Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

and hopefully this week they won't be as wound up as they were last week.

lol the teachers have started the countdown I think the kids are wearing them out too
Not sure what today's class is on but I am going to wear "appropriate footwear" in case we go out to the garden

Not sure what the afternoon will hold I have to the accountants one day this week and lol there are only 3 days left

Also not sure what todays exercise will be

lol I guess today my name should be "not sure"

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 07:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good morning. Walked 3 miles today; it was a beautiful morning for it. Around 70 degrees, sun shining. But it's already 77 here - supposed to go up to 93 or so.

Not sure what we're doing today. I think we're both pretty pooped from yesterday. Tomorrow will be washing the lanai windows. They're vinyl and you have to take them down to clean them. It's a PITA, but what're ya gonna do? It always surprises me how much better you can see when they're clean.

Have a great day, all.

Hugs

Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Ugh! I didn't get to sleep until almost 6 this morning. No particular reason, just couldn't sleep. Not feeling my sparkling best. And it got HOT. Yuck!

Shadow & I have been hunting this morning. We have also been to visit the cookie ladies. Later we will hit the riverwalk.

Now I am off to find a nut driver so I can open the access panel on the air handler and make sure the filter on the A/C gets changed.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 PM

hoo boy. Looks like we'll not be driving Mr. Jim any more. He and DH had a nasty fight in the car on the way to Publix this afternoon. I'm still shaking.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Oh, oh what happened Pattie? Did Mr. Jim get cranky or did hubby get after him about his "unlicensed driving". He sure has done his best to push away all of his helpers and friends, sorry it had to come to that.

We went out to a huge greenhouse this morning, I got my HUGE hanging planter (have to take it with me when we move, Mother's Day gift), and Kimmy spent over $200. on pernials and veggies for the garden. She did get another hanging plant like mine and then a beautiful porch planter. We got two different types of tomatoes (so they come in at different times), peas, beans, and broccoli, Jesse wanted leaf lettuce but all they had was a spring mix and also head lettuce. She is going to send him to Lowes for the lettuce. All and all a nice morning and spent the afternoon watching the kids play (before nap) and talking with Kim and Nick.

Gotta get M n& M will be home from school soon. Have a good one all.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Readers Digest condensed version: Dh has put up with a lot of Jim's nastiness - snide comments, back seat driving, yada yada yada. Jim is a very self-centered person and expects to have everything handed to him. He knows everything and there's nothing that anyone can do to please him. Well, he opened his mouth once too often for DH. Next thing ya know, I'm in the back seat of a moving SUV, and they're screaming at each other in the front seat. I sincerely thought I'd have to get in between the two of them. I've only seen one other person push DH's buttons like that in the 16 years we've been together, and that was his mother. Unbelievable. DH told him to never, ever bother calling either one of us for help again. We went into the store, DH gave me the car keys, told me that I could take Jim home when he was done shopping, then come back in our car and get him (hubby) because he wasn't going to go back in the same car w/Jim.

On the way out of the store, Jim said, "Well, I'm sorry that this happened." I was about to say, "I am, too" when he continued, "But he had this coming for a very long time." Excuse me???? You're telling me this when all we've done is help you?? I said, "Jim, that's my husband you're talking about and I love him very much. You really shouldn't be saying these things to me." And I kept walking out of the store. It was a very quiet ride, let me tell you. If he had said one more thing about my husband, he was going to get as much as DH gave him and more. I got him home, took his stuff into the house and he said he was sorry that things ended like this and I said I was too. I'm relieved, but I'm upset.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Well Pattie it is not as if Jim did not have it coming, I have NEVER heard you talk about hubby losing his temper. I'm sorry, but it is probably a good thing for you and hubby, you do not need to be at this man's beck and call. Calm down and have one or two of your peach things, it will be good for you! I'm thinking you need to make one for hubby too.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Thanks, Sandy. I suggested we go visit our Sunday morning coffee friends and we did that, had a couple of "beverages" over there, then came home and hubby watered the neighbor's plants and made a nice meatball dinner for us. Really good. I'm still feeling upset over the whole thing, but I knew it would happen some day and I'm surprised it took this long. I'm also relieved that we're no longer at this man's beck and call, as you said.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Dang Pattie, that sucks.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Hello all, I worked out but just realized I forgot to check in.

Looks like I missed the fireworks, too bad you got stuck in the middle and had to take him home. Should have handed him a quarter or two, told him to find a payphone and call a cab!

Got my garden globe thingy today! Thought they sent me an empty box! I guess since those things are about the size of a bowling ball, I figured they'd weigh a lot too--not the case at all.

Have a good evening everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals