Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

lol well at least I am going to try

I do want to stop at Home Depot after breakfast to see about parts to change the sprinkler heads in the 2 front beds near the house the old one sprinkle not only the bed but the driveway so I am thinking we can get a "elbow" piece and redirect the spray down instead of out

other than that I was a do nothing day of rest since it has been so non-stop this past week

What are you all up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Morning!

Just running to store this morning and having cake and ice cream this afternoon. Other than that I am having a do nothing day today also. I have not even looked for jobs this weekend!

I do have to study for the civil service test, might have to do a little of that tonight and see if I can bring back any math skills I might have buried in my mind! Yuck I hate math!

Gotta get! Have a good one all.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Hey peeps!

Shadow & I just got back from the barn where we hunted mousies, did laundry, and "helped" the blacksmith to clean up after himself (interpret : Shadow has been eating hoof trimmings all morning).

The race starts in about an hour and we will all be comfy on the couch for the afternoon.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:15 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Hi, gang.

Well, I had a bout of senioritis this week. One of my coffee social table mates fell and broke her wrist. I told her gentleman friend earlier in the week that I'd make her some chicken soup and bring it over. We decided Saturday would be the best day to do that. So, this morning, I woke up and thought about making soup for Veronica. Then I realized that today is Sunday and I had totally forgotten my promise. So...I made soup for her this morning. I have to say, it was pretty tasty, too. I also took out a small banana bread I had in the freezer and brought that over with the soup. She's a terrific lady and still has it all together, even at 93.

Hey, Karla...do you still do Movie Day?? Haven't heard you mention it in a while.

We're fighting with Comcast. I hate, hate, hate, HATE them. A-holes. We're having problems with both internet and cable, but it takes forever to talk to somebody and when you go online with them, they don't know $hit from shinola. I think we'll be visiting their office tomorrow.

Gonna be a hot one again today. I think I'll work on my grandneice's afghan. Enjoy.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:59 PM

Evey lol she really eats them ewwww I guess that would count as "dietary roughage"

Sandy what time should I show up for cake & ice cream !!!

Pattie thats so nice of you & I am sure she appreciated it
*looks around* we have movie day on the shelf we may take a old one out now and then, but a whole day sitting watching movie after movie

well we had a busy afternoon hubby decided he wanted to downsize his computer from the humongous gaming computer he built 4 years ago the tower is almost 3' tall so we ran to Best Buy the great thing is he can probably sell the old one for $400 or $500 which was the price of the e-machine he got
Then we stopped at Sears I have been looking for a small patio sized gas grill,I am not a charcoal fan.
I found a small one on clearance for $69
So of course we had to stop at the store for somethign to grill
I am going to try Patties Potatoes as a side !!!

It is sooo hot out there and really smokey from the wild fires about 10 miles south of us it looks like fog . We need a good rain to clear the air

Old 06-05-2011, 01:20 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Today I did a Jackie Warner core workout, it is really a tough one, not just on the core muscles but my legs were protesting quite a bit too.

Hey Karla, I have some chunks of beef for kabobs marinating in the fridge, they'd be perfect for your new grill! Sounds like you got a fantastic deal too.

Not much going on around here, mh is out at the boat, they're going to take it to the regular marina and clean it some more and ...some other stuff?

Enjoy your day everyone.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:59 PM

LOL...never thought I'd be famous for potatoes!

Connie...love the icons.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 AM

ok I flunked the "Pattie Potatoes"

I am not sure where I went wrong, I am not sure if I used the wrong size they were a little smaller than golfballs or didn't boil them long enough
When I "smashed" them they sorta fell apart. at first I used the tater masher but pieces came through so I went for the flat surface of the meat tenderizer and gently pushed down
Were they suppose to be peeled first ? Maybe thats why they didnt smash right

Old 06-06-2011, 07:50 AM

Sorry you had problems with the taters, Karla.

You gently push down on the masher until the skins "pop" just a bit. The potatoes should be slightly flat on top and bottom with a little of the white part sticking out. You boil them first until they're "fork tender" which, to me, means as soon as you can get the fork into them. They shouldn't be cooked all the way, because you'll have them baking in the oven for a while more.

Don't give up - they're worth it!

Old 06-06-2011, 08:18 AM

oh lol I think I mashed too hard mine were like pancakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals