U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,420,949 times

Advertisements

Yay !! the "kids" were very excited when we got home though I am not sure if they were more excited about seeing hubby or the bags from the drive thu we were carrying
I was starving because other than the banana I had at my neighbors and the couple of "samples" at Costco I hadn't really eaten

Chilly start this morning I had to turn the heat back on because it had gone down to 66 in the house I didn't want the bird to get a chill
Yikes I just checked it is 38 out there lol no wonder the house is cold

A little busy morning ahead I am dropping my friend off at work at 9:30 then I will head right to the bank I got payroll last night woo hoo
I have a lot of checks to write this morning

So exercise will be when I get back
I ordered some Spin DVDs from netflix they should be here today

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 05:28 AM

p.s. I decided I need to start eating a little healthier I picked up some vitamins yesterday

I have added a brown rice mix & barley to my new foods I have tried list there pretty decent when cooked with chicken stock
I am considering trying a couple of veggie I haven't tried before. I was watching "kitchen boss" and he made a breaded eggplant and I also saw roasted butternut squash
I am thinking these don't sound to scary

Old 03-11-2011, 05:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,192,781 times
Karla is that really you up there? Did someone take over your name? BTW brown rice is wonderful it is one of my favorites! And I am trying to make Pattie's beef/barley soup today. BTW eggplant in lasagna is wonderful (use veggies instead of using meat).

I just got up, had alarm set for 7 and dang if sleeping in is not a nice way to begin the day

I'm going to another temp service in Kendallville today, it is about 15 miles north of us and we will see what they have to offer.

I still have my bag packed just in case Kim needs some help (between you and me I don't want to be around that flu tho). I told her about the children pepto bismol tabs that they have and it is up to them if they want to help stop this, he still does have another pill from the hospital to take today.

Not sure what type of exercise I am going to do today, it depends on what the temperatures end up being. I did hear that it was supposed to be nice today

Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 AM

lol Sandy maybe listening to you guys has finally sunk in I may have to try beef broth in addition to the chicken
Not a big lasagna fan plus I don't like red sauce except for pizza sauce maybe it is a texture thing about sauce on noodles or lol just karla weirdness

I don't blame you for not wanting to be in the middle of the germs I always ask the teachers each week "is there a bug going around" not being around kids I do not have that immunity parents & teachers build during the year

Old 03-11-2011, 06:04 AM

I love eggplant in all shapes and cooked, fried, etc. If you like meat you will love using beef broth for both the barley and the rice and butternut squash is to die for, it is so sweet tasting (course I love all squash).

Any immunity I used to have is out the door! I carry hand sanitizer with me and use all the time!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,774,587 times
OK, who is this woman and what has she done with our Karla????

Here's a thought, Strange Lady...when you cook your rice, throw in some shredded veggies like carrots or broccoli stems or red pepper..things you might like (no onions, I know). They don't overwhelm the flavor of the rice, but you're getting a few little extra veggies (don't go overboard adding them).

No exercise for me again today. Soon, tho.

Sandy...can't blame you for not wanting that flu. It sounds nasty. Good tummy thoughts coming at Austin.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:30 AM

Just got off the phone from Kim and he ate a half bagel this morning and is playing. I told her to make sure she gives him the other pill today and to stock up on children pepto bismol tabs!

Oh Karla rice and veggies is great!

Pattie, are the boys at Jim's house yet?

Are you guys watching tv? 8.9 earthquake hit Japan and 20 countries are under (oh gosh I am going to have spelling problems with this one) tsumnami warnings!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:50 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,774,587 times
Yay for Austin! I bet he's glad he can finally eat.

Not yet, Sandy. One's coming from Melbourne, FL...I'm sure he'll be the first to arrive. One is coming from Cincinatti area and I'm not sure where the 3rd one is.

I know...that tsunami was all over the news at Hospice. Even our own West Coast is under warnings.

Oh, Karla....glad Mr. KwaK made it home safe and sound. I'm sure the dogs were happy he was here...with or without the takeout bags!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 AM

lol it is the influence of my dear friends here who have "sparked" the eat healthier

I like carrots & peas but thats about it
broccoli is IMO nasty no matter how you slice it or dice t or try and hide it

The one already prepared rice mix you know the 90 sec nuke one had a really interesting "grain" (I liked the taste & texture) I have yet to find lol I may buy another pack and take a picture for you "experts" to ID

Sandy I love meat I am the original "meat & potato's" gal !!
I will let you know how the butternut squash goes over
Do you just cube it up toss lightly with olive oil & roast I am not a garlic or spices fan so will it be ok made that way ?
Glad to hear that Austin is holding the bagel down and is playing that is good news

I saw that earthquake on the news CNN.com had some pretty amazing videos
The first thing I thought of was Elston and sent him a DM to see if his DPs family was ok I was relieved to hear that had gotten through and all are ok

I am going to call my neighbor this morning to make sure her family & friends are ok too I am not sure what area of Japan they are in

Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 AM

checks are written and deposit slips made out

lol my friend just texted me she is running late could I pick her up at 9:40 instead of 9:30
no problem I am still in my robe the extra 10 mins wil help me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals