Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times

Advertisements

Hmm. Wonder what could be wrong with her. Why do you say she's a full-blown alcoholic?

Today I did a ~~26 minute cardio/strength training workout, I think those really get the best results. This one she give you a little break, called active recovery, between rounds. Thank God!

Time to hop in the shower.

Have a good one ladies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 02:54 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
I'm not sure I understand your question, Connie. I guess it's because her mother (who also lives in the community but may not even know she's here - they're estranged) and Doug both have said she has a major drinking problem.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:03 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Lisa... two thumbs up!!!

Well another beautiful day here in the north. I've been pulling cherry toms almost every other day and keeping my neighbors happy! I can't eat them all!
I have at least 10 pounds of cherry tomatoes on my counter. I have been using them to make salsa..it's really easy.

My stepdaughter also just sent me a recipe to use them up.
Simple Cherry Tomato Pasta | Macheesmo

Thank you everyone for the congratulations. It's a slow process but as long as it is steady I'm happy

Old 08-11-2011, 05:19 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Wow Lisa that sauce looks wonderful.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question, Connie. I guess it's because her mother (who also lives in the community but may not even know she's here - they're estranged) and Doug both have said she has a major drinking problem.
Oh, I just wondered why you said that. There was an article in the paper today about a 5 year old who was out in a corn field, looking for his brother who he thought was lost. He crossed the enitre 40 acre field--life flight was out doing an aerial search, people were going through row by row looking for him a cop finally found him near the perimeter of the field all the way across from where he started, looking for his 'lost brother.' A CORN field-ugh my God, that scares the crap out of me just thinking about it.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
morning ladies

Yay Pattie on not having to do the Jury Duty. Though as hot as it has been and if the courtroom is nicely A/Cd it could be a nice place to hang out for a couple of days as long as it was an interesting case.

So the BF Dad lives there and her Mom also lives in the neighborhood isn't wacky Mom afraid she may run into her Mom while tooling around on the golf cart. I am telling you, you should write a script and send it in
Most Reality shows seem "scripted" and you can't make this drama up.
You could become rich & famous !!!

Sandy- I am glad you were able to change primarys.
I bake the fried ravioli though I bet they would be even better if in the deep fryer
I have one I got on sale a few years ago but have never taken it out of the box.
Call me weird but I don't like to do deep frying in the house. I don't like the fryer smell that seems to get on everything if the oil gets to hot.
I guess I could set it up on the patio

Lisa - Thanks I am going to share the recipe with my "girls day friend"

Connie - lol I am with you on cornfields A relative use to have one and I would never go in because I was afraid of the creepy crawly slithering thigns I just knew were in them.

I got a call yesterday around 1 from Hiroko asking if I wanted to go for a ride to the Navy exchange. She doesn't like driving over the bridge so I go in case I need to drive home
Rofl we had such a good time she is a hoot
She is a 78 yr old 4'11" dynamo
I got some great speed walking in while we zoomed around the exchange.
I did pick up a few things at good prices.
She decided we missed most of the traffic so she would drive home
rofl I don't think I have ever made it back from that side of town so fast
Maybe it was because she was hauling at 75 -80 mph
As we got on the bridge she saw a cop in the left lane and said "Once he goes by we will get behind him and we can go as fast as he is" Then she said "see look there are cars passing us so we are fine"

I hope I have half her spunk & energy at her age

Old 08-12-2011, 05:23 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Karla-I also don't like the oil smell. It must be from all of my restaurant years, lol. I cook most stinky things like fish outside Hey..isn't that what toaster ovens are for Of course I don't have a toaster oven here but I use one in FL.

Hiroko sounds like a blast.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Connie, I hear you. I was upset all day over the little guy. UPDATE: My friend Chris hasn't heard from the GF's mother in months. Didn't she have a message on her machine from her yesterday? "Say, I hear there's company in your cul-de-sac....you know who I mean....call me." Chris said she's not calling her.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:14 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Oh man, if that was my daughter and my grandson I would be over there, no invitation needed. But then again I think I have a different relationship with my kids than she has with hers, hummmm I guess my kids are different than hers are too.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 PM

Oh, I'm not afraid of creepy crawly things in cornfields, I'm afraid of getting lost (and monsters!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals