Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

morning ladies
Well it was another "whacky" day here in nefl

I decided I don't like going to PT at 11:45 it is smack a** in the middle of the day
I got a call right as she started icing my shoulder from my manager yikes it was health inspector time
You know all I wanted to do was get home and watch on the video surveillance

lol so you know I kept "bothering" her calling to find out how things were going

Well yay everything looked good !!! The only thing is there is a light in the storage area that flickers and need fixing

The manager brought in a cake it was our prep cooks 3 yr anniversary
When reviewing her annual performance last week it appears she has not gotten a raise in 2 years
Well I took care of that
As well as putting our new asst manager on salary and a little increase for our current asst manager.
I discussed this with CD and he agreed that if they have been there for 3 or 4 years and are working very hard for us they need to be rewarded
lol I guess I was the "fairy godmother" yesterday

Finished up everything around 5:30
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 05:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Evey - Sounds like some amazing things are going to be at the Auction
How are you avoiding not buying some of the stuff from them before
I checked SW doesn't fly into the other 2
The Indy airport is about the same distance from my house to Daytona Heck I can rent a car
I am going to keep my eyes on the specials they email me and if I see a really good rate I may show up
I have a freind that lives in Indy so hmmmm

Lisa- hubby came home and said it was a little warm out there the last few holes. lol ya think !!! his golf shirt was soaked even the dogs wouldn't go near it
Hey thanks for the blower suggestion !! I can follow hubby with ours while he is mowing ok lol that will make the neighbors talk

of course I had to google the track hoe !!! OMG I want to play with that
rofl I would of been figuring ways to "bribe" them to at least let me sit in there with them while using it and once in there well !!!!!

Pattie - I am with you on cleaning the fronts of the cabinets especially since ours are white
I also noticed what good shape our roofers were in hmm maybe we all need to hang out with a roofing crew for a couple weeks
lol roof boot camp !!!
Are you taking pictures !!!

Sandy - it sounds like the girls really enjoyed camp. Are the kids from the same area and close enough that they can keep up the friendships on weekends ?

I am glad your shoulder is doing better
Next week I get more strengthening exercises and I will share them

Kinkytoes - I am with Sandy pool upkeep is expensive my boss had one and unless your really consistent you have to get a pool service to do the weekly maintenance. Especially if it is salt water
Water to keep it at the required level can add tons to your water bill
The "boys" were not aware the extra water & ele that having a pool woudl cost them
It is probably close to $300 a month
A friend of mine was looking into putting one in he had quote for a basic pool that was $30k and the fancier bigger one was close to $50k needless to say he is not sure he wants to spend that kind of money

Being a at pool is like being on the dance floor, folks are always concerned that everyone is looking at them but in reality the folks there are also thinking the same thing so they are not looking around

Old 07-29-2011, 05:35 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Karla-What kind of restaurant does CD own? Did I get that right?

kinkytoes-I'm with Karla and Sandy on having your own pool. It is very costly to put it in and maintain it. We have had a couple in FL and I hate them. Better off finding one somewhere else and pay for using it. If you are uncomfortable you can always wear a t-shirt. And truthfully many of the people exercising at pools don't look like they are in their 20's and weigh 120. It's just not so.

Now if you ever want to see people comfortable with their own bodies, just go to a nude beach. There are so many different shapes and sizes and they don't care. I gotta give them credit for not being subconscious with their natural state

Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Sandy, what are you canning? Enjoy the dinner today. It's funny how little girls can wrap grampa right around their pinkies, isn't it??

Old 07-29-2011, 06:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Ooops....didn't notice there was a page 2!

No pictures, Karla. There was a different woman on the crew yesterday - a little younger, VERY pretty and also quite toned. Hmmm.... I wonder why DH was working outside all day yesterday........

Lisa, he owns a chicken place, kinda like Popeyes.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:58 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
The girls already know some of the kids, they are from the school they attend and Morgan actually is in class with her bff. Maddie is shy and usually tends to stick with ones she knows, in this case the little boy that she has grown up with and his friends. lol, during one of the games they were playing one of the boys hugged her instead of tackling her!

We are going to begin with salsa and stewed tomatoes. I want to make some spaghetti sauce and can it but I can always get my tomatoes from the farmers market and just do that for me. I want to teach Kim how to do the simple dishes on canning and then next year she can expand on what she wants to prepare. She has already gotten a years worth of frozen jam done and is beginning on green beans, blanched and frozen. Not sure what else she wants to put up this year but lots of MI produce is available now.

Dang Evey I wish I had some real money I would be down in a heartbeat to attend this auction!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Yep I guess goggles and chlorine removing shampoo are cheaper than a pool . Still haven't looked for one though...it is on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals