U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-16-2011, 09:56 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,134,140 times
I have always had a preference for the bacon ranch turkey toasted sub at Arby's, had one about two weeks ago and had to throw most of it away, tasted bad............I'll make them at home now Still not moved from the puter to job hunting, might just put it on the back burner until tomorrow morning. I messed up coming home from interview and watching the news.
Think a walk is calling my name!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-16-2011, 10:14 AM

8,192 posts, read 17,846,428 times
*sighs* Well, the mechanic asked me to come back tomorrow. At least he verified that I had working brakes before he sent me away. They are always busy, being the best mechanic in town and also the most trustworthy. I assured him that as long as I had fluid I had brakes.

One of our horses has been having some strange symptoms. This is the horse we took down to Muncie a while back. He got a little better, then all of a sudden yesterday he has a whole bunch of strange things going on. We are waiting for blood work to come back, but if it is what we are thinking it sounds like we may end up taking him to Kentucky to spend some quality time at the vet clinic. I swear that barn is built on an ancient Indian burial ground......

Unread 03-16-2011, 01:05 PM

17,599 posts, read 19,801,386 times
hey all
back from the airport & fedex
lol I have more than the 5 mins while I was eating my lunch so I can chat
Pattie one would think after 4 years "someone" would know my job is odd
How was millies memorial service ?
How is Jim getting along ?

On the walking with the neighbor sticky one there, my friend I do girls day with walks every day I went with her once but she strolls or meanders and I stride so that didn't happen again
You could always tell her 1 day a week and pick her up for the last "loop" or part of your walk, that way it would be your cool down part

lol you could always say that you use your walk time to learn oh I don't know maybe spanish on your headphones and you know it wouldn't be fun for her
and no on trying the radish

I tried that tri color veggie pasta the other night & 100% wheatbread the other morning so I am good on new foods for awhile

Sandy the golf cart thing would be a blast I did it once for one of our golf tournament fundraisers. The tips are great !!

Evey Shadow must be related to Lola & Ralphie they will eat anything they can get in their mouth they have a real fondness for the stuff the bird throws out of the cage
Sending good thought for the horsey who is not feeling well

Sue are you all settled back in ? Hey after 2 weeks home did your accent get back to the way it was when you lived there? I ask because after a trip up north my jersey accent is back full force heck I can talk to someone from up there and it comes back mid conversation

Hey fuzzy do you want some Pilates DVD !!!

ok off to pay some work bills that were faxed over form corporate then I am going to see what shows I watched that I forgot to DVR that you know who doesn't like watching

catch you all later

Unread 03-16-2011, 02:24 PM

12,144 posts, read 7,118,549 times
Karla, you used to walk with a buddy though, Lou, right? I remember that. I would rather walk with someone than by myself, I feel like a doofus walking alone.

Today I did 2 workouts actually. Did a short ab one this morning--one I did the other day--and then my big day bootcamp one, and got through more of it this time than ever before!

Why do you ask about Pilates dvds?

Time to get busy, as usual.

Have a great day everyone.

Unread 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,670 posts, read 10,234,381 times
Hi, gang. TBH, I was a little disappointed in Millie's service. It wasn't very personal at all. One son got up and said a few things, tho. Jim cried at the service, which I didn't expect at all - he's been very stoic thru the whole thing. The whole family's still living in denial and can't see that Dad isn't going to be able to live by himself. As we were leaving, he told Chris "Well, the family will be leaving soon; I'll be calling on you."

Thanks for the ideas Karla. The picking her up on the way back for my cool down won't really work because of the way the community is set up. Hard to explain, but thanks anyhow.

Evey, I hope the horse is ok.

Unread 03-16-2011, 04:40 PM

Man how can those kids just leave their Dad knowing he is disabled? I am taking a cue from Evey and "shakes head".
Okay get this I call to find out the price of Bob's ticket, lady at court was nice but said "I won't have a ticket from Monday it takes awhile to get here". Hummmm, he has 30 days to pay and with the cost of gas I don't want to travel to Butler.........hummmm can't pay the bill unless she has a copy, she does not know a def date she will get the ticket. I think tomorrow I am going to call the police department and see what they can tell me.........some people don't deserve to have a job!!!
Okay vented and feel better. I took a walk today and ended up almost in downtown Auburn, I bet by next week I can make it all the way there. I think that will be my goal!
Hope the horse ends up okay, what do you all think it might be?

Unread 03-16-2011, 05:09 PM

8,192 posts, read 17,846,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Hope the horse ends up okay, what do you all think it might be?
Early indications are that is a nasty viral infection called Pigeon Fever. It lives deep in the tissue and is very difficult to get rid of. This is a show horse and it could mean the end of not just his career, but his ability to walk without pain for the rest of his life. Even harder is the fact that he is just plain old a nice guy with a wonderful personality. We keep going to check on him and every time we do he tries to come say hi, even though he is clearly in great pain. We make sure to bring him a cookie, carrot or peppermint every time we go to check on him.

Unread 03-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Animals are so wonderful! I sure hope this turns out to be something else. I'm guessing your friend knows horses tho........

Unread 03-17-2011, 05:03 AM

17,599 posts, read 19,801,386 times
the poor guy I hate it when animals are in pain, is there anything they can give him ?

Sandy Iran into that with a ticket CD got I called & called and was told the same thing turns out I was given the wrong number and wrong parish to call which is why they never found it

By the time I straightened it out it was one of those get there by 5 pm that day things

fuzzy yeah I use to walk every day with him until he got mad at me for worrying that he was being taken advantage of

I am split both ways on the walking buddies If it is someone that walks the same "style" I do, I can see 1 or 2 days but I don't think I would want to commit to a set schedule ever again to much "pressure" to be there no matter what

But hen again I have the dogs to walk which is an adventure on its own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals