow, come here & let me put your boots on.

Shadow: I don't need my boots today. Come ON mom, there is a bunny out there!

me: Seriously, you are going to want your boots. Mothers know these things.

Shadow: NO! HURRY! BUNNY!

me: *heavy sigh* o.k., but I am not going to carry you when your feet get cold.

Shadow: Whatever. Open the door! Open the door!

{Door opens and dog goes flying across the back yard after the bunny, huge smile on her face. Dog chases bunny into woods. Bunny goes into statue mode and dog has no clue where bunny went. Dog heads back towards house and makes it almost 4 whole steps from the edge of the woods.}

Shadow: MOM! Something is wrong with my feet! OH! Come check my feet!

{Dog is now standing in the middle of the back yard trying to see how many feet she can hold off of the ground at once. I once would have told you that it would be 2 feet in the air in any combination at any given time, but this morning I saw her balance on 1 foot for a few seconds.}

me: It is just snow between your toes. If you had let me put your boots on this would not be happening.

Shadow: OH! Get it out from between my toes! I don't like it!

{Picture me tramping across the yard to inspect feet. All 4 feet are indeed intact, just cold.}

me: You're o.k., its just snow. Come on, let's go get some breakfast.

Shadow: Aren't you going to carry me? I can't possibly walk on this stuff.

me: Nope. You can walk, come on.

Shadow: Walk? I can't even stand. Mom! Do something! Oh!

me: Is that a squirrel?

{Dog charges across the yard in search of the imaginary squirrel, completely forgetting the paralyzing properties of snow. 4 imaginary squirrels later dog was back on the shoveled driveway.}

You know what makes the above experience even more exasperating? I can take this same dog to the barn and she will run around outside for 45 minutes and never even notice the snow.

Today is the planning meeting for the summer horse show series that we participate in. My friend & I will be heading out about 11 to meet with the other farm owners, sponsors, and show secretary to discuss scheduling and half a million unimportant details. Ugh! At least it is a lunch meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals