U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:03 AM

17,827 posts, read 21,489,852 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Yay it is almost the weekend !!!

It is suppose to hit 84 this afternoon it is only mid March where are my 70's

Woo hoo I just realized other than the bank there is not much on my to do list

I have payroll figures lol another woo hoo so I can head to the bank early then come home,work out and then play in the yard !!!

Whats happening in you part of the country today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 06:33 AM

5,422 posts, read 4,673,218 times
Warm temperatures I can tell you that much I slept with two windows open and could honestly open the slider but it is a tad chilly out there so will wait until later this morning.

Hubby got a call late yesterday from the big printing company 20 miles north of us (the ones that would not pay well enough for him to come to work for them), he is going in today to have a tour of the plant and a new job offer, not sure what is up with that but I said "What do you have to lose?". So my interview is at 9am and his is at 10:30 am, we will see, 20 miles is a ways to travel.

I was going to head up to Michigan this afternoon to see my kids but the flu has not left Kim's house (she has it back, same stuff I had earlier this week and last weekend), not going now........sorry to miss little Austin's birthday but I am not risking getting that back I feel bad but will travel up there next month and stay a few days.

Other than that, my daily walk will take place and hummm maybe sitting outside and reading!

Karla have fun viewing the birthday surprise party! Did you get yourself a cupcake so you can celebrate with them?

Old 03-18-2011, 06:45 AM

Sandy maybe they will offer him enough to make it worthwhile

I don't blame you for not wanting to enter the germ zone a couple folks down here have it and it does not look "fun"

lol I didn't think of the cupcake idea but I think your right I need to go get a Publix cake to celebrate with them

Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 AM

Not sure and do not want to speculate on RR Donnelly here, we will see........

Yep, Publix cupcake does not get much better unless it is Publix carrot cake or cherry pie!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 AM

Haven't tried the cherry pie hubby loves cherry pie and isn't a big cake fan so maybe I will pick one up for him so he can celebrate along

lol I should do this because they are an hour behind us which means the 5:30 surprise will be at 6:30 our time which "someone" does not consider working hours so the pie may ease the way

yay my checks are written and the deposits are ready to go so off to the bank !!

Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,338,959 times
G'morning, all.

Sandy, is RR Donnelly DH's potential company?? Good luck to you both.

Walked with the neighbor. OMG, she is so loud! Her DH is deaf, so she's used to yelling. Well, people don't appreciate you yelling when you're walking by their house at 7:30 in the a.m. And she tells me these stories that she's told me several times previously. Oh, and she was so proud of herself. I told her it was her turn to choose our route. Well, at the end, she said, "I've measured this in my car and we did a bit more than a mile. And aren't you proud of me? I kept up with you the whole time!" Uh huh. A bit more than a mile and it took us the same time it takes me to walk two and the poor thing's out of breath! She does have health issues (she's my age), tho, so I have to take that into consideration. I guess I'll just have to up my MON - Wed. walks. Let's hope she gives up easily!

Off to the bank, Wally WOrld and Costco w/DH this a.m.

Oh, our first "date" was 16 years ago today....we've been together ever since!

PS - Karla, enjoy the par-tay!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM

Oh Pattie you are like Bob and I, I met him October 18th and our first date was October 25th (his birthday)!

At least you will have Mon-Wed to walk in peace, and you are being a very kind loving neighbor.

If I pass the drug test (ya right), the job is mine. BUT, union store (can't tell by the pay)! I would have to wait 18 months for the benefits. She kept saying you are so over qualified, and I tried to ease her mind by telling her at 4.00 a gallon gas it is not worth my while to drive to Fort Wayne for a job! We will see, next week will be when they have the drug results (think they will consider ambien a drug?). It is worth a try at least, and quite honestly that is what she said!

RR Donnelly is the company Pattie, but he has another company locally a Tool and Die company interested in him too. I told him to make sure he saw the plant before getting excited, I am sure that they will not offer him what he is making right now but the benefits might be better. RR Donnelly is a world wide printing plant that has made money during the recession and have continued to open new plants which in itself is something to consider.

Gotta get, should have done my grocery shopping while out but I wanted to tell hubby good luck before he left. Hummm, maybe breakfast might be in order today, we have Cracker Barrell.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM

8,192 posts, read 19,621,872 times
Morning peeps!

What a glorious day we are having here! Almost 50 now on the way to 60 later. We almost hit 70 yesterday.

Shadow was so funny yesterday. We went down to walk on the Greenway. When we lived here before it was near our house and we just walked up the street and cut down a hill and there we were. We walked on it all the time. I actually drove over to the parking area yesterday and she got out of the truck with her "oooh! A new place" look on. Then she stuck her nose on the ground and her expression changed into "OMG! OMG! I know this place!" It got even better a couple of minutes later when one of her old friends, an older gentleman on an incline bike, stopped to say hello to her. I thought she was going to explode! She was bouncing up & down and yipping (a sound usually reserved for treed groundhogs). The parking area is about as far as we used to walk (unless DH was dragging us farther) so she got to stick her nose in a lot of her old familiar holes.

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk this morning. Mickey, Shadow & I have been hunting. In a little while Shadow & I will go visit the cookie ladies.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM

That's funny about Shadow Evey! I love walking them and seeing the enjoyment and contentment in their little eyes and body movements. I miss having a dog

We are going to have to make day plans for my trip down to you next month, weather looks like it is going to cooperate!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 AM

8,192 posts, read 19,621,872 times
Sandy, you are welcome any old time. I would be happy to share Shadow (and TT!) with you! There are 5 other dogs at the farm you could enjoy as well.

I would love to take you to The Tea House. It is open Wed-Sat and Sat is always their busiest day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals