Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,042,431 times

Advertisements

We can't wait to hear all about seeing Captain Billy

Today is school day and it is kind of fitting that today the kids are making "Thank you Hugs" for our soldiers as Connie is on her way to welcome back a group of them.

This should be our last hot day, I had to turn the A/C on yesterday. lol Heat - A/C -heat-A/C I think my system must be very confused

Spoke to the TV people they are going to replace the new set and yay they will deliver it take the one off the wall and put the replacement one back up

It will be a longer than if we took it back to Costco but this way I don't have to find folks to help

lol we have been rotating neighbors to help with the lifting of the Tv and the lathe

Whats going on in your part of the world ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 05:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,205,151 times
Yep Connie have fun!!!

Karla did I miss something, what is wrong with the TV? And is the lathe hubby's latest tool? Is it heavy?

Waiting until the sun comes out for walk! I can see some light out there just not enough for me! Then it will be work at 11.

Nothing else on my list of Wednesday things to do. See everyone later.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,211,032 times
That must be one big lathe, Karla. Yeh, I didn't know you were having tv problems either.

We're having dishwasher issues. I used it the other day to do a quick rinse and it decided that, even tho I asked it to do "normal wash", it would just do quick rinse. Guess it liked that. I'm watching it now to see if it does a real wash. So far so good. Otherwise, it'll get put to pasture.

I did about 3.5 miles this a.m. HUbster's out there now, so I don't know yet how far he's gone. He's really hanging in with this.

OK, gotta run. Another busy day - beautification committee meeting this a.m. Tomorrow, I have an early dr's appt. and then have to take the new friend who bought a house after meeting me on CD around so she can get her bearings.

Have a good one.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM

Evening all!

Wow we are getting low on bodies with Lisa in FL, Connie gone, Sue can't connect to CD, and Evey working, not to mention Cheryl staying too busy I did get my walk in tho before getting ready for work.

So at work today and am putting clothes away, the never ending job, and I run into the Loss Prevention gal who gave us our orientation talk and she asks which register is 11 in dresses. Duh I am not sure I though our registers were 47 and 48! So she walkes over to our registers and leaves passing me again on her way through and said "register closest to us is 11 (in dresses) and it had an illegal return yesterday that I am investigating. So I go back and tell this to Roxanne (who I worked with yesterday) and she freaks and now we are both wondering what an illegal return could be and if it was us or nights. Man I wish she had never said anything, worried is what I am and for the life of me I can't figure out how anyone could return anything that they did not buy and if they did how was it done. Sigh.........retail has so many frauds I just can't figure it out!!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 05:18 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,173,237 times
Hey peeps!

LOL Sandy! My absence has more to do with wireless internet than it does with work. Lately when I can connect at all things usually time out because it is so blasted slow. The neighbors who provide me with internet are frustrated with it as well (good thing, I hate complaining about free stuff) and are considering upgrading to 4G. I am tickled that it is working at something close to reasonable speed this evening, although it seems to have trouble with CD more than any other site I use.

So, yes I have been busy with work. And PE/lessons. Shadow is relentless in her need to explore, and I was overjoyed to get a text from one of the college kids today asking if she could borrow Shadow for a running partner today. Yep, sure can! They both had a ball and apparently will be going running every Wed afternoon, which will give me a much needed break.

Miss you guys!

Old 11-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Sandy, did anyone take back underwear? Maybe that's the kind of illegal she's talking about. Many states won't allow returns on underwear or bathing suits.

Evey, that is so cool that Shadow now has a running pal. Miss you, too.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:55 PM

Not that I can remember Pattie, but more than half of our transactions are returns, and we stay really busy all day long. Makes sense with underware but now that you say that I just took in a bra today for a return! Hummmm it had all it's tags on it......

Evey good to see you!!! I'm glad Shadow had a running partner and went easy on you today/tonight. With it getting dark out so early I don't know how you walk her! AND I hear you about wireless connections I am having those types of issues but Tricia's computer is not, I think her computer changes connections throwing ours offline but don't know enough about it to fix it, Friday is coming soon and I will have her BF fix it (he is the one who told me her computer switches connections). Maybe he can stop that from happening too, I can wish.

Well gals I have a story to tell. I'm going to be a grandma again but it is my single son who is making me a grandma for the fifth time. Yep, he came by last night to tell me (before he brings Beca over for Thanksgiving). Still trying to figure out my emotions on this one but I do know God works in mysterious ways and am praying that this is one of those mysterious ways. He is excited and really wants us all to be excited too, I played it right while he was here but then my mind got away from me last night. I'll work it out and I know that they will too, after all they are both adults but a Mom just can't turn off that Mom mode (his middle sister is like this too and was crying while I was talking to her tonight). Sigh just had to get it off my chest. FB people please don't say anything on FB because his Dad is on there too and he does not know yet. Thanks for hearing me rant.........Night.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Sandy, I think bras are ok; it's panties.

You're right, Sandy. We don't know the reasons why some things happen as they do. No matter what happens, I bet you'll fall in love with that little one. Isn't that really all that matters? Good thoughts coming to you and your family.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Well I guess if bras are okay than the loss prevention police are not after me I am assuming if it was something bad we would have heard about it, I guess that is what happens when they close down customer service and have the sales associates deal with everything.

Oh that I know Pattie this little one will be loved by all but it is hard to adjust to my baby having a baby without being married, but I would rather them be sure before jumping onto that wagon. Son will be a good dad he is great with his sister's kids, even babysits for both of the sisters! This too will pass and I will wonder what my problem was.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:54 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,042,431 times
Morning ladies

ooo Sandy a new little one to spoil !!!
Everything will work out
and the fact he is so excited is the best part
Have you met Beca ?

Evey my hubby was talking to our next door neighbor and they were joking about all of the wireless connections that come up when they log in (he is a computer guy too)
They said they can tell that a lot of the folks don't know how to secure their wireless
I can't pickup the 4G in the house on my netbook but hubby can on his werid huh

The lathe is a "monster" I think it weighs over 350#'s we asked the neighbor across the street to help get it out of the truck then the guy next door to help get it on the stand
lol I told hubby we needed to spread the lifting help equally around
I know he can't wait until I can lift things

yikes I can't believe I forgot to share the TV story

ok 3 weeks ago we were in Costco and what did I see
a 70" LED flat panel TV with the most incredible picture
It also had a $400 instant rebate
well we came home and hubby did some research and said it got really good reviews
The reason the picture was so nice was because it uses 4 colors instead of 3

Then of course I got a bug up my butt
my version of "rational" thinking kicked in
We had put the money away for our cruise and since we didn't have to pay for it well lol
So off to Costco we went
Hubby ordered a wiring harness and wall mount so it could be mounted on the wall with no wires showing

let me say the picture is so great lol we don't mind watching commercials and I really don't miss the 3" we lost since the other Tv was 73"
plus with it hanging on the wall it opens up the familyroom

I sold the 73" one to a friend of the guys who bought CD house their TV had broken and they have 2 young boys and they were thrilled to get a new "big Tv"

Last Saturday while hubby was watching a movie this thin green pixel line appeared right down the screen
We did some "research" and it is a common thing with flat panels
1 call to Sharp and they said they will bring out a new one right away
We could of returned it to Costco but this way they will not only deliver it but they will take the old one off the wall and put the new one back up

This will eliminate us having to ask the neighbors to help lift
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals