Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Friday !!!!!!!

Got payroll yesterday so I will be heading to the bank early then home to do my PT exercises

MIL is coming around noon we are going to wander around then Hubby is going to grill steaks for dinner

Not sure if she is going to spend the night I guess it depends on if we finish dinner before it gets dark. She doesn't like driving back over the bridge at night.
The guestroom is still nice & clean from her last visit lol I haven't been using it as a dumping spot

It is suppose to be a little cooler with the expected temp of 96 & H/I only 105

Where for art thou Fall !!!!

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Good morning.

Karla- Have fun with your MIL.

Just sitting here with my coffee hoping my headache will go away.

Nothing planned yet...hubby is still sleeping and the dog is in her bed snoring. Must be nice

If anyone can see it there is a Meteor Shower tonight. It is supposed to start at 9:30pm est and go through until the early morning hours.

Have a great day!!

Old 08-12-2011, 06:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Morning!

Morning walk out of the way and I am job hunting after I post this, then I will find some sort of tv exercise on demand. I am hoping for an easy yoga type but seem to have lost the one I was working out to.

Last nights walk did not happen, Bob got working on the old lawnmower we have and it kinda turned into an all night thing. It was missing and he thought all it needed was a new spark plug, got new spark plug and it was still messed up, anyway at one point the whole thing kinda went "boom" and white smoke was pouring out and engulfed him and the little mower. Maddie was beyond herself, she was riding her bike toward the house and one minute Grandpa was there and the next all she could see was smoke and nothing else. Grandpa was fine, lawnmower is done for, lol it was a very cheap one we bought in NC and it honestly lasted more years than I thought was possible! Anyway by the time he got done with that mess it was too late to walk and I was already in my pj's.

Gotta get and send out those resumes (looks like slim pickings on the job front today tho). Have a good day all.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:42 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I took the Big Walk this morning.

And a fine morning for walking it is. It is currently 71 degrees with a light breeze and low humidity, on the way to 81 this afternoon. It has been awesome the last couple of days to have lows in the 50's and high in the 70's. they are calling for rain tonight and tomorrow, with some more 70's for a couple of days after. We kind of jumped straight from winter to summer here, with very little spring. This taste of fall is nice to have, especially after last month's insane heat.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Did an early workout today since mh is getting off early for his dr's appt. Only problem is, he never got in touch with the dr when he moved his practice, so he doesn't have a dr's appt. Wonder whose fault that will be...

Anyway, I did a kickboxing workout that included weights and a medicine ball-or in my case, just a heavy plate from weights. Wasn't too bad, thought it would be harder, just realized there was no kicking! No wonder.

Have a good day all. Cool, thanks for the tip about the meteor shower! If the mosquitos aren't too bad, maybe I'll check it out, but as of late they are terrible!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Karla, have fun w/MIL. Have you recovered from your adventure yesterday w/Hiroko???

Hey, Lisa. They said it might be difficult to see the meteors with the moon being full and all. I love watching them.

OMG, Sandy! That would have made a great scene in a sitcom!

Evey, I'm really jealous of your weather. It was like walking in a sauna this morning...still got my 3 miles in, tho.

Connie, my BFF just emailed me and asked why it is that the ability to hear one's mate disappears at the wedding. It's a guy thing, I swear.

Had our own road trip today. Went to Naples for a bit, stopped at a couple of cooking stores - Williams/Sonoma and Sur la Table and then to Whole Foods. Came home, stopped at BB&B and picked up a couple of things that would have cost us double at the other places. Of course, I had more than enough coupons for all 3 items, so that helped. Stopped at Publix and came out into a down pour. DH waited outside in the car. He pulled up to the sidewalk when he saw me coming out, but even with only about 3 feet from the sidewalk to the car, I looked like I'd fallen into the pool. I was drenched! Made dinner and watched a movie - really enjoyed it - "The Next 3 Days" w/Russell Crowe. Quite the on-the-edge-of-your-seat movie. I don't know, there's just something about Mr. Crowe. Love them bad boys............

Have a great evening, all. See you tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Morning ladies

Wow we had a "humdinger" of a storm come through late yesterday afternoon
The lightening eased up enough so hubby could go out & grill around 7:30

And sure enough as we were finishing eating the power went out
lol MIL finished eating by flashlight

Good thing I had the netbook with the aircard. I was able to go online and and see when they expected to have it fixed they said 11:57 But yay it came back on at 10:45 Just as it started getting warm in the house

We were all up talking until after 12

lol so guess who just got up

I am going to go hurry up and get todays thread started before MIL gets up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals