U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 04:46 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,990,812 times

Advertisements

It is an amazing 51 degrees out there
It is not suppose to hit the mid 80's til late this afternoon

So guess where I will be this morning !!!

Never got the chance to mow yesterday so this morning will be spent in out enjoying the nice temps

Call me weird but I am very excited to edge the new sod by the street. It has taken so well I should be able to put a nice clean edge line on it

I am going to also plant the new plants I got yesterday

Do you all remember the red sunflowers from the garden shots well it has grown another good foot. lol I was thinking I had planted Jacks magic bean seeds it was growing so fast. Well I finally see flower heads so hopefully I will see some flowers soon

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 07:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,360,553 times
Morning!

Been up for quite a while and surfing the net, now ready to officially begin my day

I have to run to Meijer and get coffee creamer and some lunch meat for school lunches then I am going to get some wasp spray. Tricia's house has a few old cones we knocked down yesterday and I am positive that there are wasps in her garage roof. We need to spray and calk the spots they enter, one is on the point of her garage (her ladder is not stable enough for Bob to calk it all) so we are going to bomb it from inside and spray it from outside. The other entry area is on her porch and is easy for Bob to spray and calk.

That is all the plans I have for today. Nothing else besides maybe going on a hike or visiting the river walk in Rockford. I am sure Bob would love to golf but he is going to have to wait until a job offer for sure comes in

PS I think I am going to look at a few filler flowers to pot for Tricia's front porch. I have an idea!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,146,419 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow, Mickey, Buzz, TT and I have been out hunting this morning. This was a rarity, Buzz never comes very far out into the yard.

When we lived here before we used to walk to the Greenway. There was a section that Shadow just loved. I finally figured out how to get there without parking at my old house, so we will hit that this afternoon.

We ended up at the barn yesterday. We had a horse pass away. She was quite old and appears to have had a heart attack. There was no sign of suffering, she even still had a mouth full of hay. We had a nice funeral for her.

We also got official necropsy results on Lester. Thalamic Carcinoma (cancer of the thalamus) in addition to a bleed in his brain. They had him cremated and will be shipping his ashes to us for burial.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,135,761 times
Hi, all. Beautiful day here, too. DH was out picking up his new chair, so I finished up my chores and, after I put the chisel away, I sat on the front porch with a book and a nice glass of ice water. Then DH came home and made me close down the house and turn on the A/C.

Called my sister's house and my niece-in-law-to-be answered the phone, so I gave her my best wishes for the wedding today. I tried calling my nephew, but I got his voice mail, so I left him a message.

Not much else is going on today. I was looking forward to hanging out on the porch for a little while longer, but life goes on.

Have a great day, all.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:42 PM

7,283 posts, read 17,265,971 times
Hi everyone,

Did the treadmill for an hour and got the bathrooms cleaned. Doing a load of laundry now.

Sorry about the horse in the barn Evey.

Wind seems to have calmed down, just breezy now.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:12 AM

morning everyone

Busy busy day yesterday before I started the yardwork we ran to Home Depot to get cedar for hubbys latest project
He is making a "wall" to put in front of the irrigation well pump system. There use to be a holly bush there but it started dying
This is going to look like the cedar planter he made last year
While he was digging up the roots from the bush I got the yardwork mowed

ok having all those pavers has extended my weed whacking lol and we all know how well I weed whack. There is a reason we have so many beds around the foundation of the house. Hubby said if we didn't the house would fall down because of the pieces of the foundation that go flying as I w/w

I think I may have to change out a couple of sprinkler heads on the one side. the misters that are there are just not putting out enough water. I am probably going to swap them for rotary ones

Finally slowed down around 5

Sandy what kind of plants were you thinking about for the pots ?

Evey sorry about the horse on the farm
I am glad you got the results on Lesters tests. It doesn't change anythign but having answers will help bring closure.

Pattie you going to have to send us pictures of the new "man cave"
I didn't realize how much room was in your car thats great he was able to pick up the new recliner and avoid a delivery charge

Cheryl are you still in fire danger ?

Oh before I forget again. Miguels mom started a thread in other topics with pictures of her new baby there is also a picture of Miguel we have head about for so many years. Very cute kids
New family member

Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,360,553 times
Karla, Tricia likes leafy flowers like day lillies so I am taking her to the flower shop to hunt with me. I was thinking one big spike in back, green in and around the side and bright flowers around the middle. No names yet because I need her around to pick out what she wants. I found at least 6 large pots in her garage that I can plant. Then I promised Morgan that we would have tomato plants and pepper plants (both of which I am going to container plant and keep on the deck).

Old 05-01-2011, 08:02 AM

Sandy they sound nice thats a great combo
Hey here is a trick I have used, if the pots are really really big to save on dirt and weight put 1/3 packing peanuts on the bottom(make sure they are regular packing peanuts not the dissolving corn starch ones) cover them with coffee filters then add the dirt

Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,135,761 times
Karla, he saved $50 by picking up the chair. That's why we like that little Matrix so much - you wouldn't believe what we've hauled in that thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals