Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Yay it is Friday !!

I got payroll really early yesterday afternoon lol maybe it was because it was her b-day and she wanted to leave early

Physical Therapy isnt until 5 this afternoon it was the only apt they had
My back is feeling better maybe the combo of the cortisone pills & muscle relaxers have started working

I know part of the PT is exercises

They are saying 30 to 40 % chance of rain lol you know it will come as I have to head out to PT

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 05:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
I'm going to pack up and head over to Kim's. The kids have a wedding in Detroit and I am babysitting (going to be so much fun!). lol, if you don't hear from me over the weekend then the kids have tied me up and locked me in the closet

I'm going to search for the Yoga exercise again today, not sure how good my search is going to do me the kids found the channel yesterday. I really like it, some of the exercises were too hard for me to do but I think I can learn (and I think this will be something I won't get bored with). I have heard as you grow older something like yoga is good for you because it is easy on the bones (my sisters 68 year old friend has done yoga for years and honestly she looks younger than I do).

I plan on heading out about 12:00, stop at the book store and then head over to Kim's after that. The 80's is in our weekend forecast and I have a pool over there too

BBL!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Good morning, all.

Had every intention of walking this morning, but there was lightning all around us, so I chickened out. Took my first Lyrica yesterday and am feeling a bit light headed today, so maybe that's a good thing I didn't go. DH wants to know how that's different. Am currently looking for a nice, heavy mallet to use on him. So far, I'm feeling a bit less achy today, so we'll see if this works out.

Got 3/4" of rain last night. Yay!

Sandy, sounds like a good time. We'll send out the St. Bernards if you're not back online soon.

Karla, have fun at PT. I hope it helps and am glad you're feeling a bit better.

DH said it was going to be a quiet day today, but he's out there working around. Men. He cut all the wood chunks he'd brought home from the horticulture dump into big rounds. Some of the grain is gorgeous. He tried cutting wood from palm trees and gave that up - too difficult to cut thru. So he ran into the guy at the dump when he brought the first batch of it back and the guy said not to worry, he'd get the truck and come get it. How cool is that.

OK, think I'll mosey over to OOH, say hello and putter around here a bit. I'm starting to get my stuff together for my trip on the 6th. That's always fun.

Have a great day, all.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Am currently looking for a nice, heavy mallet to use on him.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard anyone say!

Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been to the barn this morning. We have hunted mouses, ridden my horse, done laundry, and completed our show prep for tomorrow. We stopped by to visit the cookie ladies on the way home. Shadow is now passed out on the sofa.

Much as I would like to join Shadow in a nap, I am getting ready to bake a cake. One of our kids is having a birthday and I am the official baker of birthday cakes. This one is going to be a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. The birthday girl does not care for frosting so I am going to use loaf pans to get one with frosting and one without.

Then I am going to take a nap.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 AM

I'll have a slice with frosting, please. LOVE cream cheese frosting!

You've been busy, Evey. Do you think Shadow could come visit us? We'd like her to have a chat with a couple of raccoons who've been making our lives miserable. On second thought...those raccoons can be nasty. I'd like to see if maybe C/D would let me borrow Chaos. He might scare them away.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Shadow is afraid of raccoons........

Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM

I always knew she was a smart dog.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
Good luck with the PT. I had a couple of injuries a few years ago, and I loved my PT. It was like a spa... My knees are still a bit effed, but I am avoiding surgery. I stayed up late last night and danced for several hours. Did abs, yoga and stretches. Today half-azzedly ran 1 lap and did some yoga. Appear to have lost 1/2 - 1 inch around the waist. I was rushing, so hopefully I didn't inadvertently suck in. Planning to run a couple of laps tonight.

I forgot to add my intake. I had whole wheat noodles for dinner last night with about 5 zucchini and a handful of beans from the garden. I was about 350 calories? I had a protein shake with frozen organic berries, really raw honey, milk and water. 150 calories?

Gotta shop for more frozen berries, protein and I'm on the last of the whole wheat pasta. Also...need to make bread. I think my family's going to visit me this weekend. The plan is to freeze bread.

Plans for the coming week:
Get up and do exercises at 8. Need to get out of the house earlier.
Run every day twice a day 2 laps. I slacked off last weekend w/ disastrous results.
Add more strawberries to my diet they have like no calories

Last edited by kinkytoes; 06-24-2011 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: Added dietary intake

Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 PM

I love strawberries. In season, I leave them on a bowl on the counter and eat them instead of "bad" stuff.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:08 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Hi everyone,

Did a bunch of housework today. Haven't been on the treadmill yet.

Karla, I hope PT gives you some relief.

Raccoons are cute but they can be mean when provoked.

Evey, as far as cake and frosting go, I love frosting. Yummy. That girl doesn't know what she's missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals