Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies

It is labor day so everyone needs to take the day off

It is suppose to be 94 today so summer is back

Not sure what we have on the agenda
But the steak we were going to make last night will be grilled tonight

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 05:35 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Happy Labor Day all!

Humm nothing on my list of things to do today. Max and I just got back from our walk and I am going to sit and watch the news, mop the kitchen floor and finish up the laundry.

Temperatures are wonderful here, 50 right now with a high of 60 today, pure heaven after Thursday at Kim's without air!

Karla how is your shoulder now? Pattie I do not remember that your SIL is raising her grandchildren wow how old are they? I guess you do what you gotta do!

Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Happy Labor Day!!!

Hi Karla and Sandy.

Pattie- Yeah..I do not know how older people can handle raising young children. More power to them. I couldn't do it. I am too set in my ways and routines

Good morning!!! Looks like the storm is on the way. We are under a flash flood warning until tomorrow and are expected to get 6-8 inches of rain by tomorrow. On a good note our high today will be 70

What a crazy busy day yesterday. We watched out granddaughter from 8am until 1. Since she has so much energy we decided to make it work for us So we all washed the van, washed the Jeep, and washed the dog. She had more fun throwing suds on me and playing with the hose, lol. We did a huge "State" puzzle on the pool table, made cookies, made fresh lemonade, and then took a walk. It was a good day and she had fun.

Last night we went to the potluck. Thankfully the weather held out even though it looked really bad. It only rained a couple of times towards the end of the night. We had a great time and knew more people than expected. The food was great and the desserts..oh my the desserts There was fresh grape pie, varied cheesecake, chocolate trifle, tiramasu cupcakes, key lime pie...and many other assorted breads, cookies, pies and cakes.

Wow...we ran into the woman who does our hair and she looked INCREDIBLE. We just saw her in June but she started eating right and walking. She eats 1500 calories a day of healthy foods and walks 2 miles most days. In three months she has lost 45 pounds. I am so happy for her. She was a different person

It is a dark and dreary morning here. I have no idea what is on the agenda but hubby is already chomping at the bit to go away. I told him we have to wait for the weather to get better....which is looking farther and farther out

I have to get back on the treadmill after missing the weekend days

Have a great day!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 05:53 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Wow Lisa the potluck sounds good!

One of my friends from NC lost all sorts of weight, humm think her total loss was 70lbs, and I can't remember the inches she lost but she looks great. She made a lifestyle change by going on the WW diet and has helped her husband's diabetes numbers while at it. I admire someone that can make that type of change and stick with it!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Good morning, all, and happy Labor Day.

I ruined most of my progress in one day, thanks to our little cookout. We had burgers, brats and dogs (I had a brat with onions and peppers), mac salad, chips, corn on the cob, fresh veggies and brownies. I think I ate half the brownies.

Sandy (as I was typing this, I realized you have the same name as my SIL!), to make a long story short, she has a daughter who is a druggie. Her older boy is about 10 or 11 and looks and sounds exactly like his mom. The twins are 3. She has been in and out of their lives so many times, it's like the kids live behind a revolving door. She would drop them off at her mother's house, say she's going shopping and, 3 months later, turn up in France with some man. Or just show up on the front steps one day like she'd been gone a half hour. Finally, they got custody of the older boy and have officially adopted the twins. It's sad and it's hard to be raising 3 kids in their mid 60's. SIL's a nervous wreck. And I don't agree with the way she's raising them, but that's not my call. She seems to swat their butts for very little reason and I saw them trying to hit her. She told me one of them went thru the biting stage so she bit him, which stopped the biting, but I don't agree with that at all. She sounds so much like her mother and you all know about that.........

'Nuff said. I didn't want to turn this into a rant. Sorry.

So.........I sent Lazy Susan off with them when they left yesterday and did my 3 miles this a.m. So I'm back on track. I'm going to give most of the brownies to neighbors so I'll be away from them and I gave Sandy the chips so they're gone.

Have a great day, all.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:49 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

And what a glorious fall morning it is! Currently 51 on the way to 67 this afternoon. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we were in the upper 90's and setting heat records. Tonight we will be in the 40's.

My critters are all wild this morning. Shadow & TT have been outside chasing cicadas. When one of them catches one the other will come & steal it, then they have a small battle to see who gets the prize. It is too cute.

When I finish my tea I will jump through the shower, get dressed, and go for a nice long walk. I am thinking I might take Shadow into town and walk on the Greenway this morning just to be different. She has only been off the property twice since we moved out here.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:33 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Don't know what's planned for here today, but it's ch-ch-chilly. BOO. Mh is out playing with his new toy, he got an air compressor to run a pneumatic nailer. No, Karla, you can't come and play with it, I already asked. haha

Gotta run, have a good day everyone.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
No, Karla, you can't come and play with it, I already asked. haha
Hahahahahahahaha! Too funny!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:42 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Hahahahahahahaha! Too funny!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday.
Sorry...I wasn't on yesterday. Happy belated!! Was it a good one?

Old 09-05-2011, 09:44 AM

It was. I was surrounded by good friends and cupcakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals