Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times

Advertisements

Good morning, gang.

Once again, my exercise plans have been thwarted by Mother Nature. Oh, well, there's always tomorrow. She'd best stop this, tho, because I don't want this to mean that Lazy Susan can come here to stay.

Well, we haven't had a "free day" in a while. In honor of all the talk about fudge the last couple of days, why don't we declare tomorrow a free chocolate day where chocolate has no calories?

Karla....if you're out there....I hope your PT session went ok yesterday.

So what are your plans for the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 05:15 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
morning ladies
I was going to post in both yesterday & todays thread, but i am putting myself in "time out"

PT was interesting I guess it went ok if you don't count the fact that I almost threw up on her 3 times
I was so nauseous we had to stop a few times
she changed my bandage from the B/A football player pad to just 3 band-aids

she moved my arm to test the range of motion and gave me 3 stretches I have to do them 3 xs a day

When I got home there was a work issue that I couldnt avoid so I was tied up with that all day and yes I over did it
I am having lots of pain this morning

I know I know you can all yell at me since hubby has

PT lady said I can get on the computer and type for no longer than 5 mins at a time

and I certainly exceeded that yesterday
so hence the time out

Off to get the frozen peas to ice my shoulder

oh lol I am excited because I am going to have hubby tape plastic over the incision and I am going to stand in the shower

Old 08-30-2011, 05:22 AM

Oh, that first shower is wonderful - enjoy!

Hang in there, girlfriend...give yourself time to heal. Remember..you've had some major work done on your body.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Pattie- Good morning. Do you have an exercise room in your community to use on rainy days?

Ooh a chocolate free day Don't I wish...I'd probably make myself sick.

Karla-It's good to see you now you better get some rest. Sorry about the pain and nausea. Is the nausea from the pain pills?

Good luck with the shower. I had both of my bunions operated on at the same time....and the tub was quite a trick. I also wore 2 plastic baggies tied over my feet when it rained. I was such a fashion statement, lol.

Hubby and I are winding down. We want to be relaxed for our trip through VA and to NY. We, mostly hubby, finally finished the prep and body work on the shipping container. If there is no wind today we are going to paint it. Hopefully we don't get green paint on the new sealed drive or the solar panels

Have a great day!!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Lisa I swear you two would put the energizer bunny to shame!

Karla, really, really take it slow today, doctor's do know what they are talking about.

Pattie I have already been for my walk, and well.........Sunday was my chocolate day being as I made no bake cookies. Gulp I hate to say how many I ate! Have to have my blood drawn for the doctor and I am sure the cholesterol is up there..........thanks to ice cream

House is quiet, kids are off for their first day. They were excited, but Morgan (youngest @ 8) would not eat the sweet rolls I made for their first day of school. She is the eater of the two and so I know she was a little unsettled about the first day of school, not Maddie tho, she has been waiting for this day for a month now!

My brother has his cat scan today to see how the cancer is reacting to the chemo. It will be a long couple of days until we find out the results. I guess that is one thing good about living in small towns, the results should be in fast!

Gotta get, you know the routine.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:35 AM

Hi, Lisa.

We do have an exercise room where I do the weights, but it's really small. There are 2 treadmills, but they're usually occupied. Besides, I really prefer walking outside. On the days I do weights, I walk to the clubhouse, which is just one mile, do the weights, then walk back.

When do you leave on your trip?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:37 AM

Sandy, we were posting at the same time, so I didn't see you there.

No bakes....OMG, I LOVE them. Send me some, will ya, please, huh???

Fingers, toes, knees and eyes crossed for your brother's results.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Lol Pattie I messed up and put almond extract in instead of vanilla, they are still good just kinda interesting

Oh I forgot to tell you I made your tomato, cuke, celery salad, wow is it ever good!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 AM

Glad you liked it, Sandy. I bet the almond extract would give the fudge a little extra "something".

Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Hi everybody,

Just dropping in to say hi.
Karla, take it easy. Yes, the first shower is the greatest. I had to wait 2 weeks for mine when I had surgery. Washing up is okay but nothing like a shower.

Chocolate - anytime, anyplace - nothing like having a piece of chocolate in your mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals