Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:45 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday !!!

Busy day ahead

I got a really cool dwarf poinciana plant yesterday at the nursery
here is a picture of the flower it gets
File:Caesalpinia pulcherrima.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The leaves look like mimosa leaves
it is about 5' tall
So I need to run to Target this to get a pot (last week they were 50% off) since it will be living on the patio
I also need a few odds & ends

Home to close out last weeks paperwork & reconcile the deposits

I have the "ortho doc" follow up this afternoon I know he will be happy with how my back is doing
But I also want to ask him about my shoulder since the cortisone pills didn't help it as I was hoping. I did ask PT guy and he said "you really need to tell ortho doc" the burning feeling in the elbow I have been getting could be connected to to the shoulder pain. He said it is similar to "tennis elbow" and can be caused by a lot of computer mouse usage lol we all know I don't play tennis
I told him I was hoping to avoid this cause last time he wanted to give me a cortisone shot for it and thats not happening.

They are saying 50% chance of rain again today so hopefully we will get some so I don't have to hand water

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Good morning.

Karla- That plant is very pretty. I love the color of flowers unfortunately we are a long way off from the "pretty" work here

I am sorry to hear about you back, shoulder, and elbow. What happened? Can you do water therapy to easy the pain?

Do you know anything about wild blackberry plants? I have some that need to be tended to and I have no idea what to cut and what not to cut. I have pics if that will help

It looks like another hot day in the mountains.....yuck!!! I will have to also hand water my garden. I finished my story for today so that was good. After I work out and take a shower, hubby and I are going to his daughter's house...with a bunch of tools. We decided to do the job for her rather than lending our tools out. Of course while we are there, I'm sure she will find some extra things for us to do

Oh yeah..we might be ordering a pool table. I have been waiting for the stock cabinets at Lowe's to go on sale so hubby and I could build an Island in the kitchen. I don't need an Island but I love any extra storage. Anyway, my stepdaughter was at Lowe's and she called me telling me my cabinets were on sale. Cool...then hubby says for the same price we could put a pool table in and that would give us something to do when it is too hot to work outside. So now I have to research pool tables

Have a great day.

Last edited by ylisa7; 07-11-2011 at 06:33 AM..

Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,797 times
Morning!

Sitting here listening to thunder and watching lightening and a nice downpour, even with the rainy Spring we had here we need this rain. MI is nothing like the south, when we go a month without rain people freak........course we still have lots of farms in MI. Hopefully it will move out of here by 10 so I can go on my merry way.

Had a nice time visiting with my brother, and we will meet at Kim's again this afternoon to have pizza dinner. He came over about 6 pm had just gotten to the hotel, would not eat our leftovers, but opted for burgers at 9 pm. Tonight I won't give him the chance to refuse. He looks good but is opting for his chemo to be administered in Birmingham, the Kirkland Clinic is one of the best and affiliated with The American Cancer Centers, he is waiting to see what they need his doctor to send to them in order to begin chemo real soon. I feel bad, it is hard to get a diagnosis of cancer and to have it in your liver is not a good place

I'm going to let Morgan pick out my exercise today on Demand, she gets a kick out of exercising with me, I just have to tell her to go easy on me!

Gotta get, hopefully today you will be released from the doctor Karla and will only have one more section of PT, fingers crossed.

BBL

Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
Sandy, that sounds like quite the challenge having the GD pick your program! Good luck there!

Lisa, can't help you with the blackberry bushes, but if you have any excess berries, I"d be glad to help you out with that!

Karla,I love the poinciana trees. I bet a dwarf will be gorgeous.

Ooops...forgot to tell y'all what I'm doing.

Of course, I'm still on vacay, so no exercise.

Not sure what's going on today. I made that bread recipe this morning, but only 1/2 cuz mom doesn't have a big enough container to do a full one and, besides, I think that'll be enough for my short stay. Tomorrow a.m., I'll make some cinnamon bread with it.

Also tomorrow, we have to go to the hairdresser for mom's cut. She wants me to go so the lady can see my cut and do hers the same way. Great...now nobody'll be able to tell us apart!

In the afternoon, I'm headed to my former in-laws' for a visit. I always come see them when I'm here.

Wed. we go to my DH's hometown to pick up a chair that FIL fixed for my mother. We won't see DH's parents because they're another 2-1/2 hours away in Vermont and that's way too far for a day trip, especially since we just got back from Joisey.

We'll see 2 of my SIL's, tho.

That's all that's planned so far. I think today will be a quiet one. Thank goodness.

Have a wonderful day, all. I won't be on much, cuz mom gets bent if I spend too much time on the 'puter. And I did come to see her, after all. Hugs.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:35 AM

yay paperwork is done
I decided to do that first so everything is now recorded & reconciled

Lisa I have been having shoulder problems for a couple years last time the ortho doc sent me to PT and it cleared up for a while
It has been acting up the past couple months But I have been avoiding going back and been using advil

I wasnt sure if the same pruning we use here would work there so I was wondering if there was an extension center where you live and yup Univ of Tenn has a big one
here is the link
https://utextension.tennessee.edu/Pages/default.aspx
you can put any type of gardening issues in the search bar

here is what I found when searching blackberries
https://utextension.tennessee.edu/_l....tennessee.edu

Sandy I am glad you having a nice visit with your brother lol I am with him on leftovers !! not a fan
Birmingham must be popular for really good medical care CD went to a place there for his knee surgery last year

Patti I can't believe I didn't know about this tree until now
I can keep it dwarf by pruning I am probably best off getting it in a big pot to start so I won't have to repot it down the road

ok off to go wandering

Old 07-11-2011, 07:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,797 times
Karla, the UAB Health System is one of the best in my opinion! I have a condition that I was being treated for in NC and when I came to AL went there, all the difference in the world. The first doctor appointed to me there talked AT me instead of to me, I called my primary care doctor and said I want a second opinion, she sent me to a wonderful guy there and I was pretty sorry when I had to move. I think he will have state of the art quality care there, I would go if I were him. He lives in the backwoods in TN so the health care is good but SLOW, too slow for him and his wife.

GOt my exercise done, some low impact cardio work out, kills me they say low impact and it puts me into the huffing and puffing stage. Off to finish laundry and then get going.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Well, I fell off the wagon a little this weekend. Pulled an all-nighter drinking and dancing on Saturday. LOL slept til like 3 on Sunday. Drank FOUR glasses of wine, and I still have a headache.

Ran once over the weekend and obviously danced a lot to make up for general slothfulness and overeating/napping. I DID finish my T-bar arbor! It is only a LITTLE lopsided, but I put it together on Sunday and put in the cement/concrete (whatever) this morning.

I just posted how I hate DIY in the house forum, but I DIYed, and not like a top job, either. LOL anyway, I am HAPPY with the result, and will attempt to train the Keewee up it probably tonight.

Grossness ahead...read at your own risk...
Ok I weighed 165 this morning...then I pooed...159 eww. Waist is 33.25. Still fat. My saddlebags are a jiggling. So gross. If I haven't lost 5 lbs by the end of the week, I'm going to a strict 1500 calorie diet.

Did situps, also did the stretches for splits. No noticeable fitness progress. But when my mom saw me last, she did not tell me how fat I was LOL but that could be resignation.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 AM

Kinkytoes you want to make sure your eating enough calories

For years my sister ran 3 to 4 miles a day and was constantly exercising and dieting
She never lost weight it was because she was not eating enough. so her body held on to every calorie she took in acting like it wasn't sure it was going to get more food. After 2 years of me telling her this she went to a more balanced diet and the weight came off

Your body will adjust it's metabolism to the amount of calories it gets. I use 1 day a week usually on the weekend to eat what I want within reason this throws your metabolism a "curve ball" and will give it a kick start

Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,337,159 times
Hi everyone,

Had a fire last night outside of Timberon and the forest service is still trying to get it out. Thundering now. Hopefully, we'll get some rain out of that. Don't want any lightening. Apparently, that's the way the fire was started last night.
DId 30 minutes on the treadmill and some laundry. Also baked some banana bread.

Hoping the power doesn't go out and no more fire calls.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Kinkytoes you want to make sure your eating enough calories

For years my sister ran 3 to 4 miles a day and was constantly exercising and dieting
She never lost weight it was because she was not eating enough. so her body held on to every calorie she took in acting like it wasn't sure it was going to get more food. After 2 years of me telling her this she went to a more balanced diet and the weight came off

Your body will adjust it's metabolism to the amount of calories it gets. I use 1 day a week usually on the weekend to eat what I want within reason this throws your metabolism a "curve ball" and will give it a kick start
LOL Ooooh I eat enough. Now that my husband doesn't live with me, I have returned to eating a more wholesome diet. Less saturated fat and more veggies and fresh fruits. See how well I take advice

Actually my problem is that I stopped exercising and ate too much and I gained almost 50 pounds as a result. My problem was too little exercise and too much food. I also live in the suburbs now and have to go out of my way to exercise. I'm also surrounded by other fat people LOL, so I feel less pressure to look slim.

I agree about metabolism, but eating a lot is how I got so fat in the first place. Currently I'm probably at LEAST 1800 calories a day. I'll try to do some more weights (although god knows I don't need any more muscles ) to keep my metabolism up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals