Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

It started raining around 7 last night and it is raining this morning
I know my yard and plants are so very happy
It looks like it may continue for another hour or so
Pattie it looks like some is headed you way too

Yay hubby comes home today !! When I spoke to him this morning I could tell he was ready to come home

I have a few errands to run today

I am going to hit the treadmill this morning first

Sandy how is Austin doing ?

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 05:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Morning all!

Thanks for asking Karla, last night it sounded like he was was okay, I am patiently waiting for an update from Kim but hesitate to call in case they had a hard night. She is so lucky because Jesse can work from home and is so good about helping her (right now Jesse is trying to keep Natalie as far away from Austin and Kim as possible). He has steam cleaned the carpets, furniture and sanitized the house from doors to toys, he is such a good person.

Never got any snow last night! So I don't have to pretend today! I'm so over winter (even tho it has not been too bad), just ready for Spring

I'm going to spend a few hours on the computer looking for jobs, do some filing and maybe depending on the temperatures go on a walk in downtown Auburn. The walking will be my exercise (much more interesting than trying to exercise in this small living room, dodging furniture).

Yeah Karla on hubby coming home today! You made it girl! That storm that blew through your area looks like it created some nasty weather in other states, hope it just stays rain in your area.

Gotta get and try to wake up some, turn on the news and see what type of things I missed while sleeping.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Yes, Karla, now you can wear big girl pants! Give him a hug for me.

Sandy, here's hoping Austin is feeling better.

Millie came home yesterday. But Jim can't take care of her. He called us at 8:30 last night to come over and move her to get her more comfy and so she could sit up for Jim to give her her meds. Smokey woke me up at 4:30 this a.m. to tell me I had to go to the bathroom and when I came out, I saw a car pull into their driveway. The nurse or housekeeper was there till 7:30. She really needs to be where someone can care for her 24/7. She's in bad shape, but she's still got all her marbles. You know, I saw my Granny with Alzheimers and now Millie with cancer. I haven't figured out which one is worse.

Anyway... I needed a "me" day yesterday, so I all but kicked DH out of the house (I was being a real witch) and I just sat around reading and watching TV. It was a much needed thing. He called around 3:00, asked if I needed anything outside the gates and I told him it was safe to come home.

We're headed to Costco soon. It'll be good to get out. Oops...I think I hear thunder.

Have a great day.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 AM

Pattie that is bad, so sorry. I can't believe that Hospice let her go home in that shape, but then again it is up to Millie and Jim. I can tell you from being with my mother that they need a full time nurse if she is going to stay at home in this condition. Sorry hun, I know this tugs at your heart

Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Pattie I am going to Costco today also !!

Rofl on the "safe to come home" I know we have all had those days

Can't they get her in Hospice full time. Our friends brother was admitted to Hospice when he was to the point of needing 24/7 care

It makes you wonder if Jim told them they had help from friends & neighbors and that was why they let her come home

I am with Sandy on how this must be tugging at your heart

Big hugs to you both for being such terrific friends

Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 AM

I miss Costco! We only have Sam's in Fort Wayne and I have not joined because of the distance. When I go up to MI Kim is taking me to Costco so I can stock up on goodies (I miss their baked goods and meats).

Old 03-10-2011, 06:30 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Phone just rang. They're bringing Millie back to hospice this a.m. - possible pneumonia.

Karla, I think they took her home at her and her husband's insistence. They finally realized last night that they can't do it alone without 24/7 assistance.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:53 AM

I bet that was a hospice nurse you saw there early this morning, hence bringing her back. I know it is hard for them, she probably wanted to pass at home but sometimes that is not the best thing for the patient.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:37 AM

Okay I just got the call I have been waiting on, Austin is still not better. This is his 4th day of not keeping anything in him. I told Kim I would begin getting ready to come up and for her to take Natalie to the hospital with them, between her Dad and I we can handle it if the hospital keeps Austin.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Oh no Sandy! Drive carefully and we will all cross our fingers for Austin.

Shadow, Mickey & I have been out hunting this morning. Later we will go visit the cookie ladies, and this evening we will head to the barn to hunt mousies and ride.

Twice yesterday Shadow came back in without her collar. Both times I found it down a groundhog hole. *sighs* At least she wasn't stuck head first in a hole with a wild critter.

It has just started to snow. Again. At least they are not calling for anything measurable here this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals