Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies

I am meeting with the woman I teach with so we can plan this years school project
The kids go back on the 22nd but we don't start until after Labor Day
this gives the teachers & kids time to settle in
They usually shift kids around to balance the class size

I have been picking up odd & end school supplies when I see them really cheap with the back to school sales
Last year they ran out of a lot of things (notebook paper pencils etc)and being a "low economic" school (there is over 65% free lunches) the parents don't have the money to buy for the kids and we all know the teachers don't have the money

I have a friend that works at a local office place and when they have the 10 cent pack of pencils he lets me buy 10 instead of the 2 the ad allows

I have to close out last week paperwork and then do my PT exercises

Thats my"exciting" day what will yours be like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

Whoooo-hoooo! I have internet at my house! What an amazing feeling! There was an extra something that was not being used at my friend's mother's business that they are paying a monthly fee for until the contract is up so they sent it here for me to use until the guy can get out here to set up the permanent whatever. I know that sounded highly technical, but I was not really paying that much attention when they were setting it up last night.

Karla, you can often find school supplies at the dollar store.

I have just crawled out of bed and am sipping a mug of tea. In a few minutes I will jump through the shower, take Shadow for a walk, then hit the barn to do a couple of massages. I was hoping to have been up a little earlier to try and beat the heat, but......

Project for the day will be assembling my desk. It is a big hulking monster of a thing and had to be disassembled to move. When I took it apart in December I could most likely have put it right back together, but that was 9 months ago. I found the hardware yesterday. The last couple of times I have put it together there has been an extra piece, kind of like working on the car.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning!

Our wonderful little dollar store here has "stuff the backpack" going on through the summer to help in need children. Everytime I go in there I contribute a dollar or two to get the bags filled.

Not sure what today will bring. I know I have about 5 resumes to send out and some cleaning and finish laundry. I'm going to exercise to the tv people today and have the girls exercise with me (always good for a laugh). I might just make up some brownies for my little girls too, they loved the snickerdoodles we had last week.

Wow let me tell you the wonderful tomatoes I got at the farmers market Saturday. They are big, bright red and so wonderfully sweet, we are all eating them like they are a snack. I just might have to can a few jars of them for us over here too.

lol we were posting at the same time Evey. I know what you mean about putting things back together, hubby does that too Me I take packing tape and tape the screws, nails, bolts, etc right by the leg or backing it needs to go with (it does help when putting it back together Is your house two story?

Gotta get and wake up a bit, see all later.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning ladies.

Karla- There are great deals coming of for school shopping. There is also the tax free holiday.

Sales Tax Holidays

Evey-Good luck with the desk. It's always harder when it isn't fresh in the mind.

Sandy-Yum...maybe some BLTs

Hubby is down with the back hoe driver. They delivered some huge rocks/boulders here yesterday and they dropped one right in the middle of our driveway Thankfully it wasn't on the new pavement.

Just the usual today. I have a lot to do but nothing exciting.

Oh hey...I got a new gadget..actuall my hubby talked me into it. I needed a new can opener "that worked". I was looking online and picked one out then hubby says you should get that new one that cuts the side of the can on top and doesn't leave any jagged edges. The can opener never touches the food. It is neat how it cuts a can open with only one handle. You don't even see it cutting it. MY only gripe is it is a little hard to turn so if you have arthritis in your hands it wouldn't be good.

It's called a Safety Lid Lifter by Kuhn Rikon.
Amazon.com: Kuhn Rikon Auto Deluxe Safety Lid Lifter, Red: Kitchen & Dining

Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Yes, this house is a 2 story and I have to say that it is the scariest set of stairs I have ever seen. Not that they are in bad shape, but each step is very narrow and they are tall from step to step. Now that they have taken all of the stuff from upstairs I will set up a guest room up there. I know I do not want to try those steps when I wake up at 3 in the morning and have to pee, dodging cats along the way.

The trouble with my desk is not really the hardware, but there are MANY pieces. Lots of opportunity to mis-attach or not know what goes somewhere.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:52 AM

rofl I am going to have to hide my eyes I see Tomato talk !!!

Whew just finished a bunch of work calls
Had a lovely chat with our accountant to figure out how to start on the setting up of the non-profit CD wants to have to help underprivileged kids

While I think it is a great idea now you know another reason I am glad he is going back to "work" less time to come up with "projects" or "hey K this guy is going to be calling you"

Lisa - I may have to check that can opener out ours is beyond old and I have to start & stop it constantly. I like the non jagged edge thing too they always scare me

Evey - thanks for the tip on the dollar store
and yay on the internet
lol I am always describing things as whatits & thingamabobs

I think companies hire someone on purpose to put in extra pieces just so you have left over parts and go crazy thinking
"what did I miss"

Old 08-02-2011, 07:53 AM

ps.s Evey go to the dollar store or walmart and get the cheap bottles of different color nail polish (yellow red pink green etc)
that way you can color code the pieces to where on the desk they go for the next move

Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Good idea Karla!

I know what type of stairs you are talking about Evey and I would not want to be treading on those types either!

I have one of those can openers and they do not get dull like the other type do, I bought it when Maddie was little, about one, and I was afraid that she would get cut if she touched the tops of the cans. Mine works like brand new 8 or 9 years later, it is a good buy Lisa.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
for the next move
Bite. Your. Tongue.

There will be NO MORE MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:35 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Gggrrr...I just had a lllloooonnnnnng post all written and lost it somehow. Grrrr

Anyway....did my 2 miles, with 20 min. weights in between.

Can't sit and chat...got an appt. this afternoon w/our finance guy and I want to get my questions written. CYL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals