Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies

Heading out to breakfast in a bit

Then home to tackle the yard. With all the rain we had last week the grass is really high we are going to have to bag the clippings

I have to do some weeding and trimming back of a couple of things that have grown a little out of control

Hubby has to cut the whole strip steak we got at Sam's into steaks we should get about 10 nice thick ones then lol I get to use the suck-n-seal
Unless you all want to come over for dinner !!!!

Not sure what else the day will hold

There is another ball game on this afternoon though

What are you all up to ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 06:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,228,611 times
Great! BBQ at Karla's!

Sounds like you had a great dinner, Karla. I'd have eaten the spinach for you. Personally, I don't get why people go so crazy over creamed spinach. I think it's ok, but nothing to write home about.

Spent about an hour outside, sat and drank my coffee, talked to Mom, did a little garden pick-up, that sort of thing. It was a beautiful morning for that sort of thing. Now, I need to do a little housework, but not all that much.

Any plans for the 4th anybody???

Have a great day, all. CYL

Old 07-03-2011, 07:38 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,210,919 times
Morning!

It is a beautiful morning in MI too! Hopefully we will keep these wonderful blue skies all day!

Dinner sounded wonderful and I don't like cooked spinach either. Never had lobster mac and cheese, although my daughter tells me it is wonderful.

I have some house work to do and then out in the sun I go for a little reading. I tried to talk hubby into a little fishing yesterday but he said he was not feeling the best. I think his body is just ready for a rest and this is a perfect weekend for it.

BBL

Old 07-03-2011, 07:46 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,493,311 times
Nobody is going to church today?

Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,194,199 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have just gotten back from a very long walk on the Greenway. I would like someone to tell me why it is that on Sunday mornings she wants to take an extra long walk? How does she know it is Sunday? It is way to hot/humid for the walk we took. Poor thing had to lay down under a bush for a few minutes before she could get into the truck to come home. She did find me some nice black raspberries to pick. I am guessing that will be it for her today.

Me? I will be packing, which I managed to neglect yesterday.

We are having a small to-do out at my friend's mother's house tomorrow. Last I heard it was steak & crab legs. I have never had a steak at their house that was anything other than a perfectly cooked filet Mignon. I am looking forward to this.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 AM

Hey, Evey...do you need a date?? I'm free!

Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,194,199 times
LOL Pattie! C'mon up! Last time we had steaks it was Christmas Eve dinner. Filet with a red wine reduction (made with from scratch chicken & beef stock plus a $300 bottle of wine), blue cheese mashed potatoes, and perfectly steamed asparagus (one of only 2 green veggies that I eat). There was individual chocolate lava cake a la mode for desert. I have never had a bad meal at their house, or even a so-so meal. They have all been amazing.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Can't post right now...headed to Evey's..........

Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,067,987 times
pick me up on the way pattie !!!

Then we can go to Sandys for fishing
I love fishing and havent gone for years

Sandy the mac n cheese part is good. The lobster pieces are so big I can move them out of the way and I think they add it at the end so it doesn't "contaminate" the part I like

Hubby mowed I W/W did some weeding deadheaded the bee balm and cleaned up the cassia. I stripped off the leaves from 18" of the bottom of the branches to give it more of a crepe myrtle look

I wanted to trim the BA Holly tree but it got to hot so I might go out there first thing tomorrow morning

I use the reciprocating saw and it makes it so easy

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,508,554 times
WOW! That food sounds fantastic! Can I just show up with a cheese and crackers plate and act like i was invited?

Today I finally got a chance to work out, did a cardio/strength one and got a little sweaty!

Billy wrote to me that he's been eating a lot of girl scout cookies, someone sent in their names [the manifesto, he called it] to this thing called: Operation Gratitude and they ALL got goodies! Is that cool or what?!

Anyway, mh went out to the boat to spend the night, thank God. And I hope there is no popup thunderstorm out there or anything.

Karla, do they only have lobster mac and cheese and you have to pick the lobster out? I bet they do put it in at the end otherwise it would probably fall apart-I don't know, but an acquaintance of ours told us about a time when she was cooking some spaghetti noodles and watching out the window as some guy she used to date came over and was talking to her husband-they were friends, I guess. Anyway she said she was so nervous she kept stirring and stirring as she watched them out there, and when she looked down, all the noodles were dissolved! I think of that whenever I'm making them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals