Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 05:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,028,082 times

Advertisements

Your going to rock !!!

What are you hours ?

Today is catch up I have a few errands to run and lots of paperwork to close out last week

Hubby went downtown so it's just me & the kids
I might put in the 4 mile walking DVD since he won't be home lol I don't like an audience

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 05:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,201,185 times
Morning Karla and all!

Up bright and early to a weather advisory!!! I swear that it is snowing more out this morning than I have seen all year. Just my luck, oh well "when living in the north you just gotta get back on the saddle at some point and drive in snow".

Karla I will work 9-2 M-F. I have to find a place to park this morning and then she will get me settled with a parking card and tell me where to park. The good thing about these hours is it gives the road commission the time to get the highway up to par, and I won't have a full 8 hours to work after not working for 4 months!

Good going on the car deal Karla. Did you ever try sales before? Bet you would have made lots of money!

Not sure what type of exercise I am doing today, maybe lots of upper arm by gripping the steering wheel!

Have a good day all.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:14 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,200,705 times
Sandy, you were my first thought this morning. "It's Sandy's first day at work!" I hope you have wonderful co-workers, enough challenge to make it interesting but not stressful and a great parking spot! Got get 'em, girlfriend!

DH made what was supposed to be copy-cat Church's fried chicken yesterday. It was ok - a bit on the soggy side. I like my fried chicken crispy. But it tasted real good and wasn't dry at all.

LOL...we were lying in bed, trying to decide when to get up and we had the local ABC channel on. Doesn't the weather guy come on and say that it's 36 degrees below zero in Saranac Lake, NY this morning? DH and I used to live about 45 min. from there, his parents were from there, and my nephew who's getting married this summer currently lives there. It's 48 here, which means an 84 degree difference. Of course, I had to email my sister first thing to let her know.....

Don't have any plans for today (so what's new?). I'll let ya know if anything exciting comes along. Here's a heads-up tho: I probably won't be on tomorrow until late in the day as DH has one of his dr's appt. at 8:45, so we'll be out of here early. His 2nd dr's appt. is for 2:40, so we'll probably hang out in Ft. Myers rather than come all the way back here for a few hours.

Enjoy the day, everybody.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 AM

Actually Sandy when I first moved here I was waiting for a job with the bank so a friend of my sisters was the GM at a car dealer. After years of hearing "do you want a job" every time I went car shopping I though hey why not

ok so picture this here I am fresh from NJ and full boat "Jersey girl" the dealership was in a very, well lets just say "country" area of town
lol it was like I was the new show in town "Go check out the Yankee girl at the Ford dealer"
One of the older salesmen, a good ole boy from Alabama actually asked me why I wasn't home raising kids and taking care of a husband

Old 01-24-2011, 06:20 AM

Morning Pattie we were posting at the same time

Holy cow thats cold !!!

In case your don't have time to log on tomorrow before you leave
Know we will be flooding you both with good thoughts and prayers that there is nothing but good new at the Drs

Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 AM

Thanks, Karla. I know you all will be there with us.

LOL...and what did that salesman say after he got decked???

Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 AM

I know Pattie I actually think I was speechless

Even funnier this guy pulled in, so I greeted him and asked "can I help you" he said "I don't deal with women sales people" well ok then
Sweet revenge a couple weeks later I noticed a car on the side of the road next to the entrance to the dealership you could tell it was having problems starting. So being the "helpful" person I am I though I'd as if he wanted me to have one of the service guys come over
Well what do you know it was the same guy so I sweetly said " I was going to see what I could do to help. but I remembered you don't deal with women so have a nice day" and walked away

Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 AM

Oh, man...I wish I could do things like that to people who deserve them. You??? Speechless???? no way.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,160,895 times
Morning peeps!

Sandy be careful out there, it is coming down pretty hard. Good luck & hope you love your new job!

Shadow & I have been out shoveling snow this morning. In about 45 minutes we will head to the barn to hunt mousies. Shadow will be spending the day hanging out with her doggie friends.

My friend & I are taking a horse to a vet clinic in KY to have surgery. We are leaving here around 10, and it is a 4.5 hour drive to get there. We will drop him off and come home. Then we can go pick him up on Wed (hopefully).

Old 01-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Ooo, good luck to the horse. You have a safe trip - all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals