Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,045,180 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Heading out to walk in about 30 mins

todays going to be challenging
I have to go and do a presentation at the new M. gardener training class orientation this morning. I am going to see if I can convince some of the new trainees to help us with the Junior M. Gardener program.
When I went through my training 2 years ago I gained 5 #s
everyone brings snacks and goodies
I know there is going to be at least 3 or 4 dozen nice fresh donuts.
sigh I love nice fresh donuts
because of the meeting today will be my day off from the gym.
I also will be meeting a friend for lunch to discuss some projects.

why do I see todays ability to avoid "bad" food going to "hell in a handbag"

lol so who will be first today to get their exercises completed.

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 03:57 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,262,787 times
It will not be complete right this instant, but i will walk.

Right now, my walks are not of exercise, but they are journeys. They go into the unknown and bring me out with insight.

No more pedometer, just my feet, myself, and the walk.

Of course, i get exercise from it. I say evey does the thread, you take me to Alaska...

Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,175,007 times
Well, I was ready to go walk my dog, but she politely declined to participate this morning. She helped me put my shoes on, came with me to the door, and then planted herself.

Karla, I was told that the key to successful dieting is to go right ahead & have a donut if you want one so that you don't feel deprived and then suddenly need to eat a whole box of donuts to satisfy the craving. Eat one, enjoy the heck out of it, and then go right back to watching what you eat.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Well, I was ready to go walk my dog, but she politely declined to participate this morning. She helped me put my shoes on, came with me to the door, and then planted herself.

Karla, I was told that the key to successful dieting is to go right ahead & have a donut if you want one so that you don't feel deprived and then suddenly need to eat a whole box of donuts to satisfy the craving. Eat one, enjoy the heck out of it, and then go right back to watching what you eat.
rofl evey "she declined to participate" that is a classic line

well now see I am goign to have to eat a donut now

better take the pepic ac now though donuts have a way of giving me heartburn.

walk complete it was thick out there
hopefully we will get some rain today
I am so looking forward to the 60's which will be the temps in Alaska

ok off to shower and head out to the "donut meeting" lol

karla

Old 08-15-2007, 07:56 AM

72,345 posts, read 18,164,555 times
Ah...those crisy cream donuts Not today

Let us know about the meeting later,karla!

Evey,good to have that food journal,maybe I can see if I like others and adopt them

robyn,you are doing great,have courage!

Going out now before it becomes really muggy

----izzy

Old 08-15-2007, 08:13 AM

72,345 posts, read 18,164,555 times
Hey karla,foma,evey,I started a thread in the relationship forum, Who would you choose,.... I mentioned your names,check it out, it would be fun! see where it leads to.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:32 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,081,470 times
Hello everyone,

My morning walk with Chloe is done. Just watching this crazy stock market now!!!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 AM

omg they had no donuts I forgot they don't have food at the orientation
when the classes start is when the food begins.
sigh and I was so looking forward to them.
oh well now I won't feel so guilty when I go out to lunch with my friend

I was so excited when I got to the meeting the 2 directors both said "you have lost weight"
I guess since I see myself every day I can't tell

oops my friend is here so I better go eat

later
karla

Old 08-15-2007, 11:45 AM

986 posts, read 2,803,468 times
I went to the gym this morning...I have a Bone density scan today..I sure hope my bones are ok!! Have a great day everyone...I am headed to the food journal later on. Boy it is making me think about what I eat during the day, since I am writing it down for all to see!!!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,497,161 times
Oh, gee Karla, all that worrying about donuts probably got you thinking that you were just gonna have to have one, and then there were none! I'd be p*ssed!!! Well, I did a short but intense little workout, and now it's time to feed my face.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 08-15-2007 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: removed rotten donut recollection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals