Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times

Advertisements

Today I danced and did some stretches. I seem to have made a little progress with the forward bend...but no discernable process with the splits or the dancer pose. Still trying. Waist is 33 and scale says 161 flabtacular pounds.

Did not run, but plan to run in the evening. Had banana bread with peanut butter and leftover stirfry for dinner. Did situps and side bends from the floor. Pretty easy. The muscles appear to be still there...covered by a lot of excess fat.

I wanted to be 156 by the end of the week. Is it even possible as it's already Wednesday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Hi, guys. Sorry I'm late. Busy morning - had to go to Costco to return some cereal. You know, I've always said I'd eat anything if it was sprinkled with cinnamon. Not this stuff. It was nasty. Since Costco has a guarantee on their Kirkland products, I brought it back and got a full refund. Nasty, nasty stuff.

I did manage 3 miles this morning, but it was a chore. Real high humidity this morning - the air was very heavy.

Just got back from the pool; had a good laugh with my pool pals.

Gotta run...it's almost cocktail time!

Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Hi everyone,

Welcome home Buzz. Glad you're home and wished you felt better.

Giving Lexi her second round of parvo and distemper shots today. She's growing up some.

Sorry to hear about the firefighters losing their lives. Sad to hear that. The fires continue in our part of the nation too.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Ooo, forgot to welcome Buzz back.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:34 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Glad that Buzz is home and that TT finally recognized him! Poor guy, what a welcome home. And thanks to you, Evey, he is on medication so he isn't in as much pain. You are such a good person!

Did the jackie warner 1 on 1 upper body again today. Didn't get to work out yesterday, but oh well.

Wow, hooligan, I have heard of someof the stuff you mentioned...ball, box, sit-ups. Guessing there's a bit more to it than what you've written!

Hello and welcome kinkytoes. I don't think there is a good way to lose that much weight by the weekend unless you are really retaining water or *ahem* constipated. Trying to put it delicately, don't go "Hollywood" diet and give yourself a colonic--or as us regular peeps call it, an enema.

Have a good day all. The wind is really kicking up here, think I have to go round up some more of our stuff!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Morning ladies

Well I checked with my insurance regarding the chiro there are 4 on the "provider list" one has been in practice for 58 years hmm do the math and yeah not real sure I want someone that "seasoned" the others that are close didn't answer when I called
So Hubby said why not call our Ortho doc that handled my shoulder a couple years back as well as when he had the surgery to remove the rod in his leg(remember that "fun" experience 3 years ago)
So I called and they had a cancellation so were able to get me in yesterday.
They did x-rays,he said nothing looked out of whack but it seemed to be spasming so he set me up with muscle relaxers some pain pills the 6 day course of oral cortisone ( I do NOT do shots) to get the inflammation in the area down and Physical Therapy. The PT has helped in the past and they do show you ways to strengthen the back.
I am trying to remember if part of the PT is massage that would be nice considering most of it is boring

Old 06-23-2011, 04:42 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Lol this should be interesting. Karla on pain meds doing physical therapy! I remember what those pills do to you

Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
lol Sandy I only take the muscle relaxer at night and haven't tried the pain pills yet advil seems to be handling things

I found out the cortisone pills and the heat are not a good mix. I had to go over to the Boys house yesterday and we were sitting on the patio chatting it was hot and I came home feeling nauseous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals